Tata Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Power Interview Questions

Updated 19 Feb 2019

Sort:

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

casual, cool, friendly setting. Questions were from power system protection and interlock schematics. DC AC schematics. Work experience gained, learning from previous projects and experience gathered. Interest in field, manual, software work. Was asked about the willingness to continuously travel and work on field. Was interviewed by senior manager and then introduced to the General manager. Given an instruction to never return from the field without having solved the problem, which helped me personally in life.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

First online test and next group discussion round and then Interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are forced to accept bribes during the part of the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power in December 2010.

Interview

They took me because of my btech grade.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Power in March 2013.

Interview

It composed of four rounds.One was telephonic for screening,then aptitude,group discussion and then technical and hr.The technical was a panel interview and it the questions were moderately difficult.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Power (Mumbai) in February 2016.

Interview

I have apply through the offcampus placement.In the tata power the first round was the technical test where the question on only c/c++ and the database.there is no negative marking .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Power in January 2012.

Interview

Had applied for a management internship in the finance department. The team was quick to reply and I got an interview opportunity on the basis of my CV. There were 2 interviews conducted, one was a technical finance interview and the other( the 2nd one) was an HR interview. The whole process was quick and smooth and i got the acceptance call within a month.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Power (Mumbai) in April 2012.

Interview

my selection in the company was done on the basis of my background and experience,because i was an intern so they didn't ask for any interview.on my very first day i had an induction section with the corporate IT department for an hour and i got many answers to my questions in mind,like the company is all about actually from inside,how it works,Tata code of conduct in practice and a very calm and composite working environment.they made me feel very comfortable in the organization,very down to earth people and employees are respected and made feel really important and precious asset of the company.

Interview Questions

• i was asked some of the questions related to IT because i worked in IT department.those were not that difficult but needs a thorough knowledge about the subject.
      internet basics,connectivity and mailing mechanism and procedure.security?   1 Answer
    • GIS its latest uses and procedures? this questin was asked because i had done a course in GIS and Tata Power is in the phase of implementing GIS technology.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i wasn't provided any food or transport facility from the organization at first,but on my very first day after my induction with the corporate head.i directly talked to him about these issues.and despite that it was an HR matter.he himself called HR dept.and made sure that i should not be worrying about any of the facilities that company is in a position to provide.they made my food coupons arrangement within just half an hour and tried their best to avail transport facility to me as well.but that was quite off the route for the company's bus to pick me.so i managed it myself.but i really appreciated thier effort because they were not just saying so for the sake of formality but were really concerned to make me feel a part of the company till and after the period of my internship.

Anonymous Employee in Connaught Place

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power (Connaught Place) in May 2012.

Interview

very nice peope taked tpp me very poitiely

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very good you can easiy negotiate with them

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Power (Bhubaneswar) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers in the panel. Both interviewers had big designations.
    They started with ice-breakers. They asked about 10 technical questions and asked me to explain it to them clearly. They subjected me to more practical based questions than theoretical questions. They were particularly impressed by my resume and my training information. They cross-checked my resume by asking me questions pertaining to different section of it. They even asked me to draw and explain some power systems related diagrams.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power (Visakhapatnam).

Interview

It is a campus Recruitment. Written exam followed by GD followed by a personal interview (technical and HR). The written exam was conducted in the college it is a paper-based test. The interview took place in a single day and results declared on that day itself. The personal interview had 3 persons: 1 HR, 1 electrical and 1 mechanical department person. Interview level was quite tough and very long.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding Mechanical engineering, General Physics, Chemistry, My project work and HR related.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.