Tata Metaliks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Metaliks Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Metaliks

3.1

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks in December 2020.

Interview

The first round was online and was conducted on AMCAT, it consisted of 6 sections- Psychometric, English Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude,Essay writing and Technical. Followed by group discussion where 8 participants were supposed to speak on the given topic turn wise for around a minute. Topic was provided on spot and it was conducted on a platform called aspiring minds. The next round was Personal interview.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked questions related to production and thermal engineering.   Answer Question

In Charge Interview

Interview

3 to 4 rounds of interview in total for selection. Telephonic, technical, Managerial rounds. They look how the candidate thinks morally, virtues etc . Negotiations are done by telephonic method if selected after interview

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Godavari

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (East Godavari) in January 2020.

Interview

Else company is good. But interview started little late and we waited for too long m. Salary package was good. They asked me about my experience and background.
    First step is your IQ test then personal interview. They check your communication skills and convincing ability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (Kolkata) in September 2019.

Interview

3 rounds:
    1. Technical screening test: questions from personality test, logical reasoning, English, advanced aptitude, technical, audio visual round.
    2. Group discussion: highly selective.5:1 compression ratio.
    3. Personal interview: i eliminated in GD. So can't answer regarding it.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (Durgapur, West Bengal) in September 2019.

Interview

It was good and worth learning from. The people asked technical questions, and made it comfortable for me to answer some. I didnt bag the internship. Questions were asked about main stream iron and steel making. I made mistakes, and the interviewer was sweet enough to offer me chips.😊

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (Durgapur, West Bengal) in February 2019.

Interview

I appeared for Tata metaliks through campus placement. The process consisted of 3 rounds.
    First round was aptitude+technical conducted by Amcat. Questions of quant and logical reasoning were fairly simple, whereas English and technical were a bit on the difficult side. I am a Metallurgy undergraduate and the technical consisted of questions from physical and mechanical metallurgy and engineering materials. Out of 30 who appeared for the test, 21 were shortlisted.
    Next was the group discussion round. We were divided into 2 groups of 10 and 11 students. The topic for our group was "Cashless economy : Is India ready ?". Time was given to everyone individually to put forward their points. Fluency in conversational English and presence of mind is enough to crack this round. Out of 21, 6 people were shortlisted after the GD.
    The final round was technical + HR interview. I was asked questions from iron and steel making, physical metallurgy and questions from engineering materials. The HR questions were fairly common like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you comfortable working in a rough environment ?" and nothing unexpected.
    Overall my interview went good and I was fortunate enough to be the only one to get selected.

Interview Questions

• What are the zones of the Blast furnace ?   Answer Question
    • What alloying elements are added to steel to increase its wear and corrosion resistance ? What is the composition of HSLA steel ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (Kolkata) in September 2017.

Interview

Round 1: Online Round hosted by AMCAT ie an adaptive test. Consisted of English(20 qs), LR (20 qs), Quant(20 qs) and Technical(18 qs, depends on your stream, mine was EE). All the questions were easy .
    Round 2: GD. It was the most unfair round. People were selected from the GD randomly.
    Round 3: PI (go through your resume and your projects and trainings)
    Round 4: HR(You are 90% selected if you make it to this round)

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (New Delhi) in August 2017.

Interview

Tough
    Highly technical
    Needs good basics in physical metallurgy
    Quality control is strict
    Basics of heat treatment
    Iron productions
    Pipes
    Ductility
    Elongation, tensile strength and hardness test methods
    Standard check of pipes
    Castings
    Basics of foundry
    Basics of blast furnace
    Basics of annealing/normalizing
    Basics of TTT diagram, CCT diagram

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (Jamshedpur) in August 2017.

Interview

Tata metaliks:-
    The whole process consisted of 3 rounds. 1) Written 2) GD 3) Interview
    For written round, it had 4 sections basic aptitude, Verbal,Data interpretation, Technical
    All were easy to moderate. The written round can be cleared very easily.
    After that out of total of 150 candidates 70 were shortlisted. Next round was Group discussion. Each groups had 17 members and total time duration was 10 min for each group. My topic was " Should brand ambassador be blamed for faulty products ?"
    Out of total around 170 candidates from 2 colleges only 8-10 were selected for next round. I was not selected so cant say anything about interview process.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Metaliks (Kharagpur, West Bengal) in December 2016.

Interview

Well structured process and was executed well.
    It was less of technical and more of hr based interview though a technical test was carried out earlier during initial process.
    Final round of interview done by Managing Director.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions with many HR questions   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.