Texas Instruments Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Texas Instruments Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Instruments

3.2

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2015.

Interview

Applied after speaking with a recruiter at a university career fair, had an on-campus behavioral interview, and then was contacted about a phone interview involving a screen-sharing technical presentation. The technical presentation was about a project on my resume, and the interviewers asked a few questions regarding my presentation and the design behind it. The second interviewer had a feeling of behavior gauging that extended a bit further than that of the on-campus behavioral interview. Follow-up e-mails were quickly responded to, and I was kept updated on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   Answer Question
  • Given X design (from a project), would you want to use an op amp capable of operating well beyond the needed voltage range?   Answer Question
  • What is the purpose of a diode with relation to the motor in Y design?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It was an in-person interview from referral. I was asked about the project I've been working on, and my experience on IC design. They also mentioned several different positions, and asked my preferences. Questions were not difficult.
    Follow-up emails never got replied. Never heard from them for a couple of months. No offer.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First I interviewed with a TI recruiter on my college campus. Then after that had a phone interview where I had to give a technical presentation and answer a basic opamp question. Finally, I was flown down to Dallas for an on-site interview. The interview process was fairly smooth and the recruiter was very nice; she coordinated everything well. On-site I was asked behavioral questions (Why do you want to be a design engineer? What skills do you have? etc) as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Draw the cross-section of a MOSFET, the I-V characteristics and describe nonidealities
      2) Voltage waveform of an RC circuit across the resistor and capacitor
      3) D flip flop configuration
      4) Some tricky circuit analysis questions
      5) Design a comparator at the transistor level   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview a couple of days after a career fair. Wasn't really hard and the interviewer was very helpful. Overall, I was nervous going into the interview but after I sat down and started answering questions, it felt like an easy process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about basic cmos design and transistor characteristics along with a simple RLC circuit analysis.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the basic interview through career fair where they just checked the resume and asked few simple questions. They scheduled another face to face interview the next day. The interviewer was friendly and the interview lasted for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly regarding the basics of MOS transistors, design of amplifiers etc and about the projects in resume.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.I got an on campus interview at the carrier showcase. The next day interview was relatively easy and I was told that they will contact me for a second round of interviews through email. but the next day I got an email that I was not selected for further interviews. guess they changed their mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Started by getting an interview on campus in early September after talking to TI at a job fair. Interview consisted of very simple electrical engineering questions and a couple behavioral questions. The interviewers had a fairly positive response and all but guaranteed me a second interview over the phone.
     A few weeks later I was contacted to set up a phone interview using a screen sharing software. I was told to make a presentation, so I made one about my masters thesis. After giving the 15 min presentation, the interviewers asked more in depth technical questions on the project and some other things based on the skills listed in my resume.
     A week after this I was invited to an on site interview at TI in Dallas. The interview was split into two 1 hour interviews with 2 different interviewers in each, one focusing on analog and the other in digital. The questions in this interview were similar to the ones in the phone interview along with some more behavioral questions. After the interviews they said that they would get back to us within a week if we were not going to get a job or a bit longer if we were as they would have to find a place within the company to place us.
    After hearing nothing for 2 weeks I emailed and asked for an update. They replied quickly saying they had found a possible position for me at another location, but I would have to do another phone interview. I had this fourth interview in the middle of November, and it was eerily similar to the first phone interview I had, although I wasn't required to do another presentation. Thinking I had nailed this interview since it was the second time I had done the same thing, I figured I would surely get the job.
    Another two weeks later I emailed TI again asking for an update. The person in HR I was in contact with responded promptly, saying the person I interviewed with wanted to fly me out to his location for a fifth interview and the HR person was trying to prevent that. I responded saying I was still interested and would do anything to help the process along.
    I ended up having to take a much less desirable position at another company because TI was going too slow and the other company offered me a position in 4 days. I informed the person in HR about the other job and asked for them to continue searching for a position within TI for me, but I suspect they are no longer looking.

supremely frustrating

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions

• Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

First round interview is at campus. Just some behavior questions about team work etc. After one month, I got the second virtual interview, i am required to give a 10-15minitues presentation( need to use ppt) and then some questions about details of the presentation, technical and behavior questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Sept 2013, Initially I had an on campus interview in a career fair. they asked me 2-3 simple and then hard questions and I answered well, then they scheduled an on campus interview.
    Initially they asked the difference between MOS and BJT. I said current noise and so on. Also a few questions on PLL. In the on campus interview they asked about a source follower.
    Then I had to do a presentation of a design that I had done through skype interview. They asked a few questions not so hard regarding that design.
    On the on site interview there were 2 groups. Th first was tough. They asked many many questions on PLL I answered most of it but had not review it so did not answer all the questions. The second group was good only a question on phase margin, stability, simple OTA and also many questions on first order RC circuits. like the step response and so on.
    I though I did very well but apparently was not enough!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.