Thomson Reuters Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website. Heard back within a week and they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back and I listened more than I did the talking. They wanted to tell me about the position and how it was different from their typical roles on their FP&A team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Employee referral followed by an e-mail from a recruiter requesting my resume. I sent my resume to the recruiter who then followed up with a phone call to ask for basic information like which division and function did I want to intern in as well as what city. He briefly told me about the program and the standard compensation. The recruiter then forwarded my information to a manager in my desired division/function/city and scheduled a time for me to conduct a phone interview with him. My phone interview was very informal and I was later told that it was just a formality required by the hiring process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Very professional interview process,and very well-spoken history of success in their industry, The whole interview process involved not only my direct-report manager, but also the segments we would be supporting, as well as 2 in senior management.

Interview Questions

• When did you turn around a process that was previously a challenge to the company? What steps and thought processes did you take to make that happen?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very cut-to-the chase - didn't negotiate back & forth. Salary was a take-it-or leave it offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Interviewer was silent in between questions which made it really difficult to continue talking or gauge how long of an answer she was looking for. It seemed like they were looking for candidates with a good amount of prior experience and/or an MBA. This is definitely not the place to apply for a first internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the 2008 financial crisis.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

More of them are behavior questions. I interview by one manager one VP one team member, went through experience and resume. Excel skills will be a plus. Hyperion and SAP will be a must.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Dec 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview and then about 1.5 hours of face to face interviews. They had quite a few questions to ask, a lot pertaining to my past experiences and how my skills and knowledge would benefit the team.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

24 Feb 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eden Prairie, MN (US)).

Interview

The process took a week and half. I received an email at 11:30pm to schedule an interview the next day so I didnt have much time to mentally prepare for the interview. The rejection email was also sent at 11:30pm. In addition to that my interviewer was also late to the interview. All in all, the experience wasn't good.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

3 Nov 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called at random times to have a spontaneous phone interview. When we finally connected, there were just a few basic questions before he scheduled me for an in person interview. The in-person interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews with four different people. All of these consisted of fairly basic questions - some interviewers clearly had not looked at my resume beforehand.
    When the offer was extended by the recruiter, he was very pushy about trying to get me to accept immediately, and was very put off when I asked for 2 days to think it over.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

10 Aug 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. . We would like to hear from you directly and encourage... More

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru).

Interview

First round was aptitude test and second round was technical round.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru).

Interview

Typically 1-2 rounds. Questions center around capital markets and situation based questions.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.