Teach For India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Teach For India Interview Questions

Interviews at Teach For India

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For India (Bengaluru) in December 2018.

Interview

it was easy. just go with the flow. remember its not a competition. so if you're good they will take you and wont be bothered about vacancies. Group discussion, sample teaching activities, critical thinking, role play and personal interview makes up the whole package

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna do this fellowship   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi) in January 2014.

Interview

LONG INTERVIEW BUT NOT AT ALL TIRING OR BORING.LOVED EVERY BIT OF CONVERSATION.It included demo class with a GD and then finally interview round one on one.It was all worth.

Interview Questions

• they will see your passion towards children and education.They will judge your potential to teach kids with utmost zeal and enthusiasm.How you had faced your life problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India (Bengaluru) in October 2017.

Interview

They asked me about organization experiences I've had had in the past. Interviewer will not look into your eye, as they have many things to type and store about the review of the interview. This was disturbing for me.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of Essay, Aptitude test, Telephonic Interview, GD, PI.
    The panel would be helpful and would give you enough time and space to showcase your full skill set.

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions and questions based on the essay submitted by you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India (Hyderabad) in March 2015.

Interview

The selection process consists of four stages:
    1. Filling an online application form. You are asked for an extensive resume highlighting your leadership skills, a few questions about your most challenging moment, strengths, weaknesses etc., and a couple of essays about education and Teach for India.
    2. Online aptitude test.
    3. Once your application is selected, there is a phone interview (of half an hour duration).
    4. If you are through, you are invited to the assessment centre for day-long procedures:
    a) Sample teaching activity
    b) Group discussion
    c) Written aptitude test
    d) Post the midday assessment, if you are selected, you appear for the personal interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. In the online application, you are asked for an extensive resume highlighting your leadership skills, a few questions about your most challenging moment, strengths, weaknesses etc., and a couple of essays about education and Teach for India.
      2. In the online test, there are two sections - One of english grammar and comprehension and another on logical reasoning and mathematical aptitude. Pretty basic stuff but watch the time.
      3. In the phone interview, you are basically questioned in detail about your resume and your answers in the online application form.
      4. In the assessment centre activities,
      a) Sample teaching plan: You are informed of four options for the sample teaching activity upfront and you can pick one of them. Ex: Mathematics for Grade 2, Science for Grade 4 etc.
      b) Group discussion: Pretty basic. We were asked to act as fellows and arrive at a proposal on how to spend our funds.
      c) Written aptitude test: Similar to the online test earlier but no english questions. Mostly teaching related passages and reasoning / DI questions based on the passages.
      d) Personal interview: Bunch of behavioural + resume questions, couple of short role playing situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi) in December 2012.

Interview

They have an online application with deadline , where we need to fill an autobiographical form . IT is so detailed and comprehensive to sum up your whole life . It it gets shortlisted we are called for Face to face round . Which is whole day long . We go for introduction round then we take up a 5 minutes lesson plan and go for a 5 minutes long teaching session . It is elimination round and then if selected we are called for GD and a short written test . followed by a personal round of interview .

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India (Bengaluru) in September 2016.

Interview

Very exhaustive, but well worth it, the group interview and the 1:1 interview lasted really long. The sample teaching in on a strict timeline. Just be yourself and answer the questions. Be a team player and respect your fellow applicants during the interview. It is not a competitive process, but very selective.

Interview Questions

• - Lots of situational questions, group discussion and sample teaching   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India in March 2010.

Interview

1st round: online application
    2nd round: phone interview
    3rd round: assessment center - final round consists of 5 minute teaching sample, group discussion, question answer session, one on one interviews. Each part is measuring different aspects. But I think the one on one interview which is 1 hour long is the most important. They keep emphasizing the fact that it is not a competitive hiring process. If they find all are good, then all will be recruited. The one on one interview includes a role play.
    The group discussion is quite competitive with 8-12 people in every group. You are given articles to read before the interview. So the discussion basically involves a problem solving activity which is based on some of the information from the article/s.
    They are looking to see whether or not you can do the job, but beyond that also how passionate you are about this 2 year teaching commitment.
    Key questions in the one on one interview: Why Teach For India? Why Teach? Describe a day in your life.
    The interviewers tend to focus on your leadership positions on your resume or from the written application. They want to know how you led, the impact you had, your success as a leader.
    In the teaching sample segment they are extremely strict about the 5 minute time limit and the one minute set-up. They will just not listen to a word after the 5 minute mark. Be prepared to answer questions while you teach. If none of the participants (other interviewees ask them), then the interviewers will jump in.
    In the group discussion however, the interviewers (usually 2) do not get involved in the discussion at all, or for that matter don't mediate also. They simply sit, observe and take notes.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (Pune) in January 2019.

Interview

Includes a detailed application form to be filled up along with an AMCAT test. The application form has various parts asking for professional experiences, interests, and achievements. It also has three essays.
    After submitting the form and test, they may take a phone interview. (Mine was not taken, iI was directly called to assessment center)

Interview Questions

• They ask about everything! study the application form really well. Think and just be yourself.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India.

Interview

Online applicatoin --> Telephonic interview (only if necessary) --> Assessment Center

Online applications are to be submitted as per deadlines indicated on the website.

Within 2-3 weeks a notification for either telephonic interview or invitation to assessment center is received.

At the assessment center there is a 5 min teaching skills test followed by a GD and aptitude test. At the end if cleared all three rounds then there will be a personal interview which will include a role play.