The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Dec 2017
3,943 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

You get a prescreen call from a Recruiter, then you complete two online assessments, then you come in for a 2 hour interview that includes two case studies (1hour to prepare both), a presentation of your case studies to two merchants followed by behavioral questions. If you do well with this part you will be scheduled for a phone interview with one of the VPs in Merchandising. The interview with the VP is a basically to see if you are a good fit for the role and culture. They will ask you a few behavioral questions and pick your brain at why you want to work at THD. Overall the process took a month and a half for me so be prepared to wait; but its worth the wait. This role is the gateway to many other roles in the company and a great opportunity to get your foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project that was falling off track. How did you recover the project and meet your goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a project with little guidance   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

This job was not open they called me in to interview. Was informed of this when I got there. Seemed not very 'above bar'. Should have been a bigger red flag, maybe.

Service Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

applied online, did an over the phone interview, got called in to do an in person interview, as well as a on spot drug test ( mouth swab) after I was hired, filled out documents and talked about schedule. Once that was all finished, I started working a week later. Total time from when I applied and started training was two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle myself with an unhappy customer and what would I do to solve it?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2017.

Interview

I went in about 10-15 minutes before my interview was actually scheduled and my interviewer came right away, which really helped with my nerves. He was very nice and walked me around the store, introduced me to everyone on the Merchandising team, and told me quite a bit about what exactly I would be doing if I got the job. We then went to his office where he asked me quite a few questions from a packet. There was probably about 15, and they were mostly all describe a time situations. It was a more difficult interview than I expected, but he was nice and went slow and made me feel very comfortable. The only awkward time was at the end after I asked a few questions we both just sort of sat there, haha. But he said he has a few more interviews to do and will contact the people he hires sometime next week so I’m really hoping I got it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time questions... such as when my morals were challenged at school or work , those sort of questions.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Nampa, ID (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was great....a very relaxed atmosphere in supervisors office. He asked me what I considered fair and unique questions to assess if I was qualified to fill the position. I had reservations as to if I would even want to work for the company, but by the time I left the interview I realized how very much I truly would like to have worked for Home Depot. I have not heard back from them yet but plan to apply for other jobs until I hopefully get hired.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion what was the main reason that accidents happen in the work force?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Had one phone screening that lasted about ten minutes and then an in person peer-programming interview with a lead software engineer. I was called two weeks later and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• We went over an in-house app and I was tasked to add a small feature.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a group interview where we spent most of the time solving technical questions. There were 2 questions and we were given about 15 minutes to solve each one.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to organize a function divided into several slips of paper in order. We were then asked to solve a puzzle with insane constraints which they later revealed there was no solution to. Both parts took about 15 min   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Waterloo, IA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 6 days later about my application. Unfortunately I missed the call but I did receive an email where they gave me a number to contact them so I did and ended up scheduling an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to work in a fast paced atmosphere and provide accuracy   Answer Question
    • How would you approach customer service being the last employee seen in the store?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer that has a complaint about a product or service?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you about a product you know nothing about?   Answer Question
    • Why would you say you’re the most qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was okay. Just remember the basic such as dress for the interview. Black, blue, or gray pants. White light gray or blue shirt. Hair back and men please wear a tie. No polo shirts jeans or stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit in our company?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.