Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

8,277 Interview Reviews

2.7

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

There were three rounds.They were aptitude, technical interview and hr. They were pretty easy. Some people gave more than one technical interview. The process took more than two days.The aptitude round was the only cutoff round.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process consisted of a technical screening followed by three rounds of interviews.
    The technical screening round basically consisted of coding and logic questions. The interviews were technical,HR and managerial.Overall ,pretty hassle free.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

First round was a pure aptitude test and most of the students were able to clear it as we were given intensive training on aptitude.
    Second round was just an Interview and it was completely technical and they asked questions from my resume and also from my areas of interest in detail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Three level of interview process.
    Technical - was very difficult and very detailed, they asked me about C programming and some mehcanical questions.
    HR - Very clear and gave suggestions for improvement on the things that I lacked.
    Management - generic question like why TCS? Why not Infosys etc

Application

Interview

it is basically a single round interview with all the rounds. and asked about database design. They also asked about team management questions. There are three people in the panel asking about different types of questions.

Interview Questions

• how to avoid redundancy in database without any schema constraints, use any sql command   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The selection was based on a computerized IQ\Skills and Personality Test Followed by a face to face interview in my university campus.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself growing in the company and if you are ready to work in any Locations?   Answer Question

Interview

First, a person will contact you to arrange time for the interview. For internship, I have two 1-hour phone interviews in the same day. It'd better to have at least 2 weeks to prepare after you get the contact from Google. Also the phone signal might be bad so be prepared to have alternative way to contact. The first question is about bitwise operation. Study from Cracking the Interviews might help.

Interview Questions

• Design a class where you can add elements, and return the mean of the latest N elements.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Very simple and basic questions. Nothing difficult. Not many personal questions. Combination of technical and HR. Interviewers were very friendly. It lasted for half an hour. Questions were mainly based on C programming language. Mainly focusing on strings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Check eligibity criteria then Aptitude test then Face to face followed by HR round then Group discussion. interviewer will be very calm good and knowledgable person. Be clear with interviewer never hide any thing

Application

Interview

3 rounds of interview, no written tests for percentages above 75.