Tecnimont ICB Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tecnimont ICB Interview Questions

Interviews at Tecnimont ICB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB (Malad) in February 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the post of Pipng Engineer though Campus Placements. The Interview process was scheduled on the 18th February 2017 at the Mumbai HQ, Malad. We were asked to report by 8:15 am, after which there was an hour long Presentation. It was followed by an Aptitude Session of one hour. Question types ranged from Technical, Logical Reasoning to questions on Current Affairs (like who recently won the Bharat Ratna Award & to which sport was Bhakti Sharma related?). The technical questions were also not so "Cake Walk" type. After the Aptitude selected students (I was one of them) were provided with lunch in the canteen. This was followed by a non-elimination group discussion round (Topics: 'Demonetisation' for one group and 'Donald Trump and Global Economy' for the other- both recent affairs). Then we were led to three interview rounds (One technical and two HR). Questions of the technical interview were too tough with questions from all the four years of engineering. HR questions were aimed towards life goals, life incidents and family background.
    The Interview process was smoothly conducted and completed in half a day. Hope this information proved useful to at least one of you:)

Interview Questions

• 1. Types of Corrosion
      2. Types of Valves
      7. Types of manufacturing processes
      8. Types of Welding
      9. Effect of Temperature on Stress-Strain Curve   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB (Mumbai) in February 2009.

Interview

Hiring depends on how many contacts you have in the company. If you know any GM or DGM, its really easy to get in this company. Otherwise better you get selected through campus recruitment. By the way its very easy process. Anyone can get in here without any problem. Thank you.

Piping Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB.

Interview

Candidates from several colleges were asked to report to the office at malad. These candidates were selected by the company from among those who registered. The criteria was not disclosed.
    First round was Aptitude + GK + Technical test.
    Selected students went to group discussion. (Non eliminating)
    Technical interview.(non eliminating) as the post was piping engineer, questions on SOM, FM, HT were asked.
    HR interview. (Basic questions. Some were asked technical also)
    9 candidates were chosen from approx 110

Interview Questions

• classification of engineering materials, Stress strain diagrams, Perfect gas law assumptions, BE project   Answer Question

Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB (Mumbai) in January 2013.

Interview

First the technical interview with the department managers and lead engineers covering all of the electrical engineering design subject. Design calculations for transformers, cables, AC and DC UPS etc. Load lis, cable list preparation. Single line diagrams.

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB (Mumbai) in February 2014.

Interview

The top six ranker holders from our college were called to undergo the placement procedure.
    It started with brief presentation regarding company, Electrical department and salary outline.
    Then we proceeded to give one hour long online test comprising of 60 technical questions related to our stream ( electrical ).
    Within 15 minutes or so they declared result, taking into consideration test score as well as academic performance.
    Then group discussion was carried out, but it did not lead to elimination of anyone.
    After lunch-break the technical interview and HR interview were conducted.
    In the end, they declared the result.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB in February 2016.

Interview

Interview started with long and worthy presentation. After that Aptitude Test. 60 min for 60 Question. 20 Questions are on General aptitude and 40 are on technical aptitude. Then they saw aptitude score and academic record and decided. Aptitude is only elimination round. After that Group Discussion.
    Then There were 3 interview.
    TR1, HR1, TR2.
    All rounds are important. They saw all 5 stage score including aptitude and academic. After they decided.

Interview Questions

• you have to study only Som, Thermodynamics, Heat transfer, some questions are also on Material Technology, compressor and pump, pressure vessel, Fluid Mechanics.   Answer Question
    • difference between Pump and Compressor   Answer Question
    • Gas law with diagrams   Answer Question
    • all law of thermodynamic with explanation   Answer Question
    • all material harding process.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB (Malad) in February 2019.

Interview

Mostly asked basic questions from basic subjects like strength of Materials fliud mechanics theory of machine etc also asked about family members what they do where do live your native place etc family income

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Stress strain curve
      Section modulus and it's practical application   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB.

Interview

In one day panel about 40-50 students were call for interview ..At 9 am company presentation started which continued for 1 hour ..After that there were online apptitude exam in which quantitative as well technical apptitude were asked. Exam was for 1 hour after completion of exam results were declared and selected candidates were proceeded for group discussion and rest were send home.... There was no elimination in Group discussion .After group discussion there were technical interview and HR interview .. and final result were declared at 5 pm

Interview Questions

• online exam mostly consist of questions based on structural analysis and hydrology ....for civil engineer   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB (Mumbai) in November 2014.

Interview

I was Interviewed for Senior Software Engineer (ITCAE)
    Got a call from a consultant to appear for the interview.
    Interview comprised of two part
    Technical and HR(HR was just a formality)

Interview Questions

The offered package was too less than what i expected, they tried to lure me with Onsite opportunity after 6 months. But i demanded a better CTC proportionate to my Current CTC

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tecnimont ICB (Nagpur, Maharashtra).

Interview

3 interviews : Initial screening test, interview with supervisor and then in-person interview with manager. Overall very good experience since interviewers and managers are very friendly and supportive. I interviewed for graduate trainee and interview panel was very supportive to me as I was a fresher. Initially there was technical quiz which is little bit tough and if you clear it then there is 1:1 interview with the supervisor or manager followed by the interview with HR. Generally, compensation is fixed for entry level position so there is no negotiation during HR interview whereas during as interview with managers some situational questions are being asked for example, how will you prepare process flow diagram, what are the key components, P&ID - technical and logic based questions. If you are good in your undergrad studies, no special preparation is required as such. While interviewing for Process engineering position, focus more on pump hydraulics, Process flow diagram, material selection diagram, P&ID, read about Aspen-Hysis software, heat and mass transfer, material and energy balance. No need to mug up chemical reactions. Do not answer textbook definitions for the questions like what is PFD for example, you will be immediately rejected instead explain it the way you will explain it to a layman or say grandma.

Interview Questions

• Past work experiences, background, technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.