Thomson Reuters Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eden Prairie, MN (US)).

Interview

The process took a week and half. I received an email at 11:30pm to schedule an interview the next day so I didnt have much time to mentally prepare for the interview. The rejection email was also sent at 11:30pm. In addition to that my interviewer was also late to the interview. All in all, the experience wasn't good.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

3 Nov 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called at random times to have a spontaneous phone interview. When we finally connected, there were just a few basic questions before he scheduled me for an in person interview. The in-person interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews with four different people. All of these consisted of fairly basic questions - some interviewers clearly had not looked at my resume beforehand.
    When the offer was extended by the recruiter, he was very pushy about trying to get me to accept immediately, and was very put off when I asked for 2 days to think it over.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

10 Aug 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. . We would like to hear from you directly and encourage you to email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com so that we can assure you that this is not a typical experience with Thomson Reuters. Despite your experience, we are very happy that you have decided to join us and know that your experience moving forward will be a better one. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview and then about 1.5 hours of face to face interviews. They had quite a few questions to ask, a lot pertaining to my past experiences and how my skills and knowledge would benefit the team.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

24 Feb 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC You can also sync your LinkedIn profile and see which jobs match your profile. Thanks again for the feedback.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

More of them are behavior questions. I interview by one manager one VP one team member, went through experience and resume. Excel skills will be a plus. Hyperion and SAP will be a must.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Dec 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Interviewer was silent in between questions which made it really difficult to continue talking or gauge how long of an answer she was looking for. It seemed like they were looking for candidates with a good amount of prior experience and/or an MBA. This is definitely not the place to apply for a first internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the 2008 financial crisis.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Very professional interview process,and very well-spoken history of success in their industry, The whole interview process involved not only my direct-report manager, but also the segments we would be supporting, as well as 2 in senior management.

Interview Questions

• When did you turn around a process that was previously a challenge to the company? What steps and thought processes did you take to make that happen?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very cut-to-the chase - didn't negotiate back & forth. Salary was a take-it-or leave it offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website. Heard back within a week and they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back and I listened more than I did the talking. They wanted to tell me about the position and how it was different from their typical roles on their FP&A team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did in your previous role?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Employee referral followed by an e-mail from a recruiter requesting my resume. I sent my resume to the recruiter who then followed up with a phone call to ask for basic information like which division and function did I want to intern in as well as what city. He briefly told me about the program and the standard compensation. The recruiter then forwarded my information to a manager in my desired division/function/city and scheduled a time for me to conduct a phone interview with him. My phone interview was very informal and I was later told that it was just a formality required by the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process was took too long and nearly 1000 PPL came for an interview,2 rounds first round was apptitude it was very easy and second round was hr and technical round together I waited till evening 8 to fnsh my second round nd I did well both in first round and second round they told they will let me know via email if I'm selected but till date I dint get any mail r call

Interview Questions

• About basic' accounts and finance related questions and more of case study   Answer Question
    • Why they shld hire me and y Thomson Reuters   Answer Question

20 Jul 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Went for an interview as I heard much about this company and the culture. Only one interviewer turned up out of the two. She started reading question from a sheet and writing as I answered. She was clearly inexperienced and had no idea what she was doing. She had 6 competency based questions and was reading them out one by one. The only additional conversation was about how she just got promoted. From a company this size you may expect a bit more experienced individuals at that level or you think if its worth it in the long run, apart from just a company name on a cv so you can progress in the future. Process clearly showed accepting a job under someone like that would not be beneficial in the long run. At minimum a company this size should look at what a person can bring rather than just leaving unprepared individuals to conduct interviews who clearly have no idea what they are doing. Sometimes its better not to go for a role when you can clearly see that you have more experience than the person recruiting you will not learn.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you made a mistake? How would you go on about it?   Answer Question

8 Sep 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.