The Porter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The Porter Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2018

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Porter

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Porter in July 2018.

Interview

The interview was taken by the AVP of the company, who didn't had much technical depth and understanding. He asked two questions and had probably seen their solutions before coming to the interview. I gave the best solutions for the problem statements but it was varying from the solution he had read before. When I asked whether he had a better approach than O(n), he denied. He asked me to explain the solution as he wasn't able to understand a simple recursion or a simple dynamic programming solution. I had to make him understand the code by running the code for some sample cases and then explaining to him the flow by going line by line, as he was too slow to understand the code and code flow. I voluntarily left after this as I couldn't work with such a guy who was sitting there as an AVP and was not able to understand a simple code.

Interview Questions

• Width of a tree   Answer Question
    • Maximum subarray with no two contiguous elements ( Twisted form of this question -> . where you are a thief and how much max amount can you stole with such constraint).   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Porter (New Delhi).

Interview

Applied for Operations Manager over the company website. I was asked to take a online test which consisted of mainly logic, quants mcqs and 2 situation questions of operations. Called up the HR as I didn't hear back after a couple of days. First the HR was clueless and said she would call back. Had to again call after an hour only to hear they are looking for a BD prolife. Surprisingly they didn't realise this when they shortlisted me for taking the test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.