Thomson Reuters Lead Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Lead Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.8

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

It's not tedious and at the same time it's not that easy. Concentrated more on the technical stuffs as well managerial aspects. I was able to answer 85% of the questions.

Interview Questions

• High level architecture of the current project I worked on and what exactly you solved over there for better performance?   Answer Question

25 Mar 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Addison, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Multiple skills questions and test. Multiple developer conversations. Subjects ranging from across-the-board front-end development. A skills test that involved me getting data from an active api (open weather or something) and display the data on a web page in something like plunker.

Interview Questions

• The CSS section was the most difficult for me, but that may not be true for everyone. :)   Answer Question

12 Jan 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2015.

Interview

First was a phone screening and after that they called me for on site interview. There were 5 round of interview for almost all the member of teams. Was little long with multiple rounds

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Got response immediately after applying through linked in. First telephonic interview scheduled the next day. After the interview there's no update. When I called, I was told that I was selected but put on hold until two other candidates are called for in person interview. So far no updates despite multiple calls/emails.

Interview Questions

• About current project, some questions on spring, oracle and an algorithm for printing Fibonacci series   1 Answer

6 Aug 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Feel free to circle back with the recruiter and/or hiring manager for an update on status. We continually strive to keep everyone updated on status throughout the application and interview process.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bingham Farms, MI (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

One of the poorest screening processes I have ever seen. 30 minute technical interview via phone. 30 minute onsite interview with hiring manager. Retrospectively, it should have been a huge red flag.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever led a team of software developers.   1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Received message scheduling a Phone interview but never received the call. I called the recruiter back - no answer - so I left a message. Never received a callback.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Sequential team interview. I was passed from area to area within my prospective group and was asked different sets of questions pertinent to each area---database, change management, software and product development. I also interviewed with my prospective supervisor and his boss, as well as with the personnel manager. At the end of the sequence, I returned to my boss's office to conclude the interview.

Interview Questions

• A technical programming question having to do with scaling a large search using a hashed array.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had asked for, as it turned out, somewhat under the going rate, and I was immediately given what I had asked for.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2020.

Interview

Interview process was clear but with no feedback. I was interviewed by a rookie and he was more interested in pretending to be a product owner rather than being a pair developer in code pair. He didn't set any expectation and said let's start the implementation and change it later, which I followed and was able to make code what was working and as per requirement. I am now imagining that his expectation was that I ask all questions upfront rather than asking questions when developing. I asked for feedback or reason for not moving forward, but did not get any. Not going forward is good for me as I would not have appreciated colleagues who would like to work in silo's instead of collaborating and being communicative.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangkok (Thailand)) in September 2019.

Interview

Multiple round interview (HR Phone Interview > Team Phone Interview > Face to face Interview > 1 Online Interview). Overall good co-ordination in interview arrangement. The interview well covered relevance past experience, interpersonal skills and Technical skills.
    HR and team was respectful and polite, wiling to answer all questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, nature of work I like, some technical questions, how do I handle different situations, etc.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Interview process was good with HR performing the initial screening. Only after that it went to Technical and continued with salary negotiations. The HR was good at providing all information about the job profile.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your current profile.
      Q: How do you keep yourself updated with latest news.
      Q: Challenges faced
      Q: What can you do to improvise the current implementation   Answer Question

25 Jun 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.