Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 22 May 2019

2.7

788 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2014.

Interview

first HR interview, then tech interview through skype. The HR asks general behavioral questions like why TCS, what is your strong point? The tech questions are fair, including data structures, algorithms, ect. The overall procedure is fairly easy compared with other companies. However, the offer is not provided since I am not a US citizen...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Spoke to a Campus Recruiter at a career fair at my university. Had the interview 3 weeks after the career fair with four interviews. The interview was very relaxed and they mostly talked about how the process of becoming a software engineer required six weeks of training in Java.
    Got a call about two weeks later with an offer. No second interview required.

Negotiation

Was allowed to choose from about 3-4 locations to work from. No salary negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview

It was on campus interview so there was written test then technical round and then HR round in which GD was conducted.technical round included some basic coding questions like reversing a string and some concepts of programming language

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to join if we send you to Andaman and Nicobar islands?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2014.

Interview

Applied in the campus, gave them resume directly, 3 days later HR contacted me to schedule interview. In the first round, it is just about some behavior question, like why you choose this company. The second round is the technical interview, there is no coding problems, just basic conceptual things based on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Just very basic conceptual questions based on you resume   Answer Question

better offer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through school, got the interview the week after. Two people ask you different questions, one the HR, simple behavioral questions. The technical person asks you about the projects and things that you listed on your resume. Before the programming questions he/she asks you what is your favorite language.
    Anyways the technical questions are pretty straight forward, simple programming questions,for example, what is operator overloading, what is the difference between C and C++, etc. I listed Linux in my resume, so if you do the same just expect them to ask you commands, for example, what is the difference between vi and vim, etc.
    Also, he asked me to write a program on a piece of paper, just a simple program, my guess is that he didn't care about the program, he focused on syntax.

Interview Questions

• I should have expected this question, but i did not prepare for it. The technical person asked me, other than schools projects and the languages i learned. what technology i am interested in, then he continued with the technology that he currently uses in TATA.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Interview

Whole process was dragged out for about two months. Initially met their HR through a virtual career fair. Sent in an application via email and asked to do a Skype interview a couple of weeks afterward. Well, the first two Skype interviews were rescheduled, then fell through because they had "issues with their Skype". Finally contacted again after about two weeks and did the Skype interview. Mostly further questions about the resume and some questions about why Tata, what do you expect to gain from this position, etc. Contacted again a week and a half later with a GPA calculation form. Received a phone call immediately after sending it in, saying they would send an offer within two weeks. Unusually did not get technical interview. Waiting to hear back.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at university career fair, signed up for an interview at the recruiter there. Went to the interview the following week on campus, they called it a "java interview".

Interview Questions

• What are five more important concepts you have learned while programming Java. It wasn't a difficult question, but a lot of the ideas mingle together so I was having a hard time separating them.   Answer Question

The salary seemed low and I still had many interviews to do with other companies. It wasn't a flat out decline, but more pending as I told them I was going to think about it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Tata Consultancy Services did not impress me. Their recruiters were late to Skype interviews and contacted me from a different time zone without tell me.

I contacted Tata from an email regarding an online career fair which was the equivalent of a chat room. I submitted the required documents and was eventually contacted by email.

I asked for 1 pm interview but was asked at 11 am to interview because it happens that the recruiter lives on the East Coast and I lived on the West Coast.

There was an initial phone screen with Skype. This was full of personal questions and project questions:

Ex: What was your most challenging question and what did you learn from it?

STAR type questions. Very relaxed and no pressure if you had interviews before.

The next interview was a technical phone interview. The interviewer asked me very simple data structures and algorithms questions. This was done with a web app that allowed me to view the questions/information associated with the question. I remember there being questions on tree traversal which I easily got thanks to my data structures class.

Interview Questions

Bad Location of Cleveland and low salary of 57k.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Signed up through a recruiter on campus. Had two phone interviews and one in person, all extremely basic. They would have done an on campus interview with me however their schedule was booked so I only ended up doing the majority of the interview process over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Very basic object oriented and database questions. (what is encapsulation, what is a left join?)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed initially at a job fair on campus. Then went in for a in person interview following week. Third week received an offer via email. Whole process was relatively pleasant .

Interview Questions

• Simple OOP questions. If you know OOP shouldn't be a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, gave me more than I was asking for.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.