Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Hong Kong | Glassdoor.co.in

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got on a phone interview w/ a HR screener in 2-3 days. Then i was scheduled to go in for an interview with the hiring manager. Despite being told i will know the results in two weeks and be placed in their talent pool - I never heard back from this company again, even when i emailed the HR person who scheduled the interview to follow up .

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

19 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Got a sheet to debug some c++ program. Not very tricky. After that was a brief talk about the experience. Just be straight forward and every thing wll be fine.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

10 May 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2011.

Interview

Reuters Hong Kong is hiring a project based web application design lead with C++ skills - firm's office is nice, located at Tai Koo Cityplaza 3, occupying three full floors with tightly packed seats, and the development group in Hong Kong has roughly 200 heads, the interview manager told.

The overall image of the hiring is negative - regarding the hiring process. Vacancy posted via staff agencies, the development manager couldn't come up even with both a written job description and a vacancy title even after I was interviewed. Form filling is still required amid my resume is preliminary reviewed by line manager.

A 10 minutes 1:1 interview with a development manager which consists of mostly basic technical questions:

1) Which SQL Server you started using?
    2) Do you have experiences on creating database applications from scratch?
    3) Do you have experiences on database performance tuning? How do you tune database performance?
    4) Do you have experiences and how do you do unit test, stress test?
    5) Do you know C++?

The line manager doesn't seem to be interested in answers to technical questions.
    No further questions were raised based on answers.
    No indication of how interviewer feels regarding the answers.
    No discussion on proposed expected salary.

He then spent less than 2 minutes explaining the role, projects and position info as follows:
    1 Year contract, project based position (renewable depends on budget - ie. whether there are still projects), leading a team of 4-5 developers.
    1) Realtime Market Data Services for Internal Editoral Group
    2) Infrastructure Management Web - alert system that aggregate and compile failures reports in production servers

The manager simply wasn't keen on the hire. Insider reports that the manager believes projects are over by the time hiring can be done.

My real question that weren't asked to Reuters was:
    If you have a team of 5 developers worked on the project for 2 to 3 years - Why are you hiring an external design lead??? I feel those projects smell bad...

Interview Questions

• Do you have experiences on database performance tuning? How do you tune database performance?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2010.

Interview

They called me up and asked me a bit about myself, why i wanted to work for reuters and what fields i am interested in. They then asked me about my past experience with conducting marketing research. Lastly, they asked me if i was available to work part time as well and whetehr I can work in Hong KOng.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

cv submission first , later a small group interview, eventually one onsite interview in the office, which was conducted by the bureau chief . The interview process was quite quick and easy, people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• why reuters, what market you follow, what's your view on property market
      how do you expect rmb will go, what kind of stories you prefer to do   Answer Question

19 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter on Linkedin. He called me and told me to complete the application online. I received a face to face interview invitation a couple days later. The interview was okay. The interviewer asked a lot of questions regarding my backgrounds and asked me what would I do if the clients are not satisfied with the service. But the interviewer didn't ask why I want to work in Thomson Reuters etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the clients are not satisfied with our service or products?   Answer Question

28 Dec 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which... More

Business Graduate Program Interview

Application

Interview

basically it has 4-5 rounds, first round is online application and some competency questions. second round shud be the phone interview from the hr. its not reli hard but u hv to be well prepared on the background of the company. third round shud be the on-site interview, asking you walk thru the cv and some scenarios questions.

Graduate Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Interview

I applied as an overseas candidate, and was arranged to a telephone screening. The interview I had was outsourced to a UK based company, and not directly with Thomson Reuters. The interview was nice but seemed rushed, I was told that there were many international applicants.
    I thought I did well on the telephone screening, but have yet to hear back from Reuters. Their process seems very long, and it's been well over three months since my application online.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the blue. quite predictable.
      walking through CV, describing the company.   Answer Question

(News Reporter) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2010.

Interview

Standard application process followed by a phone call to arrange an interview time. My interview was in the communal kitchen (while it was quiet), and was very much casually-focussed, they were not aiming for an intense showdown.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.