Tiffany & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tiffany & Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Tiffany & Co.

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Interview

Horrible, it was all automated. First during the application process online they made me complete a personality test that took over 40 minutes. One week later I got contacted to do a video interview. I had to dress up and answer questions and was not given enough time to think to answer them as I was being recorded. There was practice questions, but none of them were actually the real ones.

I have an MBA, 15 years of sales experience and extensive experience selling jewelery and apprasing high end jewelery. I was not even given the opportunity to have a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you had to ask another question to get the answer to another question that you had asked and did not get the answer you wanted   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The hiring process had 5 steps/stages and it took about to 2 weeks to complete.
    That included an online application, 2 online questionaries , online interview, phone interview and interview in person.
    The communication was alive throughout the process until the last stage. They neither called nor emailed back with the outcome of the hiring process. After almost 2 weeks of waiting, I emailed to follow up. The position was filled and I was offered to apply for the Sales professional position...? I was applying and interviewing for the management.
    The online part of the process was fantastic experience, especially an online interview. However, the way the company handles the follow up and communication with the candidates leaves much to be desired.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished within your current position to increase selling ?   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

There were long periods of no information from Tiffany. I was diligent following up.
    The store Sales Manager, Assistant Manager and Store Director were professional, kind and knowledgeable about the retail industry.

I had a final interview with a temporary HR representative: Laura Carter (the main HR rep was away or on vacation?). I think that Laura made up her mind not to hire me before she called me. Ms. Carter asked if I had any further questions. At that point, I let her know that I am very competitive when it comes to sales. I asked if I am able to check other associates sales results because my goal would be to have top sales. Laura said that I cannot check other associates sales results and she shut me down abruptly. After 5.5 month of interviews with Tiffany it was disappointing that Laura could not schedule 10 minutes to speak with me.

The Store Director said I would be hired, then I followed up for 1 month after, and the Store Manager finally admitted that I would not be hired.

I pushed for a yes/ or no answer, because I had invested 5 months of interviews, and I still wanted to still be able to enjoy my Tiffany jewelry. (With no answer at all-I knew I couldn't do that). I would have respected a straight forward no answer.
    Now, I will never shop there again. Also, some of the managers at my former Company said they would never work for Tiffany, no matter how much they paid. (Unfortunate. Since all the other manager knew me as the girl that loves everything Tiffany.)

My advice to management is: if you know a candidate would be great- fight for them. Also, if one HR rep disagrees, then obtain a second HR opinion. Also, HR should schedule 10-15 minutes for a candidate that has been interviewing for nearly 6 months-and has been a loyal Tiffany Customer for years.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Very Long Interview. They are very personable in the interview process. They want to know about you because you will be representing 176 year history of the company. My interview was pover and hours. Then I was asked to come back and interview again. I was the only person who was kept in my store after the seasonal period had ended.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What does Tiffany & Co. mean to you? how would you handle certain situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are not really open to negotiation when you are a seasonal because they have people lined out the door looking for a job there.

Bench Jeweler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The bench test was first, then an interview with the human resource manager. Then an interview with the general manager. After that, I was taken on a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• How many other companies have you applied with?   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Honolulu, HI (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers. Asked me a lot of questions which is great but despite my proven sales performance and experience they were more interested in whether or not I spoke Japanese or Chinese. So aggravating.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak Japanese or Chinese?   1 Answer

Director, Talent Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and received a message that was rather embedded in my emails that I had to complete a 30 minute Video Taped Interview via computer that would be passed around to various departments. My session had 2 tech gliches and 1 question wasn't answered. I never heard back either way. The questions were quite specific and even though I am a 20+ year veteran there was one about a specific methodology that I had to quickly look up (they give you 50 seconds....)

Interview Questions

• How would I handle Performance Management?   1 Answer

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Two people, one HR senior manager. Senior HR was the most rude & unprofessional person I have ever encountered. Took phone calls, left room, interrupted colleague, smirked, was dismissive and unpleasant. Non HR person and I had a very long in depth discussion about position and skill set.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. in August 2017.

Interview

Long process . Applied online, then did a
    Video interview, then attended a job fair, they ask alot of questions , and its bery competitive. They saod they eould
    Let me know but no one ever got
    Back to me.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Once you applied with your CV. If HR liked you, they would send out a link to a Tiffany & Co. questionnaire looking at your personality and how you respond to scenarios. If successful, there is a phone interview conducted with you and a member of HR. If passed, a video link is sent to you, that required you to do a virtual interview. Once that is completed and you have passed all staged. You get invited to an on the day interview that has three stages. 1-1, group interview and role play activity.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.