Thomson Reuters Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Sales Representative Interview Questions

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dexter, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dexter, MI (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Three interviews with managers, phone interview and meeting with the VP. You speak with HR a few times and they are pretty nice- asking you back ground questions and fielding out your personality. They pretty much farm for a type of person that fits their eco-structure. You are given personality tests as well to help them graft you to a manager and their coaching/management style.

Interview Questions

• Each of the interviews are an hour long, back to back and then a meeting with the VP.. it's mentally exhausting because they run you through scenarios and ask a lot of situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

There was a multi-interview process, including both phone and in-person interviews. Initial interview was conducted by phone with an HR employee, leading to a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that meeting, we scheduled an onsite meeting to discuss the position more in-depth. That meeting went well and from there, we scheduled a meeting with another long-term employee in the same position for which I was applying.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Start with a recruiter and then manager by phone. Recruiter asks simple, routine questions to qualify you for the next step. Phone interview by hiring manager was informal and routine. Process seemed to move at an expected speed and a live interview was scheduled. Live interview was cancelled with no explanation. I have heard from others that this is not uncommon for West and that the often restructure mid-stream. No explanation was offered, even when politely requested.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They outsource initial phone interview to recruitment agency. Very standard question for every single person. Questions like what kind of product they sell? Why do you think you would be a good fit to the position? etc. But they do not provide working visa sponsor to foreigners, which I think is the main reason why I failed it.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied online and received phone call for interview. Had initial interview with HR representative with basic "why do you want to work here/tell me about yourself" questions. Next, there's a mock sales call with a current sales rep to test phone/selling skills. Following this, was offered an on-site interview which is a 4 hour process to meet with various sales managers and get an understanding of the job. Sales manager questions were fairly straight-forward, "explain a situation in which you had to work with others on a difficult task/explain how you were a leader when faced with adversity, etc." Received a call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember the most difficult question. Not a terribly difficult interview process, but not a cakewalk either. Understand SPIN selling technique and be able to apply it to prior sales situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. All reps start with same salary/benefits.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very similar to most large organizations. I received a call from a recruiter, who asked why I was interested in the position. What my work history consisted of, along with my education level. I then went in for a face to face interview, waited about 10 days and was called back for a second interview with the VP. I was offered the position at the second meeting and accepted. As a whole, I thought the process was conducted very well, and I felt I was treated very fairly.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked was, why had I never stayed with a company for more than 5 years? After I explained the reasons behind my moves, they were satisfied with the explanation. Although, it did come up again at my final meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I was informed that there is a range that they're able to offer. I naturally pushed for the top end of the range, and I was given the highest pay within their structure.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

We were acquired..Original business was LawInfo -I met the managers during a job fair and had the job before I left. After the job fair I was invited to come in and had a further discussion about the position and what the responsibilities were. I was offered the position that day.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I felt about selling to attorneys?   1 Answer

Thomson Reuters Response

28 Apr 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since 2012.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Met a representative from HR at a job fair. She passed my resume to a recruiter in Texas who then called me a couple days later. After our initial half-hour conversation, he asked if I was available later for an interview with the on-site managers over the phone. After completing the second phone interview I was asked to come in for a face-to-face a few days later. I interviewed with three managers. They all talked about diversity. Then, during one of the interviews one of the managers made a social slur about a generation of workers. I thought that was a little odd. I was asked to come back for a third interview a couple days later to give a live demonstration of their product which I had no prior training or inside knowledge of. They all seem to be very impressed. However, that was the last I heard from them after sending thank-you follow-ups. The least this company could do is tell me that they filled the position. But they couldn't extend the courtesy at all.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

17 Nov 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2009.

Interview

Called it marketing position, but really a sales job

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.