Tata Consultancy Services Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was long process with first technical round, followed by client interview.
After that HR round.
The whole process took 2 months period.
Some times followup with the status is required.

Technical Interview was in depth. Client interview was about the current project, roles and resposiblities

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I had an on campus interview. Since my GPA was above their required minimum I went directly to the interview. There was a panel of 4 people. 3 developers and 1 from HR. They asked a few technical and a few general questions. The technical questions were very easy. They asked basic questions like for loop. The HR questions were mainly to see whether I could work in a team and whether or not I would be willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

I had got into a University for Masters.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Milford, OH (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was an extremely generic developer interview. If you were to Google the top 20 programming interview questions you would see what they ask. It felt very scripted and it didn't come off to me that they actually cared about my technical abilities. There was no programming test or challenege, and as I later found out from accepting the job and working there, the bar for entry is extremely low. There were many, developers, who were an insult to the feild, they couldn't even write a basic for loop, even if you hand fed them instructions on how to do it. Don't get me wrong there are plenty good developers there, but the bad outnumber the good by a lot.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Very basic questions. They really needed someone at the project.

Basic Java questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. I wanted to start get a job as quickly as I could. So accepted it right away.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

They called me up a few times, asked me some excessively simple questions and made me an offer. At one point one of the guys who was supposed to call me just plain didn't. I should have known something was up because of how excessively easy the interview was, and management not calling me back after asking for the call soon became the norm.

Interview Questions

• What are the three concepts behind Object Oriented programming?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. You are wholly replaceable to them.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (East Lansing, MI (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview was limited to exclusively technical questions, there were no behavioral questions. Technical questions ranged from database optimization/abstraction, C/C++ programming, and some low level embedded development. Overall the interview felt extremely impersonal due to the fact that technical questions were just asked as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would reduce query time for a SQL query?   Answer Question
    • Explain encapsulation, polymorphism, inheritance, and abstract classes as used in C++   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I went for walk-in interview. '

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

applied in campus and went on interview and cleared Technical and HR round. Had good conversation with the panel members and they were eager to provide the option of the content

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

3 rounds were there
    Aptitude and gd
    Technical interview
    Personal interview
    Interview process was very standard. To crack the interview we have the good communication skills as well as having good aptitude knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between primary key and foreign key   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2015.

Interview

I had got this job from my college placements. So it was completely based on the college placement process that was being followed. I am not completely sure about the TCS hiring process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.