Tata Consultancy Services Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ (US)).

Interview

Quite a lengthy process from interview to start

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

It was client interview on phone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no scope of negotiation. Employer pays as per their policy for US onsite deputations

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

There were several phone interviews before one in-person interview with the client. Phone interviews were conducted by 2 recruiters from an agency. One phone interview with Tata rep was horrible, as he could barely speak English and was very hard to understand. Client conducted final interview, but the Tata rep called with the offer. Again, because of his poor English, it took me a few minutes to understand that he was offering me a job!

Interview Questions

• The client asked all the expected questions. I was surprised that they asked me to send work samples to the Tata rep, not them, because I was not going to be working with the Tata rep, and he worked in a different field than I do. There was no way he could have evaluated my work correctly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lots of back-and-forth between Tata and the recruiter, who originally told me it paid $30 an hour. After the offer, he said $22, which is when I slammed on the brakes. Suddenly he didn't remember the $30 offer, and acted like it would be hard to negotiate. I finally got them to agree to $28, but it took a couple of weeks.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

One phone interview, and one face-to-face. Two individuals interviewed me and one did all the talking. He was very knowledgable and they made me feel comfortable. the interview started on time and lasted for 20 minutes. I got an offer two day later.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but I was impressed by the knowledge of the intervewer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2015.

Interview

TCS interview process is very quick and energizing initially then they drop the ball on the candidate. They start with nice salary initially then start bringing the $ down as each level of interview passes. I would advise any U.S Citizen not to apply at TCS because they don't know professionalism 101.Typical Indian company with Indian mentality. Don't know how to treat candidates.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews, hiring manager, developer, other team members
    Phone sessions with HR recruiter

Interview Questions

• There is a middle agency involved that finds candidates for TCS. They ask you Questions vs a TCS team asking you a personal Question like what do you want in terms of salary, relocation etc,
      However Technical Questions were directly asked by a TCS employee
      Did not find the TCS recruiter very helpful in answering Questions about the company   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and they arranged the interviews. There was one general phone interview, one technical phone interview, one face to face interview and a final Skype interview. After the face to face interview the position and location changed to suit the needs of a different project. I accepted the change and moved forward with the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the acronym for a Service Level Agreement at a hosting provider?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Nothing specific to mention, interview was more on my technology and the roles performed. There were multiple rounds on interview. 2 rounds on technical and 1 management. I applied for architect role and the interview was more on architecture & tools that i have used...etc.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (West Chester, PA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

When I started job hunt, I was not getting any calls by applying to company websites directly. Even on linked in, dice jobs I was not getting calls for full time opportunity. My resume was picked up by one of consulting companies and they submitted my profile to TCS.
    With TCS I had very good discussion with the current managers, I was interviewed on my expertise, work experiences, challenges, reason for leaving the current employer after such a long time etc.

Interview Questions

• I think one of tricky question was - Having status of Permanent Resident; why am I joining a outsourcing company   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Recruitment process is very disjointed. Tata recruiters are very aggressive during the initial engagement process, but fade into oblivion One could be left hanging for months with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter did not present any interview questions other than 'can you perform duties in job description?'.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.