Interview Question

Production Supervisor Interview

GE

Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed to make the decision. What was the decision and what was the outcome.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

7 Answers

I was asked how much lean and safety experience I had.

Anonymous on

I would have to rely on personal experience and how to prepare for the unexpected. It is difficult to make a decision without all the information needed but history of how similar situations have played out will ensure a reasonable outcome.

Anonymous on

I felt I wasted my time even interviewing with GE. I glad I took a different job at another company.

Anonymous on

I wouldn’t take a decision with out all the information, I rather wait and gather all information posible before making a final decision

Anonymous on

When I don't have all the information I need to make a decision, I try to pool my resources and gather information. Do some research, ask other employees, so that I can be as educated as possible going into the decision. Then I trust my leadership skills and if the outcome is not as expected, I would try to make further decisions that could help the situation.

Anonymous on

I told the production Manager I had 15 years of lean and over 20 years experience with safety. I ask him the same questions. He said 3 years and told me I didn't have enough experience within both areas.

Anonymous on

That is a very good question. I don't have an answer, can we come back to this one at the end? Once we came back to it I answered with having to decide whether to schedule weekend O.T. by 7am Thursday when much more relevant information typically comes in between 7:30am Thursday to close of business Fridays.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.