Thomson Reuters Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and received an email offer to complete an online assessment on Monday or Tuesday. Practice first! It was a problem solving assessment. A bunch of miscellaneous questions, some involving math/puzzles. Testing your basic level of problem solving. Not difficult at all but practice so that you know what to expect.

I submitted that and after a day or 2 they responded requesting me to complete a digital interview. Basically you record yourself answering 5 basic questions on your webcam or camera phone. You also watch a couple of videos where someone is giving you information about the company. Basic Customer Service questions are asked. There might have been a question where they want you to sum up one of the policies that they explained in the video.

After that, a day or two later I was called and invited to come in for a 3 hour site visit/interview. They gave me an option for the following day or 2 days later. They moved pretty quickly. This visit consisted of a tour, shadowing someone already in the role, a mock customer support phone call, AND THEN the actual interview. Basic behavioral-scenario-give me an example of a time when you- questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond for a customer. Another good one is walk me through how you would help troubleshoot a printed - over the phone.   1 Answer

6 Jan 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First a video interview , next a cognitive assessment test followed by a brief phone interview. An in person interview was offered at the end of the phone interview (which I would probably refer to as more of a phone screen).

Interview Questions

• The phone screen included a role play scenario where I had to walk through a technical support call in scenario. In person interview consisted of basic STAR format questions.   Answer Question

27 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Did an online assessment. Called in for an interview after an email for me was misplaced a week before. Good facilities but Human Resources who interview you make you feel very uncomfortable and for time ever made my skin color seem like a reason I wouldn't fit. Overall good company if you're white or black cause I didn't notice much of a mix people other than that.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

28 Jul 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process at first was really quick. A recruiter called me and set up another interview with the Senior Product Manager the following day for the position. The interview went well and quick, probably 10 minutes. The Senior Product Manager then sheduled me for a face to face interview the following week. I had to make a follow up with the schedule from Friday to Monday. The person who scheduled it sent me an email Tuesday, a day before the final interview. The next interview process was tough. Three indivuals interviewed me. First the ateam Lead, thenthe Product Manager and kastly the Senior Product Manager. All 3 interviews lasted for almost 30 minutes each except for the last one. All 3 interviewers have the same sets of questions but luckily some of which were not asked to me. There were at least 2 same questions asked to me. After the interview I was asked to answer a short quiz about technical stuff. I was told that it will take another week for the team to decide and let me know of the result. The process took 3 weeks. I had to send 2 follow up emails to the recruiter regarding the application result until an email was sent to me that I did not make it. I really wish they just did a panel interview next time for other applicants. It will benefit them all. Less painful and traumatic if you did not make the cut even for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral. Scenarios based from previous work experience   1 Answer

9 Aug 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC. Thanks again for the feedback.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2017.

Interview

You are given a tour of the building, you job shadow someone that currently holds your position then you are interviewed by S.T.A.R. questions. You are typically interviewed by a team of 2 team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you attempted to make a change and received negative feedback, how did you react and what was the ultimate outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

Interview process was quick and relatively painless. Recruiter contacted me after I submitted my application and wanted me to come in for an interview the following week. Before my interview, I had to complete a 8-12 hour course and get certified. The course was free and went over customer service, diagnosing, technical support and managing day to day activities. I was able to complete in about 8 hours and afterwards a time was set up for my interview. The interview took about 3 hours and included a tour of the facilities, job shadowing, cognitive assessment, and finally a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult client. What was the issue and how did you help resolve it?   Answer Question

18 May 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

Applied 3 weeks ago. Got a Video Interview. Then got a phone call interview asking technical questions, then if after got called in for in person interview. They will show you the work culture at the firm. Will ask you to shadow a full time employee for around 30 minutes then another interview.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were simple, basic customer service questions. Ex: How did you handle a situation that involved an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

24 Feb 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

STAR format, as long as you can prepare for the common star format interview questions you will do just fine. Make sure you can explain how to resolve a basic technical issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....   1 Answer

28 Dec 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX (US)).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. First there was a general interview with the department manager, and then a technical focused interview second with the technical team lead.After those the background check was ran and when that came back ok, an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

3 Apr 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters and for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome aboard!

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

Initial call by a recruiter. Then an interview with HR over the phone. Then an in person interview with two managers that included a tour and a job shadow. I was given info about the job, the people and the perks of employment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.