Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone call interview: pretty easy; I don't actually remember any questions being asked, just being bounced from a LinkedIn recruiter with an accent to an engineering recruiter.
In person: Only on Saturdays, will update after I attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Will you be able to start in a month?
    Q: Are you willing to go to a 5 week training in the middle of nowhere?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Naperville, IL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, a recruiter called me two days later. They were interviewing the Saturday of the same week, so I was scheduled to go in between 10:30am-11:00am. There was already a crowd of candidates there, and they had us waiting in a conference room while they called us by name at a time to be interviewed. It seemed very unorganized. They had candidates come in at different times between 9am and 2pm. I was not even called until around 11:30am. Once I was called, I was interviewed by two (what I assumed to be) engineers. They asked me about my resume and background, and would ask questions based on what I talked about. There were some questions I could not understand and did not know how to answer, but it wasn't due to their heavy accents. Maybe it was their poor choice of words or my lack of knowledge. Either way, they seemed to have been irritated and tired of the continuous interviewing, and stopped the interview after I wasn't understanding one of their questions. They got back to me that coming Monday with their response.

Interview Questions

• You are building an interface where user types in their username and password, how do you compile? (This was the questions I did not know how to answer. They were not looking for code or pseudo-code)   Answer Question
    • What is an IDE?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between method overloading and method overriding?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview was horrible. I went to the job fair and was able to interview the next day. The person interviewing me was apparently the head or leader of the department in Redmond. He asked a few questions about my resume and gave me a math problem to solve. I thought everything went well, I answered everything correctly and solved the math problem that he assigned. I then get an email saying that they went with someone else. I went to the job fair again to try to interview one more time and the same guy that interviewed me was there and would not take my resume again for a second chance. This was around 8 months after the previous interview. These people are horrible, I never want to deal with these people again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL (US)

Interview

Hiring process was a complete joke. The person requesting my information barely spoke English and was recruiting for US (which is not to say I’m bad at all with accents but this was literally someone that was not even trying). Above from that, I sent my information that I would assume the person needed but never got an email response or call at all for supposed next email steps that were “going” to be “provided”. I can imagine HR system being a complete joke as well.

Interview Questions

• Only question I understood is: are you needing sponsorship in the near future.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Applied on campus. interview went on for 3 days. Mostly behavioral questions. But some technical questions were also asked. The first round is apps. If you get past it, the interview goes very easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

We went over most of my resume and questioned me on what was on it. Freshen up on your resume and you should be fine with the interview and it should go smoothly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

On campus interview- 3 rounds . It was tiring as there were a lot of students who what higher the written test and it was a long day! I was interviewed by a panel of 2 members. They started with asking about courses, and then asked about basis concepts in OS, Computer architecture, data structures.
    The second round was focused on coding skills. Linked list reversal, difference between status and dynamic memory allocation.

Application

Interview

It was my campus placement, first job. I felt it was fairly difficult interview, but technical team questioning was helpful. I did get placed right out of college and was a nice experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Straightforward, friendly and simple. They sat me down and starting with some basic personal questions like what am I looking for in regards to the ideal job, what technologies I am interested and some basic personal questions.

They then proceeded with the technical interview was a sort of shot gun approach. They ask a quick questions and you answer with the simplest response. They then proceed with questions based on your top 3 technical skills and finally some surface level questions. It took about an hour, but was not too difficult. If you did not know an answer to a questions, they were very open and supportive on explaining the answer. A very helpful group of people.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions based on what technologies I listed on top of my skill sets on my resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Recruiter found me and contacted me.
    she told me someone will call me and ask my background.
    after they want me to go to NJ and have an in-person interview.
    i got an offer at the same day i had an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• interview questions were pretty easy, some core java technical questions like interface vs abstract, overriding vs overloading and so on. just like any other company, they will ask you "why do you want to work for us?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.