The World Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 399 of over 399 interviews

Campus Recruiting9%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo, Western

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Colombo, Western)

Interview

Very well structured, clear and very technical- typically 1-2 hours timing and panels of 5-8 people from various background. Can ask questions ranging from technical to skills to people skills and management.

Interview Questions
  • To explain how I was best suited for the role advertised
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

The World Bank

Application

I interviewed at The World Bank

Interview

The precess was quite fast and very technical. The panel was very friendly and interactive. All together was a very positive experience. It is important to demonstrate knowledge of different languages as the interview may require to proof language skills

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The World Bank

Application

I interviewed at The World Bank

Interview

Very informal and unstructured, they just wanted to know i had experience in the area and had time to work on the problem over the time period of funding. They were flexible regarding technical issues

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The World Bank

Application

I interviewed at The World Bank

Interview

The interview process started with an initial conversation with the department head, then a competency-based panel interview, finally a meeting with the division manager. Interviewers were respectful, focused, and, importantly, punctual.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you failed and how you handled the situation
1 person found this interview helpful

The World Bank

Application

I interviewed at The World Bank

Interview

After the application was shortlisted, there were two interviews. First was a 4 person interview followed by a meeting with the team leader. It took place over the course of 3 weeks. It was a virtual interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in Sep 2021

Interview

Applied for the job online, I was long listed for a written assessment. After I got through the written assessment which was sent to me via email, I had complete on my computer and then email back within 3 hours. The assessment was 3vexercises that included a written contract review, drafting a memorandum and drafting an official letter to a bank client. I was thereafter shortlisted for a panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for this position and what makes you a good fit for it?

The World Bank

Application

I interviewed at The World Bank

Interview

It was an hour interview with 5 interviewers. They were nice and knowledgeable. They asked about my previous experience in detail and other data science-related questions. The position was very challenging, so I didn't get the offer!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The World Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at The World Bank

Interview

3 phase interview. First phase was a video screening interview via HireVue. Second was a written assessment and third was a panel interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The World Bank

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at The World Bank

Interview

There was an excel based Technical round, where questions on standard deviation, Sharpe ratio, Treynor ratio, Modified Dietz method etc were asked. After clearing this round, there was a Panel Interview where mostly personality and aptitude testing questions was asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Buenos Aires)

Interview

Se realizaron 2 entrevistas, la primera con un panel compuesto con personal de distintas oficinas de américa latina. La segunda entrevista fue con el responsable local y el de toda la región. Se realizaron preguntas técnicas y aptitudinales en ingles y español.

Interview Questions
  • Que harías si durante el procedimiento de licitación ocurrió algún error o deficiencia en la publicación de la información?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Aug 2021

Interview

Demoram um pouco para convocar Painel diverso com 4 integrantes Perguntas razoáveis, os entrevistados eram bem simpáticos e em deixaram a vontade Foram 40 min de entrevista no total Questões dobre inclusão e diversidade

Interview Questions
  • Fale sobre suas fraquezas Como pode contribuir para os projetos do banco
Viewing 1 - 10 of 399 Interviews