Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and face-to-face interview. No logic to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• It was a logic question but I cannot recall exactly what it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was not bad but expect no annual bonus if you work in Financial & Risk group.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

As an ex-Thomson employee, I was referred to this position by a former colleague. After almost a week of playing phone tag with the HR person (who was in San Francisco), we finally scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston. I am in NY. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and went pretty well since I knew some of the same people she did.

About two weeks later, I received a typical automated form email thanking me for my interest but letting me know that they would not be pursuing me as a candidate. Even though they listed NY as a viable location for this role, I believe they really wanted somebody in Boston.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff. What were you doing when you were with Thomson? Why did you leave? What exactly were you doing at your last employer? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is simple. 1st call from the HR, which was a touch base, introduction to the company. The 2nd round was a pone interview with the technical manager. Followed by an in person interview with the Manager and the Department head.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an 'aha' moment? Describe some of them and how did you work to use those ideas at work.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

Interview

I did this process through my school, and it was a very conversational style interview. It was with two people and the questions were typical behavioral questions, questions on my resume, telling me about the position, etc.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Phila, PA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Was very rigorous, they really want to make sure you are the right fit. You will be asked questions that require you to think on your feet. You will first get a phone interview. This will be followed by an in person two stage interview. Questions in both sections are very different, one is about your knowledge and one is about how you may fit into the organization.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I worked as a contractor for 6 months along with around 20 other people working as a compensation analyst. At the end of my contract I had to reapply for my position and only 5 or 6 people were hired on from the pool of contractors, the rest left.

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate.

5 Jan 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. We are disappointed to hear about your negative... More

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied for an analyst position and received an email from HR a month later to set up a phone interview with two analysts. The first interview was mostly behavioral (why Reuters, why this job, tell me about yourself, etc). Was invited to come in for a second round interview with an analyst and VP the following week. The next interview was a mix of behavioral and a case study (mostly industry/company analysis, little math). Both interviews seemed to go well, however, HR never bothered to email back with any feedback or updates which seemed unprofessional. Even after following up, there was no communication and only found out they were still recruiting for the position when it was reposted on a job site.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

2 rounds: 1. Phone screen .2. assessment case. Pretty easy. Was invited to meet for personal interview but declined as go another offer in DC. Great management, very friendly and informative

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

22 Sep 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

The Boston office (Internal Recruiter) called Regarding the Eagan MN Opening. 4 in-person interviews, background check, drug test. The process took 3 months. Almost walked away due to stalls in the process. 1st Interview was group.. 2nd was group again, then 2 individual 1:1. The delays in between were uncomfortable. They did not contact me to explain delays either. I did let them know at one point, if this continues, I will withdraw from consideration. Original interview was phone screening.. next 3 In-person with team (2 group, 2 ind). All coordinated by a local HR Recruiter. It was the recruiter that I notified that I would not continue with delays as they were.

Interview Questions

• Experience with MRP, SAP, Strengths & weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tried to walk backwards from their initial offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

There was a phone screen, followed by two in person interviews. The second interview was with 7 people and lasted 5 hours! You'd think they were interviewing for a rocket scientist! They were trying to make sure I was a good fit for their smaller team, so it makes sense.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical, non-trivial system.   1 Answer

20 Oct 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.