Thomson Reuters Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview to establish I was human and sane. Then was brought it to go over my employment history and do a mock sales presentation in front of a sales manager and top performing sales person.

Interview Questions

• Look at this firm's website, how would you go about this conversation?   Answer Question

19 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long and time consuming. They made me come up with a Business Case on a new customer that isn't currently selling on Amazon. I believe I was over qualified, BUT THEY WON'T TELL YOU WHY YOU DIDN'T GET THE JOB?

Interview Questions

• Let me a time when..... What was your worst mistake and how did you overcome.... When did you go against your boss.....   Answer Question

12 Jan 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the recruiter involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me almost immediately after submitting my application to set up a phone interview. Ultimately, I did 2 phone interviews, then an in-person interview, then a final phone interview before being offered the job. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Dec 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very warm, comfortable. The HR recruiter was unaware that I had been interviewed before (and not hired) and felt she had not done her homework. It was about a ten minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

28 Apr 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://jobs.thomsonreuters.com/ You can also sync your LinkedIn profile and see which jobs match your profile. Thanks again for the feedback.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (East Lansing, MI (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

A very conversational interview, first on campus then on location in Ann Arbor. The interview was one on one, after a career fair, but there was an option to do a phone interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions, times when I have been wrong, or were resistant to change.   1 Answer

20 Oct 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and feedback on your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Start with phone interview, basic work experiences. In person interview with a manager. Behavioral and role play. Role play can be difficult if you do not have sales experience. Be prepared for road blocks.

Interview Questions

• What type of work culture fits you best.   1 Answer

4 May 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

First there was an over the phone interview with a recruiter. Then there was an in person interview with a sales manager and well performing sales person where I was asked about my experience, and asked to do a sales skit. You have up to a week after the phone interview to prepare for the sales skit with the materials given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you overcame a challenge. Tell me about a time that you had to achieve a goal. Sell me these books.   1 Answer

16 Aug 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since July 2015!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, two phone interviews, then face to face, notice of intent of offer after face to face, however took over a month to get offer approved. Started after several weeks. Study company products, history and organizational information. Helpful to understand the company and its many products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate salary

22 Sep 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

See their ad posted every month they seem to be hiring? Phone screen by recruiter, f2f with managers, phone role play. Managers had scripted questions and was told I may be asked to call back for a phone sales role play they emailed me an outline and some products and called me back.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you,.....sales process questions   Answer Question

Looked like a churn and burn

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I found the listing on glassdoor and applied through the Thomson Reuters website on a Tuesday morning. I received an email within about an hour requesting a pre-screen phone interview, which we set up for the next day. The phone interview consisted of very typical questions and a summary of the role with one of their Talent Acquisition Specialists. At the end of the phone interview, we scheduled an in-person interview for Friday afternoon. The interview lasted about an hour. It was a behavioral interview with two of the sales managers. Pretty standard questions. Monday morning I received a call that they wanted to set up a second Role Play interview. We set up the interview for Wednesday afternoon and I was given some information about the products and scenarios to study. After the role play, where I carried out a sales call with of the hiring managers, they had me assess myself and we went over any final questions. I received a call the next morning just before 8am letting me know they wanted to make an offer. The process was very quick and easy, although I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview and role play, so it might be more difficult if not properly prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were creative in order to make your quota. What do you like most/least about sales?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.