Thomson Reuters Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.5

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)).

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me to schedule an initial phone call a few days later. The night before the call the recruiter sent a questionnaire to fill out regarding my experience/projects. I did not have time to complete this on short notice and offered to complete it by the next day. This apparently upset the HR person who was abrasive and condescending on the phone. She grilled me with various generic questions for a few minutes before ending the call without bothering to ask about my experience related to the role. Received a rejection email a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Thompson Reuters does   1 Answer

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will follow up on this. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2020.

Interview

The company came to my career and I then applied online. After a few weeks, they reached back and wanted to setup a phone interview. I did not hear back after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract data type and interface in Java?   Answer Question
    • How would you code a program that detects if a letter was used more than once in a string?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about Thomsen Reuters?   Answer Question

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience! If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions that match your experience and skills through our Talent Community at tr.com/careers. Thanks again for the feedback.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Brief interview, first 10 mins or so was behavioral, then they asked some technical questions, then asked if I had any questions. Overall was only about thirty minutes, not really any coding questions, more of theoretical questions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen in which they asked about my resume as well as some basic coding questions. The second interview was at their campus, and they again went over my resume and asked slightly more difficult technical questions. After the second interview they said they would update me in two weeks. I reached out to them three different times and never heard back with a response.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Jan 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at human.resources@tr.com with relevant details. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview! it was casual, some technical questions, mostly behavioral. The interviewer made it comfortable and was very kind. the technical questions weren't too hard, they were more on the algorithmic side.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

22 Apr 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC. Thanks again for the feedback.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ames, IA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Had a 30 minute behavioral interview that was easy. When I was contacted about an on site interview, I told the recruiter that I did not have a form of transportation to the interview (3.5 hour drive away from me) they basically told me that I could not interview with them then. Along with that they also do not reimburse you for travel to the on site interview. They clearly do not have a non-flexible environment. They do not do much for students.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a team experience that did not go well   Answer Question

27 Sep 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Couple of interviews, mostly Non-Technical, behavioral and high-level customer service. Be familiar with new technology. For the most part, not too difficult if you get an interview. Knowing about machine learning, artificial intelligence helps.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

12 Jul 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad that you enjoyed your internship and hope that you'll consider a full-time career with us upon graduation. If you aren't already signed up, we encourage you to join our Talent Community and stay in touch: http://adtrk.tw/1fGZm

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Spoke on the phone for about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer asked me irrelevant questions, such as: can you tell anything about Thomson Reuter's revenue? He also started the interview off by saying they do not pay for interns to come to the office, and all expenses are on the interviewee even though apparently they have billions in revenue. Interviewer was also quite rude and sounded a bit pretentious, going on and on about how they only hire the best. Company culture was clearly not a fit.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

22 Feb 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to expectations. Please email us at human.resources@tr.com with relevant details. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a webex of general questions. They asked me what classes I have taken. What I have learned in them? What classes I still have to take? If I have ever worked on a group project ? Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

10 Aug 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Rochester, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was short, there was only 1 interview step after receiving a phone call to set up a meeting. It was a group setting with one or two people from each tech team and they all asked me general behavior and technical questions to gauge my skills. They also asked me to do some white board coding.

Interview Questions

• Whats the different between finally, final, and finalize?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.