ThoughtWorks Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 966 of over 966 interviews

Recruiter14%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

ThoughtWorks

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ThoughtWorks

Interview

Interviewed at Thailand office & it consists of 3 round. The 1st round is about completing a task in their given project of ur preferred language. They judge both technical & analytics skills of the candidate. The 2nd round is about asking past experiences. They asked lots of technical questions (mostly how, what if, why) based on candidate answer. 3rd round is about asking personality questions to determine that candidate fits with ThoughtWorks or not.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experiences about the task driven development?
    Answer Question

ThoughtWorks

Application

I interviewed at ThoughtWorks

Interview

Interviewed 2 years back and this was the process Few rounds: 1) Take home coding 2) Pairing round on the assignment, with enhancement questions 3) Technical Assessment 4) Cultural interview Now the format could have changed, with 1) an initial online assessment (multiple choice questions and some coding questions) 2) Technical round 3) Presentation round

Interview Questions
  • What was one challenging obstacle which you experienced and how did you manage to overcome it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (New Delhi) in Jun 2021

Interview

1st-HR Call :Hr was very professional and supportive she explained all about interview process and profile related information. 2nd-code pairing round : Interviewer was very supportive professional .He asked me to refactor one already implemented code , He was observing every tiny details each point that i was pointing out about the bad code , finally he asked me to implement that i earlier explained. I was able to clear this round . 3rd-Technical Interview: number of interviewers was 2 , one of them was very unprofessional he was not even listening my explanation, In middle of interview he just goes away without saying anything. I was interviewed for around 1 hour 40 min . I was preparing for interview for a week ,along with my company work still got rejected. Bad experience .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ThoughtWorks

Application

I interviewed at ThoughtWorks

Interview

Online programming test over video conference and need to share your screen for problem solving like reverse string, check ascending or descending numbers check palindrome. It is online test and ask to program online front of interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • Program for problem solving using any programming language and ask you to write code in front of interviewer.
1 person found this interview helpful

ThoughtWorks

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for catch up, had paired programming interview and technical interview so far. Waiting for cultural interview before they will give an offer. Process covers different professional aspects such as collaborative ability and communication skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL) in May 2021

Interview

4 rounds - 1. Recruiter call and screening (~45 min) - This was much longer than some other recruiter calls. Began with discussing background, availability etc. Then a lot of behavioral questions and past experiences. 2. Pair programming (90 min) - They'll give you repository link to a project in the language of your choice. You're expected to set it up in your favorite IDE and understand how it works. Nothing crazy, it's a very simple web application. Search online for JOI energy TW and you should be able to find it (this might change in the future). Since it's your favorite IDE, make sure you're able to navigate the code seamlessly and know the shortcuts, kepmaps etc. They love it. Also, it won't go well if you don't have something working and they have to spend interview time to help you with setup. During the interview, they'll pull up a Trello story board and you get to choose which story you want to implement. The stories have scope (either in form of story points or T-shirt sizes). Pick up the easiest one (no judgement there). You'll not be based on completion but rather the approach. Heavy emphasis on TDD (read it up). Even if you haven't used it, they'll push for it. Bonus points if you already know it and can implement it to begin with. Other simple things to keep in mind; no duplication, meaningful method names, no long methods/classes, properly writing test cases for all scenarios, you don't need to implement design patterns but mention a few if you get opportunity to. It will show you know about those. Even better if you're able implement one or two simple ones (I implemented singleton). Simplicity goes a long way in this interview. 3. Technical interview - 1 hr 4. Leadership interview - 1 hr So, these are supposed to be two separate rounds, but they had some kind of a 'Fantastic Friday event' going on, based on which they were clubbing these 2 together into a single 1 hr interview (15 min behavioral, 45 min technical) aimed at reducing the interview process time for a few potential candidates. So it helps to do really well and communicate properly on pair programming round. This is something experimental and could change in the future. Even you get these 2 as separate rounds, they're pretty relaxed and won't contain any crazy programming challenges. The focus is on your past experiences and projects, and asking how you'd tackle some real life situational technical challenges. It'll help immensely to know your projects well. ThoughtWorks is infamous for lengthy interview process. But it's good to see that they've narrowed it down to just 4 rounds instead of 6-7 as a few reviews here suggest. The Fantastic Friday event reduced it even further to just 3 rounds for me and the quick turnaround was a huge factor in me accepting the offer (since I was actively searching and had multiple offers). Overall a very positive experience. All interviewers and very relaxed and make you feel at ease; zero stress. Also it's very refreshing to see that there is a lot of transparency between rounds and you get exact feedback of each round; something they should be commended for. I'll highly recommend their interview process, regardless of whether or not you get selected and whether or not you decide to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Enhancement to web application - Provide a service to fetch statistics for an energy meter, of last week
  • Discussions on previous/current projects. The focus is on your enthusiasm, understanding, clarity, ability to convey details, reasoning about technical design etc.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (New Delhi)

Interview

They have well designed interview process, Round 1- Code assesment round Round 2- Code pairing round with their developer Round 3- Depth - JavaScript only - no frameworks Round 4- Breath - Discussed projects and frameworks Round 5 - Leadership discussion Round 6- Social change discussion Round 7 - Salary discussion and offer

Interview Questions
  • They gave two hours to develop an application locally and then upload to their portal.
  • Pairing round to review and enhance code/app you submitted in first round
  • They asked me to give solutions for core JavaScript problems. it was screen sharing hands on session.
  • They discussed all of projects and technologies used in entire career

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Bangalore) in May 2021

Interview

Round 1: HackerEarth test 90 mins Easy-Medium level questions. Round 2: Pair-programming 60 mins. Round 3: Technical Interview 90 mins Architecture design skills, Java and Resume related discussion. Round 4: Social Impact & Leadership interview 45 mins.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Barcelona) in May 2021

Interview

One of the worst interviews of my life. Never in my life, any interviewer asked me about my political opinions, what are my thoughts about BLM, trans people... and much less while leaving the interview to grab a cup of tea.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ThoughtWorks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks in May 2021

Interview

Pretty awful interviewer. All Q&A focused, no conversation style. You can tell when a person has interviewed candidates and you generally can create a repore with them. Didn't explain much about the company, mission and role.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you worked a customer requirement into your backlog
Viewing 1 - 10 of 966 Interviews