Thomson Reuters Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

3.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied in mid-October. Had an initial screen with HR about 2 weeks later. Invited for a in-person interview in early December.

The 2 interviewers were 15 minutes late. The interview consisted of a technical skills test comprised of several case studies. They wanted to know what strategy I would use for different clients. Gave them the benefit of the doubt for being late and I left with an overall good impression of the interviewing managers. They seemed to know their stuff.

2 weeks later I was invited back for a 2nd interview with a different manager who would have been my direct superior. He was also late for the interview and seemed unprepared and disinterested in the interview. His communication style was awkward and he simply read off a script. Had a hard time picturing myself working for him.

Was told they were looking to move quickly and would have an answer by the end of that week (mid December). After hearing nothing I figured I didn't get the position. Finally in mid January I got an email from HR (the third HR rep that had communicated with me about the position) saying the hiring manager had decided to go with another candidate. But from how long the process was (3 months), how disorganized it was, and interviewers being late I think I dodged a bullet

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

31 Jan 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will follow up on this. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had a lot of interviews. I think I had 7 interviews with various people in different business units. It took them about 3 months to make a decision. Pretty typical

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

25 Oct 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Long. The HR team was extremely professional. Everyone I spoke with at the company was very knowledgeable, intelligent and driven. Overall, the company was impressive, but the length of time from first interview to resolution was 4 months!

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Sep 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC. Thanks again for the feedback.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

TR uses the new pre-recorded video interview process for screening through Hirevue. The questions are recorded and played by video; your response is then recorded (1-take only). If successful, you'll be invited onsite for more interviews. Here's some insight on what to expect. I'd also add, lighting and setup is important - take advantage of the practice questions to get this right as well.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

22 Mar 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Richfield, MN (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and convinced that I would be a good fit for the company. I took the time to go to two interviews with 5 people during which I was told they "loved" my answers and was one of two candidates for the position but they "couldn't imagine" anyone being more qualified. I explicitly asked how long it would be to hear a response either way and was told one week. During that time, I was obviously expecting an offer and didn't even receive a call/email back. I also called the recruiter (no answer or call back -big surprise). I found it incredibly rude and inconsiderate for them to recruit someone who hadn't even applied for the position to take days off their current job to attend two interviews then not have the decency to even call back. Although everyone was very nice, they created an unrealistic expectation that I would be hired unlike any other employer I have interviewed at.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

10 Apr 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Marketing Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews then a video interview then another phone interview and finally an in-person interview. Didn't hear back for 2 months. Received an automated email saying I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

3 Feb 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the recruiter involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

A brief phone interview with a Manager in the Marketing Department. I was asked questions ranging from my skills to knowledge of different softwares. I was then asked for my availability and what I wanted to get out of the position. I was then thanked for my application, and told I would be gotten back to. However, I was never replied to.

Interview Questions

• What is something you hope to get out of this position?   Answer Question

18 Jan 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Marketing Manager, with a bunch of behavioral questions. She also asked about my experience with excel, numbers and analysis programs. I was asked within an hour after the phone interview to come in the following day at the Eagan Campus. The Marketing manager greeted me the following day and lead me to the Senior Director of Strategy. He interviewed me for 45 mins and then gave me 2 case studies. After him, I was taken to a Senior Marketing Analyst for a next interview. (Also 45 mins). I ended the day with a 3rd interview with teh Marketing Manager,

I found out I got the job 4 days after. (They said they were interviewing a few other candidates over the next couple of days) I didn't get the paper offer until 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How many apples did Supermarkets sell in Minnesota last year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

8 Jul 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback on the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Marketer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet for 60mins with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then invited me to return and meet with three more people on her team individually for 30mins each. Following that, I had a phone interview with the team's director. The entire process lasted about three weeks.

After the phone interview with the director, HR called me a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interviews were conversational, asking me about my work experience. The most memorable questions was "tell me about a goal that you recently achieved."   Answer Question

Negotiation

When HR called to offer me the position, they told me the salary offer which I negotiated for a higher salary offer. I told HR how much I expected to make, they told me they had to check to see what they could do, and they called me back a few hours later with a higher salary offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

5 interviews over 2 months only to find out I did not get the job the day after I was supposed to hear back....by seeing the position listed on Indeed again. What a waste of time and energy. Thanks for jerking me around. I expected more.

Interview Questions

• There werent any. The same 5 people asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.