Tata Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Power Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Power

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

casual, cool, friendly setting. Questions were from power system protection and interlock schematics. DC AC schematics. Work experience gained, learning from previous projects and experience gathered. Interest in field, manual, software work. Was asked about the willingness to continuously travel and work on field. Was interviewed by senior manager and then introduced to the General manager. Given an instruction to never return from the field without having solved the problem, which helped me personally in life.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

First online test and next group discussion round and then Interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are forced to accept bribes during the part of the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

The company visited our campus during december 2019. Candidates for the interview were shortlisted based on online test and a psychometric test. 8 candidates were shortlisted for Electrical branch at my college.

Interview Questions

• 1.excitation system in generator
      2.difference between brushless and brushed excitation
      3.loss of excitation causes what ?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Power (Mumbai) in April 2020.

Interview

It was an online interview because of cover-19. There were two people from HR and one Senior UX designer on the call. They take the interview in a very calm fashion. The HR people were very sweet. The only problem I faced was absolutely no response from the company, to tell us whether we got selected or not.

OMST Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power (Kolkata) in March 2020.

Interview

Technical and HR both very basic and easy questions. Very helpful. They will go to your comfort zone for your best performance. Then they will go to deeper to your core. Interview will run at least 30 minutes.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power.

Interview

It was based on the projects I did during my BTech. I did Industrial training in the Transformer manufacturing industry, they asked me to explain about it. They asked some basic electronics concepts. They asked how drone technology works. They asked about the working of FASTAG.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Power (Nagpur, Maharashtra) in December 2019.

Interview

1.Online test- Platform is cocubes. There are 3 sections for 60 mins with 20 questions from each section(Quant,logical and verbal). Second part consist of technical mcqs(30 questions for 30 minutes)
    2.Group discussion on general topic(non elimination round)-topic given was 'Social media and Indian society.'
    3.Technical interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions from your branch. For electrical it included everything from transmission, generation and distribution. Interviewers were friendly and made experienced.
      There was no separate HR interview, at the end of technical interview only one question is asked "Why Tata Power?"   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Power (New Delhi) in December 2019.

Interview

Written Test , Psychometric Test , Group Discussion(it may non eliminating round) , Technical & HR round . At first there was a written test first part was consisting aptitude round & 2nd one was technical . Written result was published after 1 week & after that day we were called for psychometric test after the result cam we went for GD and that was non-elimination round , then it comes "PI (TECHNICAL + HR)". I want to thank my interviewers that they were so polite and very humble and obviously they were gentlemen .Just be honest during the interview.

Interview Questions

• TECHNICAL-
      Basics of your respective branch and core subjects.
      About your project & if you have published papers ,questions also come from there.
      HR-
      Tell me about yourself
      Why "TATA"?
      What do you know about "TATA"?
      What was your plan B after 12th?
      Why engineering?   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Power (Ranchi) in December 2019.

Interview

The first round included an aptitude and electrical knowledge assessment. It was followed by PPT, Technical interview (one or two rounds depending upon employer's choice) and a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked in the technical round were mostly from Electrical Machines and Power Systems. They also inquired about my internship at Tata Steel and about my work with Electrical Vehicles that included batteries, motors and battery management systems.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Power (Mumbai) in November 2019.

Interview

The interviewer were very friendly and question were mostly focused on internships done in past.
    They focused more on technical knowledge and questions were asked based only on resume. There was only I interview along with the HR .

Interview Questions

• Tell me what have you done in your internship?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.