Tesco Customer Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 2 Mar 2019

2.2

380 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (London, KY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing. Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing. Normal MCT online test, then one-to-one interview with line manager. Interview was quite easy and relaxing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with complaints   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tesco

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halesowen, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (Halesowen, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

Simple hiring process: Handed in to the store my Tesco application form (now has been replaced by a standard CV requirement) which I had printed from the careers website.

Interview request came back several days later. The interview was simple assessing competencies and a small amount of time was spent trying to understand me as a character. The interview lasted 20 minutes maximum.

Before I was offered the job I was asked to shadow an employee for 20 minutes to gain a very small taste of there day to day work and check I was still interested, once I had confirmed that I was I was asked to start the following week.

Interview Questions

• The competencies required 2 examples in several cases and this threw me but after some mild prompting I came up with the examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)) in May 2008.

Interview

Great communication over the phone before hand. Interview consisted of in store group presentation, including group interview with scenarios and other team building exercises. This was followed by a one-to-one interview to discuss times of working, pay, availability and any final questions that needed to be asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when team building was essential in something you have done   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Bolton, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

I sent in an application form and was invited for an interview. This took place at the store and was conducted by a section manager

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco in April 2009.

Interview

The nastiest interview experience I have ever had. Whilst waiting for the interview in the staff canteen, I was subjected to abuse from a group of non-management staff. This gave the impression of a deeply divided company.

Interview Questions

• Give details of situations where you have been given responsibility.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco in August 2009.

Interview

You get a letter through the post, letting you know when your interview is and what time. You arrive and get taken to the rest bite around and asked if you would like a cup of tea/coffee. You sit in there for about a minute and then the interviewer comes and asks you to follow them, you go into a room and sit down. The interviewer asks you question's around personal integrity and customer focus. You then have to answer the question's but also give examples of where you have dealt with/ experienced those situation's. At the end of the interview you get told that you will get your answer either through the post or by phone, within 3days - a week

Interview Questions

• Describe a way in which you have put yourself out there to go that extra mile for a customer/ friend and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Mersea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco (West Mersea, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application, consisting of a questionnaire. Then a phone call and arranged interview at the store location. There is then more 'what would you do' questions in the interview, and a short booklet to fill out. Questions consisted of 'Can you remember a time you...' and 'Describe a time you were...'

Negotiation

there wasnt one.

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

filled out form and handed in to tesco store. The interview was a group interview firstly we had to introduce ourselves. The first question was explain a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone and we answered one by one. The second question was describe a time when you have done more than someone expected of you. After answering the questions we were split into groups of three and given sheets of paper, cellotape and pencils and asked to make a tower meeting certain specifications and then present and sell it to the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult questions but the group task was quite unexpected   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online and was then told few days later to come for an interview. A relatively informal interview with the manager of the department and his manager. Asked some questions about why I wanted the job, my personal interests and my short-term plans. Received a telephone call offering me the job the next day.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later to come in for an interview. A few situation questions were asked e.g name a time where you had to.. type questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.