Interview Question

Executive Assistant/Data Analyst Interview

-Washington, DC

MissionSquare Retirement

This was a very scripted interview in that if you've read the "top 10 interview questions" all of them were asked. The panel of 6 came in to the interview in groups of 2 which makes the interviewee repeat "tell me about yourself" 3 separate times. "Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer situation?" "Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?" "How do you deal with a difficult personality in the office?" "Can you tell me what this person did to make them difficult to deal with?" "Why ICMA-RC?" Only asked by the HR Consultant.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answer

1 Answer

It would have been more comfortable and less stressful if the interview was truly a panel interview and I didn't have to repeat everything to each group - most of which asked the same questions over and over. Also, the person who's position was being filled was involved in the interview which is usually very helpful, however his body language during the process showed disinterest in what I was saying. Also, I was told at the interview that the person I would be working for most of the time was not at the interview as he had to go out of town. Understandable for a high level executive, except how do you interview for a position with an individual without meeting them?

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.