Toyota North America Body Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Toyota North America Body Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Toyota North America

3.3

Body Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Recruiter communication over the phone was thorough. First step was an impromptu interview via phone with the internal recruiter. Second was a teleconference interview with the recruiter and two managers. Third step was an in-person interview with 6-7 managers and higher executives. For the third step interview, I was required to bring a report with me answering some questions that were mailed to me, asking about a specific component on a car and it's function.

Interview Questions

• During my in-person interview, I was asked to answer a few engineering/physics problems on a whiteboard and dictate my thought process out loud. With a panel of 5+ managers watching, this can be a high pressure situation, and I was given no prior notice of the problems.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The internal recruiter said that vacation, etc. are all non-negotiable given the corporate policy. Salary was negotiable. Bonuses are calculated by performance and not outlined during the hiring phase.

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota North America

Body Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First pre-screen interview with the recruiter to determine eligibility, then followed up with an hour interview with the managers of the group. Finally an onsite interview at the headquarters in Ann Arbor.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that something unexpected or not as planned happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Body Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process only took about 10 days. I had multiple other offers, so Toyota expedited the process quite efficiently. The first round was a simple 20-30 minute phone screen. 3-4 simple behavioral questions along with salary requirements and availability. Next round was an on-site interview in Ann Arbor. This involved was 10-15 minute presentation, Q&A, STAR questions and some technical questions rounding off with a tour. In total, the interview took about 2 hours. An offer was given the following morning. In general, everyone I met was extremely kind and seemed very happy. Cafeteria smelled good but didn't really see what was offered. I was told that they offer a Japanese entree each day and also have local restaurants come in each day to supply food.

Interview Questions

• Very basic STAR questions. Describe a time when you used your engineering know-how to solve a problem. Describe the most complex problem you solved. There were others that I can't remember. The person that asked the question was very nice and smiled and joked a lot, so it was not a very high pressure situation. There were also some technical questions. They don't ask you anything you don't already know how to do. The technical question that were asked stemmed directly from my presentation so I was fairly well equipped to answer. Hope this helps. Overall, I think future interviewees will feel very comfortable during this interview.   Answer Question

Body Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Screening. Very easy simple questions. Asked me about a time when I had to overcome a challenge. This is a very straight forward interview. You get a call where a bunch of details are confirmed and then the questions begin. Overall, really just a screening so nothing too intense. I got a second round interview out of it which I have shortly.

Interview Questions

• Describe time when you had to overcome a challenge and how you overcame it? Why Toyota? Why Automotive?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.