The Cosmopolitan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The Cosmopolitan Interview Questions

Interviews at The Cosmopolitan

2.3

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

Interview

Quick and straightforward, only took one round and a tasting unlike others that require multiple days plus a stage and so on. Average questions, nothing outlandish, must know the basics.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews and professional conversation to determine your energy and personality. Definitely smile and be yourself.. Dress professionally. Ultimately, they want to see how well you will represent the casino.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Ok. Only went through two interviews, one with the HR person to check if my experiences and two with my boss who asked scenario-based past experience question. I didnt find the interviews particularly hard. but I showcased my professional, yet outgoing personality

Interview Questions

• past working experiences, personality and what would you do kind of questions   Answer Question

Fountain Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 managers of food & beverage at different times. First was fine, the manager was friendly , understanding and patient. The second time she was uninterested, on a hurry and unprofessional.

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

Group interview. Fun. Laid back. Raise hand to answer questions or as they go around the room for everyone to answer the question answer to the best of your ability. Be honest and real.

Interview Questions

• Pick a core value word on the wall that most stuck out to you and share why you picked it and how you can implement your skills using it with the company.   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a few days later from a bored sounding person, the interview was very rushed and unfriendly, could tell from the interview they had someone either in mind already or were just doing interviews to comply with something. Went from "we are looking to hire" to "well we aren't hiring right now" at the end. Cool beans, do these companies not care some people have to take off work for these kinds of things.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions, do you have any questions, do you have any questions   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, they pretty much ask you questions about your experience, how you’ve dealt with difficult guest, how have you gone above and beyond, how well do you work with others... so make yourself look good & show them you can a great team player, i was offered the job. But my background didn’t pass, i have no criminal background but my credit isn’t the best. I tried to find out what it was in my background that didn’t pass ( i don’t do drugs) & i kept getting transferred to different departments who can’t answer my questions. It’s upsetting i cant get an answer.

Interview Questions

• Have you received constructive feedback & how did you respond to it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Went to the group interview and was chosen for the one on one, had my one on one and was great. I liked the front desk operations manager a lot and talked about receiving the drug test information. I have yet to receive that information.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online 6/12, was called on 6/14 to attend a group interview on 6/18. I was selected for a 2nd interview with the department on 6/19. During my 2nd interview, I was told the Director was very impressed with me during my group interview and she also assured me I would receive an email later that day with more information about moving forward with the hiring process. A few hours after my interview, I receive my offer letter with more information to submit for my background check and drug test. I completed all of the requested documents and waited to receive my appointment for my drug test. I took my drug test the morning of 6/22. Not even 2 hours after my drug test, I receive a call from "front desk management" letting me know they want to move forward with my onboarding(meaning I passed the background and drug test). She informed me about the onboarding I would attend on Monday, 6/25 and sent me more information about training and uniform fitting. Of course I was extremely excited at this point to start my new position. The very next day, 6/22. I was contacted by another "front desk management employee" saying that they have to hold off with my onboarding and training until my background and drug test clear. Right then and there I knew something was sketchy. I asked her what happened( since I already received information for my training) she said there was "miscommunication between management." Hearing that made me feel discouraged because they sounded SO eager to have me start right away. This same lady said she would keep me updated and would take a week to hear back about the clearance of background and drug test. I wait it out, anxious to hear back. Come monday morning, 6/25, I receive a voicemail from yet another "front desk management employee" saying they cannot move forward with my application and that they have no other information for me. UM, WHAT? I know I have a clean background and drug test, so why is there no other information as to why they are not moving forward with my application? They gave me absolutely ZERO explanation on why they changed their mind. So much for "Equal opportunity employer" when you can't let someone know the reason behind not hiring them after already receiving on boarding and training information. I am highly disappointed in this company and how their management team "communicates."

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

It short and fun we were only asked a total of three questions and we were also shown what male and female uniforms look and feel like we also watched a few videos

Interview Questions

• Your name and something you do for fun   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.