Tata Consultancy Services Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

On May 17, 2018, I was contacted by a Tata consultant on behalf of Cargill to attend an interview. The first interview time was supposed to occur sometime after 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 21. I never received a confirmation on this event and the event never took place. After emailing the Tata consultant on Monday morning inquiring about specific interview time, he replied stating that I had not responded to him on a timely manner and therefore the interview could not be scheduled for that day. This was simply inaccurate and I replied to him the same day he contacted me about the opportunity acknowledging my availability for Monday, May 21.
Eventually, he re-scheduled an interview time for 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23. Just a few minutes into the interview, the interviewer, who I reckoned to be a consultant based on his email address, opened the conversation by stating that my resume lacked the necessary requirements for the job and that he would not want to waste anyone’s time pursuing the interview. This was completely bewildering and utterly illogical, for if my resume lacked the needed credentials why did I even receive an interview time! The organizer of the interview was calling from overseas and his sentences were fragmented due to poor connectivity that was used for the Skype session. No Cargill staff was present at the interview session.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2017.

Interview

Brief. Review client requirements and matched with resume. TCS verified visa status to work in US. Phone screen with client relationship manager followed by client calls on phone. Later in person interview with three client managers.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

First is HR round. After HR round, You will have discussion with director or Vice President of Area. Two or three technical round. Technical round was in depth.

Interview Questions

• Describe your last project .   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Get a call and Get started. Basically its the usual flow, either you get a call from consultancy or from tcs directly. They schedule a project level call who wants for the project. then management round and HR

Interview Questions

• Experience, Tech Questions and PM Questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

basics are asked.. nothing in particular... actually they hire mostly to staff people in T&M mode, so they take 2 rounds of interview once initial screening followed by client discussion. Client discussion is final in body shopping projects. if client is satisfied, they take you... mostly look for associates who belong from similar work culture backgrounds...............

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Nothing specific to mention, interview was more on my technology and the roles performed. There were multiple rounds on interview. 2 rounds on technical and 1 management. I applied for architect role and the interview was more on architecture & tools that i have used...etc.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Antonio, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

All telephone interviews. First call with recruiter. Second two phone interviews were with local managers at client site. Difficult to understand since all were Indian with heavy accents. Most questions were around my past experience, and whether I had a certification, which was clearly on my application and resume. Was asked to explain experience highlighted on my LinkedIn profile. After two telephone interviews, I received a call from HR informing me I would receive and offer, and from that time until actual join date was over a month.

Interview Questions

• In terms of dollar amounts, how large have your past projects been?
      Tell me about this from your LinkedIn Profile...   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was most frustrating portion. Was initially told salary for the position, but when offered the position verbally, was quoted significantly less. HR and on boarding process was too long. Frequently told I'd get a call back within hours, days, but it was typically 2 weeks later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews, hiring manager, developer, other team members
    Phone sessions with HR recruiter

Interview Questions

• There is a middle agency involved that finds candidates for TCS. They ask you Questions vs a TCS team asking you a personal Question like what do you want in terms of salary, relocation etc,
      However Technical Questions were directly asked by a TCS employee
      Did not find the TCS recruiter very helpful in answering Questions about the company   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2015.

Interview

The process started with calls from recruiters,who will advise candidate to expect other calls from senior recruiters .The process resulted in several phone interviews,with different folks,some calls would come at odd times and weekends

Interview Questions

• What are doing currently doing on your job?
      What is experience as related to the open position you are interested in?
      What is the highest education you have attained and certifications you have?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and they arranged the interviews. There was one general phone interview, one technical phone interview, one face to face interview and a final Skype interview. After the face to face interview the position and location changed to suit the needs of a different project. I accepted the change and moved forward with the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the acronym for a Service Level Agreement at a hosting provider?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.