Thomson Reuters Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

After I applied online, I received an email requesting I perform a taped interview. 10 questions, and they would record your answer. You can utilize the practice questions they give you beforehand, but once you begin the interview, it will begin recording and you have up to 3 minutes to answer each question and cannot re-do your answers. About 1-2 days later, I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was about an hour long and he did not have scripted questions. It was very conversational which I enjoyed, but definitely keeps you on your toes - you will definitely want to have questions prepared ahead of time. About 3 days later, I was asked to come onsite to meet with the team I would be working with. I was onsite for about 2 hours. I met with the hiring manager first, then shadowed other account managers. I was informed by the hiring manager that the team would have the final say as to if I would be extended an offer. The communication between HR, the hiring manager, and myself was always open and timely. Overall, this was a good experience, even if I hadn't been extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what a typical sales cycle looks for you?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had any experience working with a CRM?   Answer Question
  • Tell me what proactive activities you've performed when communicating with clients (can't recall exactly how this question was asked, but they were looking for numbers as to how many outbound calls, emails, proactive prospecting activities, etc. were done each week to be productive)   Answer Question

12 Apr 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview conducted by HR while in-person interview was with by 2 individuals (manager and another account manager). Overall time was 45 minutes. Both individuals took turns at asking me some basic questions regarding volume management, what I can offer in this new role and so forth. I did a little research on the company history prior to the interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed by phone with 2 people, one was a manager. Then interviewed in person with management and with head of the department. Had to do a mock sales situation as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mock interview where management pretended to be a customer   1 Answer

3 Aug 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Hired through referral. Two interviews by hiring manager that took over a month to get an answer. Things move slowly in this company. Culture very conservative, not creative. Interviewed Hard working team, really enjoyed my co-workers and their perspectives.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four phone interviews (HR, hiring manager, hiring manager's manager, and an individual who worked closely with my manager's team) and an in-person presentation.

Interview Questions

• The series of interviewed included typical interviewing questions (tell me about yourself, why Thomson Reuters, what interests you about the position) as well as questions related to the specific position that tested my knowledge of the industry and what my impression of the position duties was, etc. For the presentation, I was given a fairly broad scenario and asked to present on it. This presentation took place in person with several individuals in the room and several individuals conferenced in remotely.   Answer Question

22 Mar 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since 2013!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Thomson Reuters move very fast in the interview process which is good. First contact to offer was only 2 weeks. I had two interviews with the manager of the team and then the director and human resources manager. The interviews were quite good in terms of not drilling you with questions after question, it was more of a casual conversation about the role, myself and the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this position?   1 Answer

5 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward. Subject oriented. They would ask you about your work process and they would map it with their current job opening. The hint is that you understand the job responsibility before you go to the interview and talk to them around it. They would ask to demonstrate a scenario from your past company on how you handled a particular situation. This can be close to the job you have applied for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much scope as they would let you know the salary that they would pay.

25 Jan 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderabad) in July 2015.

Interview

Face to Face interview and written test

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Was emailed by a recruiter by the name of Greg Arbitman from ReCareer for Carswell that found my resume online. I went in for a face to face interview at Thomson Reuters headquarters. Greg told me he would take notes on his laptop and asked me to tell him a bit about myself. I did not see him writing much down, but there were a lot of blank stares. Told me the interview went great and that he would reach out to me in a couple days and will try his best to push my application along. Told me "great meeting" a few times as I was leaving. I wrote him a thank you note after the meeting. Two days later, nothing. I followed up later in the week, never received a response. Followed up again a couple weeks later simply telling him I was following up and to let me know of the decision even if it was not in my favour, and he still did not have the decency to respond back to me, when in fact he was the one that initially reached out to me. Extremely unprofessional/rude and reflects very poorly on Carswell, Thomson Reuters. I'd advise the management to assess how their recruiters are treating the potential candidates.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2010.

Interview

I had 3 interviews in total: initial with HR, then with my future manager, finally with the head of office.

I had no specific tests, mostly questions about my background and previous job.

Interview Questions

• Questions about selling techniques.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was rather simple. If you are interviewing for a sales position in the Moscow office, be sure read the SPIN sales book.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.