Tata Power DDL Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Power DDL Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Power DDL

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Bhopal) in December 2018.

Interview

First was technical plus aptitude test, then behavioral test, then gd and then interview. Interview was stress full, you have to be positive, they will try to make you more nervous by asking you tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about my training, situation based questions, some hr questions. Kind of stress interview. Background check was also done by hr.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in December 2018.

Interview

I had applied for the company through university.Branches eligible were EE & EEE.First of all there was an online test.First test paper was aptitude having sections like Logical,Verbal and Quant.Difficulty level was easy.Second paper was Technical.Difficulty level was moderate.For EE students,most questions were covered from Power Systems,Electrical Machines,Network Theory,Control Systems.Few questions from electronics were also there.For EEE,most questions were from Analog,microprocessor.Few electrical based.
    Out of 50 students,11(9EE and 2EEE) were shortlisted for the behavioural test and PI.Behavioural test was just a normal test to know about yourself(non eliminative).Next day all 11 were called in the Corporate Office of TPDDL near GTB Nagar.First round was GD(non eliminative).After GD,one round of PI for each student which lasted between 40-50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• GD Topic:Job vs Entrepreneurship   Answer Question
    • Explain the working principle,construction,types of Transformer   Answer Question
    • Explain different protection ways for a Transformer   Answer Question
    • Buchholz relay working in detail   Answer Question
    • What did you learn in your Industrial Training/Internship?   Answer Question
    • Working principle,construction,slip calculation,Torque-slip characteristics of an induction machine   Answer Question
    • Questions related to DC Machines construction in detail and excitation ways   Answer Question
    • Power Transmission and Distribution questions:
    • HR questions:
      1)Family background
      2)Further Plans
      3)Short Term Goal & Long Term Goal   Answer Question
    • Few questions about the company:
      1)What do you about TPDDL?
      2)Why TPDDL?   Answer Question

Am Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• why you want to join the company face to face interview was conducted in the premises of university. there were three interviewers. first round was group discussion followed by psychometric test and then panel interview.   1 Answer

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Kolkata) in April 2016.

Interview

They were testing the basic Electrical Knowledge and based on the Experience you have.Mostly the questions were related to Utility & the process of Distribution and then the HR round

Interview Questions

• How does a 33/11 KV Substation Work.Describe in details.Experience and Project done earlier.Basic Knowledge about the Interviewer.   1 Answer

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL.

Interview

Campus recruitment

Negotiation

No negotiation

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in April 2015.

Interview

first aptitude was conducted by AMCAT. Some 23 students cleared it out of 40. Then for interview they called us at delhi office. There, technical and hr was conducted. It was easy although they were asking more of situation based ques. finally 10 students were selected out of 23. Some of technical ques were - wwhat is transmission, ELCB, MCB, project work, etc.

Interview Questions

• they asked if you and your team face a mob outside your office, how would you handle it? Also, if you find a piece of gold jewelry outside on road what you will do? Basially they are checking your ethics and reaction to situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in March 2018.

Interview

1st stage was online aptitude test the level was moderate.
    I am from IT background.
    Interview was really nothing relevant to my field, just had stupid questions and the panel (4 people took interview) were themself not qualified enough i think!

For IT people nothing specific to prepare.

Anonymous Employee in Manipal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Manipal).

Interview

Had an Online Test conducted by AMCAT. The difficulty level was moderate. If you are giving such company tests regularly you won't have much problem. Only Electrical Engineering students were eligible.

PPT was conducted next day. Followed by a GD round which wasn't meant for elimination but I guess they wanted to see how well we interact and how our thought process works.

After that we had the interview round. One technical guy and one HR guy took the interview together. The interview lasted for 20-25 minutes. Basic questions based on your CV and area of interest.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (New Delhi) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was standard and of moderate difficulty. I was selected from college through an aptitude test which had usual questions. The interview and the complete process took about a week. The interview consisted of both technical and human resource HR questions. I was interviewed by a panel of three.

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power DDL (Allahabad) in February 2015.

Interview

GD followed by interviews.
    Mostly based on technical things and hr was mostly on your stength and weakness.some of the technical questions were transformer rating , power system protection (read badriram properly) and have good insight to the ongoing technological developments of your respective branch.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.