Teach For India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Teach For India Interview Questions

Interviews at Teach For India

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India.

Interview

Application and then one-hour assessment centre. How would you speak to a parent? How would you speak to the Principal? How would you speak to this child in this situation? Why TFI?

Interview Questions

• How would you speak to a parent? How would you speak to the Principal? How would you speak to this child in this situation? Why TFI?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Interview

Submission of application followed by a phone interview- mostly behavioral followed by a assessment session- includes a 5 min teaching sample, interview and 2 role-plays as well as a problem solving test.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with a class that is succeeding differentially.   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India in October 2014.

Tips:
    1. Prepare well for the mock teaching.

- Be engaging (hint: fun exercises that your students can participate in)

- Think how you could show yourself as a nontraditional teacher (hint: search exemplary lesson plans on a topic of your choice and adapt from that).

- Do a check for understanding with the students, before you proceed to the next topic.

- Start your lesson simple and gradually make it rigorous.

- You will also be tested on how you adapt if the class doesn't respond to your plan well. Don't be scared to think on your feet and deviate from your originally thought of plan.

2. Be clear on why you want to do the fellowship, what motivates you and your future goals. There is no right answer to that. Just think of how it fits with what you have done and what you aim to do. Think of the skills you will gain in the Fellowship that can help you in your next job.

3. Read the application form that you sent in the first round thoroughly before you go. While your situations may have changed, avoid factual inconsistencies between your application and what you say in the interview , it might be seen with doubt.

4. Behavioral Interview: Think of instances in your past job/ as a student when you displayed team work, when you led a team, when you were able to organize your affairs well and what did you learn from these instances. Think of how did you navigate a difficult team situation and what was your response. Think of times when you failed to be <insert good adjectives> and what was the reason behind it. How have you changed since that time and what will you do differently if you were to go back in time to the same situation. (Hint: Don't say you wouldn't do anything differently; think of areas where there was scope for improvement)

5. Be genuine. Be yourself. Do not fret. While the selection rate is low, highly motivated people with the right intentions do get in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a big goal. How did you plan to achieve it? What challenges did you face? How did you overcome them?   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For India (New York, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

The assesment day consisted of two parts- a short lesson of 5 minutes and a final 1:1 interview of 40 minutes.

The 5 minutes lesson went well and when I went for the interview there was only one interviewer. She was asking me questions and also typing herself in her laptop which was little uncomfortable to me as I wasn't sure if she was listening me properly.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?   2 Answers
    • A hypotetical situation: you are a teacher in a school teaching 3rd graders and your principal hasn't hired an english teacher even when he promised that he would soon. how would you convinve him?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi).

Interview

The interview lasted for over an hour. The interviewers were coordial and friendly. The interview was conducted in a professional manner. I have mo complaints regarding the interview . The point of the interview was to assess how the candidate would think in a real life situation, and also know more about the achievements of the candidates prior to the fellowship.

Interview Questions

• What leadership role have you been in ? Most questions that followed were related to the above question.   Answer Question
    • Role play : a parent doesn't have time to attend the PTMs that you are organizing, convince her to attend in under 2 minutes   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (Bengaluru) in October 2019.

Interview

It was very rigorous but at the same time very strenuous. But I somehow sat for the interview .
    They hire based on your skills and capability. The interview process consist of three different rounds.
    One should write the essays properly and then read the essays before going for the interview. The overall experience of this interview was very productive

Alumni Impact Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India (Ahmedabad) in July 2019.

Interview

They aim to get to you your strengths and what you'd bring to the role as well as what is your long term goal and how does this role play into that.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India (Mumbai).

Interview

Online Application form on the website followed by screening, Phone Interview and Group discussion. Follow up was conducted by Customer Relations staff who was kind and courteous. There was also an additional screening done online.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi) in January 2019.

Interview

IT IS The day will be divided in two parts. In the first half, you will be tested on your teaching skills through a mock teaching lesson, your team work and critical thinking skills will be tested in a role play interview or group discussion. Post this round, some of the chosen candidates will proceed towards the interview stage. The interview is usually intense and lasts for a good one hour.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (Pune) in January 2019.

Interview

Includes a detailed application form to be filled up along with an AMCAT test. The application form has various parts asking for professional experiences, interests, and achievements. It also has three essays.
    After submitting the form and test, they may take a phone interview. (Mine was not taken, iI was directly called to assessment center)

Interview Questions

• They ask about everything! study the application form really well. Think and just be yourself.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.