ThoughtWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ThoughtWorks Interview Questions

Interviews at ThoughtWorks

3.4

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I feel they got to know many different parts of me in the experience - from my technical to my personality. It was a good interview experience where I got to learn about pair programming.

Interview Questions

• They ask about social and economic justice.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth. Focus on the core values of Thoughtworks. Also have a grasp the basic of requirements for the role you're applying for . Just preparing as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the perfect candidate for this role?   1 Answer

People Operations Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

My first interview was with the Team Lead and I was instantly blown away by her answers about the company and position, and the overall culture of the company. My second interview was panel style with the rest of the team. They were amazing to chat with and I definitely felt like it was a great fit for me.

Interview Questions

• knowledge/experience with Human Resources, knowledge of different programs I've used in the past, how I handle difficult conversations with employees, level of patience, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager, Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

For me the entire process until offer was made was about 10 weeks. This was partially due to winter holidays, but I anticipate the average interview process is still a few weeks long. There are 6 rounds:

1. Recruiter
    2. Leadership
    3. Case Study
    4. Social Justice
    5. Non-Technical
    6. Technical

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you list an example of a process that was implemented, and failed?

2. How have I handled missed deadlines from the team?

3. How is risk managed in a project? List example   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed a personality test/cognitive test. Once I passed those I had an interview with a recruiter who unfortunately had English as a second language with a very heavy accent. I'm not sure if she had trouble understanding my responses but the interview went well in my opinion, though she could not pronounce my name properly.

After a few days I received a response saying that they are not moving me forward due to lack of experience. That is funny because the role I interviewed for called for 7+ years of experience and I have over 20, and come from a more senior level role with greater responsibilities than what this role required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience leading growth in a technical environment.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I would say don’t bother wasting your time doing their ridiculous coding challenges or interviewing for the positions. After I passed the coding challenge, I had a “talk” with a recruiter and was told my code was of quality and was then asked standard interview questions. I then got a cold rejection email from an automated email not a personal message from the recruiter. The rejection message was 3 sentences long with no explanation as for the reason of rejection. Most people seem to be rejected so please don’t bother spending time and energy on their long coding challenges and interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online and after about a month,received an email to submit a coding challenge. They offered two problems and I had to choose one. I was given about ten days to complete the assignment. After a few days, I received an email for a phone interview to discuss the job, my coding challenge and a little about my resume. After that, the next step is an onsite interview at one of their offices if everything goes well during the phone interview and the feedback on the coding challenge was positive.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I had 3 rounds total- 2 behavioral and 1 technical. One behavioral was in person and the other was over the phone. The technical is like a case simulation.

Interview Questions

• given a case and you have to figure out the requirements   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Interview

They dedicate an entire section of the interview to empowering women, which is great. Only problem is they automatically start from a place of assuming you are a villain if you are a white male before you even get to speak. One of the interviewers had a major attitude and was completely rude. It was like a white male attack session. I brought it up later to others in the interview process but they acted like it just didn't happen. So turned off by this company.

Interview Questions

ThoughtWorks Response

30 Sep 2019 – ThoughtWorker

Thanks for your feedback--I appreciate it. We’re a feedback-driven culture, so your input will help us continue to improve the interview process. We genuinely believe in making this an inclusive space for everyone and I'm sorry you did not have a pleasant experience. If you're willing, we would like the opportunity to look into the situation. If you feel comfortable sharing your details, you could email me at darshana@thoughtworks.com. With thanks, Darshana

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had interview with girl which work in HR.
    She said that only employ Thai people which is incredible discrimination and that is reason because can not go forward for interviews with me.
    The one of worst interviews which had in life.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.