Tiffany & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tiffany & Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Tiffany & Co.

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and relax environment. They try to make it feel as more of a conversation rather than an interview. I think this is to get a feel of you personality wise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an internship, so the hourly rate is whatever offered, but it was more than expected

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Interview

Process started out rather smoothly and professional but downhill from there. Was called in for second interview and interviewers told me I had very strong qualifications and pretty much led to believe I was a shoe-in for the role only to be told later on by my recruiter that my technical capabilities were not strong enough. Interesting since none of the members of staff i interviewed with were technical at all. I even had to do a 30 minute writing assessment which even two of the individuals on staff told me was a joke during the interview!! I also never received any type of letter or follow up from Tiffany which was very unprofessional on their part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Very generic type questions in general.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Interview

A few days after application was submitted, I was contacted by a recruiter for the phone interview. The questions were very basic and centered around my resume. I was later contacted for a second interview.
    My second interview I met with the HR Representative and the IA Department. The HR Rep was very nice and able to answer all of the questions I had. I later met all the managers of the IA Department separately which resulted in them asking the same questions over and over again. They explained their work and asked questions based on my resume. Nothing too difficult. It seems they are looking for a cookie cutter corporate personality. Be very careful with how you respond to their questions.
    I was later informed that while I satisfied their qualifications, they decided to move on.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your supervisor, what would she/he say?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Interview

It was a 2-step hiring process. The first was a phone interview with HR. Mostly a discussion of what department you're most interested in and whether on not Tiffany & Co. can accommodate your interests. The second round was a panel interview with four Directing Managers. Managers asked many questions based on your resume.

Whichever manager felt that you were best suited for their team would choose you.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview was very friendly and laid-back. Mostly all questions came from your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

They will start with a phone interview with someone from HR. If you pass this test you will be asked to come in for an in person interview. Here they will sit you in a conference room with the 5 managers all interviewing at once. It can be intimidating, but they are all very nice people so just try to be friendly and know what you are talking about. If you pass this stage the final stage is a urine drug test. Once hired, it is very easy to get promotions or switch your job. They offer all promotions and job openings to current employees first before releasing them to the public.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty straight forward. They just want to figure out which department you will fit into the best.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an Intern I wasn't really able to negotiate.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied few months before the internship starts, then got a phone interview with HP representative. Followed by an on-site panel interview with 4 directors, really easy interview to introduce yourself, your interest, why apply, your experience, leadership background. No behavioral questions. Then got an offer two days after the on-site interview, then start internship. You can discuss your end date with your manager, flexible schedule. Got an offer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed for a phone interview two days later. Phone interview was with recruiter for about 20 minutes. Three weeks later I received an email stating that I qualified for a panel interview on site in Parsippany. Panel consisted of 5 others recruiters who controlled a particular sector of the IT department. They questioned you on your resume for about 30 min straight. I sent an email 2 weeks later asking for where I stand, recruiter said that they had their last interview that day and will notify me soon. A week later I get an email stating that I did not qualify. Process took about 2 months, but they were very respectful. I really wish I had gotten the chance to work there.

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

It was smooth, but I wish they were more open and be specific

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. in January 2014.

Interview

good no hard at allwhere is your study place very lear did not require a lot of work and very simple i do hardly recommend it and so helpful and full wiht experiances and every day kind of scenes to get benefits from and no hard work very clear and easy and helpful and require is standing.

Interview Questions

• where is your study place very lear did not require a lot of work and very simple i do hardly recommend it and so helpful and full wiht experiances and every day kind of scenes to get benefits from and no hard work very clear and easy and helpful and require is standing.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

The initial process was consolidated and professional. I went through several rounds of HR - the first was a detailed phone interview that went really well.

The second was with the Senior HR Director - I felt that she was trying to intimidate me for no reason. I have a solid luxury background - as well as a Master's degree - therefore I know what I am doing and not squandering around for entry level jobs.

Moving further I met with the team - the Marketing Director was not aware of my background and did not take the time to read my resume or research the brand that I worked for - which was quite unprofessional.

I was interviewing for a position that I could handle in my sleep - my experiences and educational background is definitely higher than a direct mail specialist. I was rejected with no concrete reason - Later I was told by someone in the firm that there might be racism issues involved - and after observing the profiles and backgrounds of people who work there, I truly believe that was true.
    They have hired people in corporate marketing from Sales backgrounds! I have several years of experience and a Masters degree from one of the best universities.

I think the upper management is under-qualified, stagnant, biased and not open to people from diverse backgrounds or nationalities and have a mind set about the type of people they are going to hire. Furthermore, they discriminate based on skin color and national origin.