Tesco Interview Questions in Liverpool, UK | Glassdoor.co.in

2.2

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holywell, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Holywell, Wales (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview which lasted over 2 hours. Team building exercise, tour of shop floor, practice on shop floor, group q+a. Group led by two managers. I had not applied for a particular job but just posted my CV on the Tesco website, I was then contacted and invited to the group interview.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broughton, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Broughton, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a face to face interview. This turned out to be a 2 hour interview process. Firstly, there was a far to face interview with a manager, but I was interviewed with another candidate. We were both asked the same questions, even though I was a school leaver and he was a 50 year old manager of a customer services team. Next, we went on the shop floor, and were asked to talk with customers and pack their shopping. The store was very quiet, and all the candidates were looking for people to help.
    Finally, there was a team building exercise in which we had to build a 6 foot tower out of paper within 5 minutes. It had to be free standing for a minute, and ecologically sound. There were 6 in the group of all ages.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abergele, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Abergele, Wales (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Just a few questions and a trial shift, got the job a few days later. I also think it was very good in terms of telling me about what it was like working there, and what i should expect in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on-line, the process was easy. I just completed the on-line application and the psychometric tests. Then got a phone call 2 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview.

The group interview was very laid back, there was 3 Tesco colleagues with clipboards making notes on us. There was 10 of us in total. We sat around a table did a small ice breaker that was simply saying your name and why you want to work for Tesco. We were given an application form to fill in and in that form we had to note our availability etc. One by one we were then called in for a one on one interview with a colleague (I say interview it was really more of an informal chat) during this interview I was asked basic questions such as "why Tesco?" "what makes good customer service" and just a general chat about what makes a good employee in general. I liked how laid back the one on one was.

There was then a chance for us to " have a go " on the shop floor for about 20 minutes, for me this simply involved getting an employee bar code for the self service machines and just did some basic tasks, such as checking peoples I.D's and authorizing the self scan machines, when any problems arose with peoples shopping. Also taking the tags off peoples alcohol / clothes etc. Pretty basic stuff.

We then went back to the training room, had a round up chat about the day and was told we would find out within the week about whether we are successful in our application.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, all really straight forward stuff.   Answer Question

I also got offered a job much closer to home, so it was in my best interest to decline.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview with team building exercises, Standard interview questions and they had you do a little work on the shop floor. You got to meet most of the management team whist you were at the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed online application form and then got phone call 1 week later asking to come in for interview. Interview was a group interview just asking us to answer questions on a pieace of paper. Was placed into pairs which is okay if your pair Is talkative and able to help answering the question.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abergele, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Abergele, Wales (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked me to fill in a form that stated when i was available to work. Then they asked me 4 questions 1-1 and then took me to the checkouts to help people pack their shopping

Interview Questions

• when have you been thrown in at the deep end and been asked to do something you're not used to? when have you given good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an online assessment that wasn't too bad, then went on to have a group interivew which included team work activities and upselling eachother. I thought that all went really well. Then after being told I was successful in that interivew you then go on to have a face to face interview with 2 people. It was a structred interview and asked lots of usual questions that you would be expecting. I then did not even get a call about the outcome, but considering it was a month or so ago I assume I was unsuccessful.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy enough, went to the interview and was asked basic questions - nothing that will throw you off. In addition to this we went through my CV and talked about past roles. The interviewer also asked me what my career aspirations were, therefore I spoke about what I want to do when I finish university. Just be your self and answer honestly, if you're nice enough you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time that you went above and beyond.. etc, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview with the manager concerning my past experiences in retail and how competent I was to do the job.

Very informal in the sense no notes were taken. It is more like a judgement on how well you would fit into the team and if you have had similar retail experience. No piercing questions were asked, was very simple.

Interview Questions

• Previous Experience in Retail? Why did you want to work at Tesco? What skills do you think would be important for someone in this role?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.