Tata Power DDL Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Power DDL Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Power DDL

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi).

Interview

After Group discussion round, we were called one by one for the interview , the panel consisted of three members.They were keen to know about the candidate background and what he want to pursue later in career.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself?
      Where you live presently?
      Do you want pursue MBA in future ?
      Favourite subjects ?
      What is Ferranti effect explain draw diagram write equation?
      Losses in transformer explain?
      What is E stamping in transformer?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Bhopal) in December 2018.

Interview

First was technical plus aptitude test, then behavioral test, then gd and then interview. Interview was stress full, you have to be positive, they will try to make you more nervous by asking you tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about my training, situation based questions, some hr questions. Kind of stress interview. Background check was also done by hr.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in December 2018.

Interview

I had applied for the company through university.Branches eligible were EE & EEE.First of all there was an online test.First test paper was aptitude having sections like Logical,Verbal and Quant.Difficulty level was easy.Second paper was Technical.Difficulty level was moderate.For EE students,most questions were covered from Power Systems,Electrical Machines,Network Theory,Control Systems.Few questions from electronics were also there.For EEE,most questions were from Analog,microprocessor.Few electrical based.
    Out of 50 students,11(9EE and 2EEE) were shortlisted for the behavioural test and PI.Behavioural test was just a normal test to know about yourself(non eliminative).Next day all 11 were called in the Corporate Office of TPDDL near GTB Nagar.First round was GD(non eliminative).After GD,one round of PI for each student which lasted between 40-50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• GD Topic:Job vs Entrepreneurship   Answer Question
    • Explain the working principle,construction,types of Transformer   Answer Question
    • Explain different protection ways for a Transformer   Answer Question
    • Buchholz relay working in detail   Answer Question
    • What did you learn in your Industrial Training/Internship?   Answer Question
    • Working principle,construction,slip calculation,Torque-slip characteristics of an induction machine   Answer Question
    • Questions related to DC Machines construction in detail and excitation ways   Answer Question
    • Power Transmission and Distribution questions:
    • HR questions:
      1)Family background
      2)Further Plans
      3)Short Term Goal & Long Term Goal   Answer Question
    • Few questions about the company:
      1)What do you about TPDDL?
      2)Why TPDDL?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in March 2018.

Interview

1st stage was online aptitude test the level was moderate.
    I am from IT background.
    Interview was really nothing relevant to my field, just had stupid questions and the panel (4 people took interview) were themself not qualified enough i think!

For IT people nothing specific to prepare.

Anonymous Employee in Manipal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Manipal).

Interview

Had an Online Test conducted by AMCAT. The difficulty level was moderate. If you are giving such company tests regularly you won't have much problem. Only Electrical Engineering students were eligible.

PPT was conducted next day. Followed by a GD round which wasn't meant for elimination but I guess they wanted to see how well we interact and how our thought process works.

After that we had the interview round. One technical guy and one HR guy took the interview together. The interview lasted for 20-25 minutes. Basic questions based on your CV and area of interest.

Executive Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kurukshetra

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Kurukshetra) in November 2017.

Interview

Online test followed by PPT , psychology test and 3 panel interview (1 from hr and two from technical background). The whole interview was kept easy by panel means less intensive.

Interview Questions

• What you know about Tata power ddl , why you want to join   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Allahabad).

Interview

Normal and entertaining.Panel is quite friendly and asking familiar questions and overall ends in a good note.Not technical as it should be.Friendly atmosphere and other college mates share the same opinion about the process.Excellent execution of whole process and TPO had good reviews about us from the visiting Panel.

Interview Questions

• Some questions regarding the Electrical relay and it's working.
      How CT and PT is used   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was standard and of moderate difficulty. I was selected from college through an aptitude test which had usual questions. The interview and the complete process took about a week. The interview consisted of both technical and human resource HR questions. I was interviewed by a panel of three.

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Kolkata) in April 2016.

Interview

They were testing the basic Electrical Knowledge and based on the Experience you have.Mostly the questions were related to Utility & the process of Distribution and then the HR round

Interview Questions

• How does a 33/11 KV Substation Work.Describe in details.Experience and Project done earlier.Basic Knowledge about the Interviewer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Jaipur, Rajasthan) in November 2015.

Interview

Technical Interview experience:

There were 4 people in the interview jury. Technical Interview was around 35 Minutes. They framed questions from my resume ,asked in detail about my third year Projects and technical questions were asked from Machines and Power System.
    Tips for Technical Interview:

Interviewer can ask anything from your resume.About your summer internship, your minor and final year project.
    They can ask "ANYTHING". So be thorough with your "Resume's Every Line and word", your Projects and Summer Internship.
    As well as just go through all basics of major subjects like Machines, Power System, Network Theory.
    Don't take pressure of interview, just assume you are sitting in a class viva.

HR Interview experience:

It was a hr cum situation based interview, in which he give me some organizational situations(Team work situations). He also asked some ethical questions. He only testing whether the candidate is fit for job or not
    Tips for HR Interview:

Your Extra curricular will gonna help you here :)
    Take some time to understand the situation and then answer.
    Be calm with your body language.

Interview Questions

• Question1 : Design distribution system for given peak load
          Question2 : Transformer losses and its tests
          Question3 : Final year and minor Project related Questions
          Question4 : Parallel operation of Transformer
          Question5 : Renewable Energy Sources
          Question6 : Power system Protection   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.