ThoughtWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ThoughtWorks Interview Questions

Interviews at ThoughtWorks

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Interview

The interview consisted of 5 rounds:

1. Pair programming with a ThoughtWorker. You have to refactor the problem given and make the code better.
    2. Technical discussion using a whiteboard.
    3. Technical discussion
    4. Leadership round
    5. P3 round

Interview Questions

• The good thing that I liked about ThoughtWorks was they were really interested in knowing my approach to solving problems. They did not ask me many language-specific questions. They were more interested in knowing about the design, the business impact of changes and the overall approach of solving problems. There was coding round, pair programming round, Technical round using a whiteboard. It was challenging, however, everyone was so friendly and cooperative that I enjoyed my interview day.   Answer Question

ThoughtWorks Response

21 Oct 2019 – ThoughtWorker

Thank you for taking the time to write about your interview experience. We wish you a long and fulfilling career with ThoughtWorks! :)
    Regards, Darshana

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed a personality test/cognitive test. Once I passed those I had an interview with a recruiter who unfortunately had English as a second language with a very heavy accent. I'm not sure if she had trouble understanding my responses but the interview went well in my opinion, though she could not pronounce my name properly.

After a few days I received a response saying that they are not moving me forward due to lack of experience. That is funny because the role I interviewed for called for 7+ years of experience and I have over 20, and come from a more senior level role with greater responsibilities than what this role required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience leading growth in a technical environment.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I would say don’t bother wasting your time doing their ridiculous coding challenges or interviewing for the positions. After I passed the coding challenge, I had a “talk” with a recruiter and was told my code was of quality and was then asked standard interview questions. I then got a cold rejection email from an automated email not a personal message from the recruiter. The rejection message was 3 sentences long with no explanation as for the reason of rejection. Most people seem to be rejected so please don’t bother spending time and energy on their long coding challenges and interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online and after about a month,received an email to submit a coding challenge. They offered two problems and I had to choose one. I was given about ten days to complete the assignment. After a few days, I received an email for a phone interview to discuss the job, my coding challenge and a little about my resume. After that, the next step is an onsite interview at one of their offices if everything goes well during the phone interview and the feedback on the coding challenge was positive.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I had 3 rounds total- 2 behavioral and 1 technical. One behavioral was in person and the other was over the phone. The technical is like a case simulation.

Interview Questions

• given a case and you have to figure out the requirements   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had interview with girl which work in HR.
    She said that only employ Thai people which is incredible discrimination and that is reason because can not go forward for interviews with me.
    The one of worst interviews which had in life.

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Interview

They dedicate an entire section of the interview to empowering women, which is great. Only problem is they automatically start from a place of assuming you are a villain if you are a white male before you even get to speak. One of the interviewers had a major attitude and was completely rude. It was like a white male attack session. I brought it up later to others in the interview process but they acted like it just didn't happen. So turned off by this company.

Interview Questions

ThoughtWorks Response

30 Sep 2019 – ThoughtWorker

Thanks for your feedback--I appreciate it. We’re a feedback-driven culture, so your input will help us continue to improve the interview process. We genuinely believe in making this an inclusive space for everyone and I'm sorry you did not have a pleasant experience. If you're willing, we would like the opportunity to look into the situation. If you feel comfortable sharing your details, you could email me at darshana@thoughtworks.com.
    With thanks, Darshana

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

First I had a conversation with a recruiter over the phone, seemed super informal and not too much like an interview. Then I was given a list of about 20 completely random questions (no right or wrong answer per say) to answer and after that was given a take home challenge.
    The in person interview we went over my challenge and was asked about my thought process when completing the challenge.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I got an in-mail on linkedIn from a recruiter. We arranged a teleconference. I was asked about my current job. After decades of programming, my current position in research is more broad and really interesting. The conversation turned to job details where it became clear they are looking for 100% travel staff augmentation. When I suggested discussing that with my wife the conversation was effectively over. This was confirmed in e-mail the next day from a do-not-reply address. No class. The travel issue should have been mentioned in e-mail.

Interview Questions

• The question about 100% travel should have been more up-front.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks in July 2019.

Interview

Interview was extremely long process, like five interviews. There is no reason to have that many interviews and no end results. This is unprofessional and should not take place for consideration for a position that was already provided to someone else.

Lead Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Here is feedback that I really want to provide to the panel of interviewers.
    1. String comparisons are not the best way to write conditions. Appreciate the use of integers/enums
    2. OOP has the "is a" and "has a " concept that needs a deeper understanding
    3. Interviewers need to be calibrated as to what they are looking out as signals and not just start taking interviews as first-time engineers
    4. O(N) or O(N^2) or O(logN) .... is very important. Just ignoring them implies the lack of depth of the interviewers.
    5. Obsession with Test-driven development is good, but not the "only" characteristic that you look in a software engineer. Problem-solving is more desired as you may be asked to move mountains for your clients.
     The entire hiring process was excellent from the recruitment and the leadership angle but failed miserably from the tech angle. This is something a services company should strive to refine going forward. There is no right or wrong here but the scope for improvement is vast.

Interview Questions

• Coding round: How would you add an extra discount offered as an extra use case?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.