The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The World Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at The World Bank

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for 1.5 hours with three senior staff members. I then had two hours to prepare two separate written documents for a blog and for a PowerPoint presentation based on some written material provided by the organization. I received a call on a Monday for an interview on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was preparing the written components for the skills test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked to provide a salary range. I provided a range of $55-65 and they offered me a salary at the top of range, so I did not need to negotiate for more.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was asked for an interview followed by an written test. whole process from application to written test took about 4 weeks and received 2 mails from HR for dates. Interview was fairly normal with general questions at start and technical ones in between and again general to end the process. There were 2 interviewers - one is line manager and other from HR department.

Interview Questions

• 1 - Describe your career and education?
      2 - Why you think you are best fit for the position?
      3 - Explain steps of a portfolio database creation, management and analysis?   1 Answer

I got another job at higher position elsewhere.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

The hiring process differs across all departments. One should be prepared to deal with multiple interviewers with differing backgrounds. In my case, I had to undergo seven rounds of interviews in a single day. In the end, I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is going on in global financial markets this afternoon and what would you do to rectify your position as a portfolio manager if you had the following options: [which I do not remember given the passage of time].   Answer Question

JPA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Very smooth but can take a long time because they run a background check...first met with HR then had a panel interview and finally a one on one with the director...make sure you can talk about your previous projects

Junior Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Online CV submission and got a call for interview. Two rounds of interviews with manager and colleagues. One writing exam.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you faced it.   1 Answer

Junior Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Apply online
    Forward your application to any contacts you may have internally in order to aid you in the short listing process
    Once you are short-listed, you get an interview
    Some positions require a test after the interview, such as a 24 hour deadline to submit a presentation on a specific topic you are assigned

Interview Questions

• How do you judge a project or business venture's profit potential?   Answer Question

Junior Specialist Interview

Interview

First round was a panel interview with five people. Second interview was with the head of the group. Overall a good and efficient process. Just wasn't the right fit for me

Spring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied via email. Got an interview scheduled within two days. Had a phone of interview with one of the consultants in the team. She called as scheduled. Asked me about my language skills and a bunch of behavioral questions. It was very easy and quite relaxing. She is was friendly also. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your know about the doing business indicators   Answer Question

STC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Got interviewed by 4 lawyers and a HR recruiter for about 1.5 hrs. Got offered in 3 days.

STC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal and friendly. It was a phone interview by the hiring manager. The interview team was late by about 30 minutes but they apologized for it. Overall a friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• what are your previous experience relating to the job? How would you apply your experience in this setting? Mention some of the challenges you've had in the field and how you were able to overcome them.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.