Thomson Reuters Attorney Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Attorney Editor Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

3.2

Attorney Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2017.

Interview

All interviews were conducted over the phone since this was for a remote position. Started with a screening interview with a company recruiter. Then a second interview with the managing editor who created the position and another senior associate editor. I was given a writing assignment - find a recent case and draft a legal update. One final interview that consisted of 3 parts with various attorney editors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your approach to a task was different from your co-worker/supervisor.   1 Answer

18 May 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Attorney Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the supervisor at the local Thomson Reuters office. I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me. There was not an in-person interview for this particular job.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working with a group of people or individually?   1 Answer

30 Mar 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Attorney Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with multiple members of team; had to submit a writing sample which took several hours to complete. Ultimately was told they hired someone with more legal experience in the state of hire.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

26 Feb 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign... More

Attorney Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted resume to recruiter, then had phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with employer. Phone interview was with 2 people in New York office, and lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was given names of interviewers in advance.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Mar 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. Could you please tell us why you had a negative... More

Attorney Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Three in-person interviews, plus an initial recorded canned video interview. The in-person interviews were probing but respectful. The questions were appropriate for the positions involved. The process took close to three months.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline and how you handled it (something to that effect).   1 Answer

22 Apr 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Attorney Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN (US)

Application

I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hopkins, MN (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual, juts a phone interview and then I met with an employee and interviewed over skype with two other attorneys. It was a little weird. It was an overall comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• What types of software have you used when editing documents in a group   1 Answer

28 Jul 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Attorney Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Rochester, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Within a few days I was invited to take a online interview through HireVue. A couple weeks later I had a second interview with two managers. Everyone was very friendly and I was very comfortable throughout the interview process. Even the video interview was a comfortable process. Be prepared for both interviews however, or you won't be able to answer the questions well.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with coding? Give me an example.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you solved a problem by being innovative.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not agree with your supervisor, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a failed project. Tell me about a successful one.   Answer Question

17 Nov 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Attorney Editor Interview

Interview

The interview involved questions about problem solving, how you deal with problems/people, your background and past experience with Westlaw. The interview lasted around 20 minutes. It was with a principal attorney editor and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with someone difficult and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the salary was set.

28 Jun 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Attorney Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview consisted of two parts: a one hour group interview and one hour written evaluation. Typically this is done in stages but because I came from a distance, they allowed me to perform both parts of the interview while there. The interview was pretty standard, a lot of "tell me about a time when . . ." and a couple of multi-part questions.
    During the written evaluation, candidates read a case and write summaries of the holdings on a computer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you received unfair criticism. How did you respond/what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that you are proud of?   Answer Question

6 Aug 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Attorney Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviews with several members of the group. They expect high level of familiarity with what the company is all about so highly suggest reviewing the website if possible beforehand and reading about company philosophy to legal business. Once through that, it was followed by writing test and the final step was a background check. The writing test involves being given about a week to submit a short version of one of their resources on a topic they provide.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to leave practicing law? How would you describe what Practical Law does?   Answer Question

28 Jun 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.