TranSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

TranSystems Interview Questions

Interviews at TranSystems

2.4

Bridge Construction Inspector III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranSystems (Charleston, SC (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

It started with a call I received within about 4 days after I applied to the position online after seeing the job information on LinkedIn.

He was calling about the specific position from the actual location where I was applying for. We set up the date & time and I went the very next week for the interview at their offices in SC.
    Spent an hour going over my background, current assignment, and prospects for their current position opening and future projects.
    Very comprehensive interview with the Hiring Manager and the Regional VP, discussed the pipeline of projects and the current clients’ projects throughout the State and the region. We also talked about the current local real estate market trends and they helped me become aware of the small challenges that I could face with my relocation situation.
    Received a great offer, accepted the job, and been working in SC happily and it looks good for TranSystems in the future right now.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my certifications in materials testing and when they expired.   1 Answer

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TranSystems (Berkeley, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I was asked if I was meticulous by a random interviewer that was brought into the interview. I was not told in advance this person would be in attendance. I was told only three people, one of which hung up during the interview whom I would be working for and never said thank you or I will be in touch with the agency.

Interview Questions

• How do you check your work? Really?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview. Questions were related to course studies and personal interests. Gave some behavioral questions, and "What would you do?" questions. I had a representative from both construction management and design interview with me.

Assistant Bridge Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TranSystems (Paramus, NJ (US)).

Interview

Super easy came well over prepared. Sat with the chief engineer, was asked typical interview questions and then was walked around the facility and introduced to everyone in the department.

Interview Questions

• Typical, tell me about yourself, what are positive and negatives about you, interests, etc.   Answer Question

Project Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TranSystems (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy going interview. It was a very relaxed conversion. The interviewer is very nice and informed me a lot about the position. Not a lot of questions.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Phone interview with the east coast, transferred to west coast interview with project team, waited 3 months for a phone interview with senior principal and then an in person with project team and senior principal. Expenses were reimbursed by the company.

Entry Level Civil Traffic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Typical. Phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview. Phone interview took about 40-45 minutes. Gave plenty of time for questions and gave informative, well thought out answers to the questions. Emphasized that they were looking for a good communicator and someone that was not afraid to ask questions when necessary.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience in the field applied for.
      Questions about what was learned in previous experiences.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranSystems in September 2015.

Interview

Easy interview process with pretty streamline type of interview questions. I interviewed on the phone first then had a group interview then a panel interview. In all this took about 2 weeks and then I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

I first spoke with one of their engineering staff at my campus civil engineering career fair. About a month after that I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an office interview. During the office interview I first spoke with two senior staff members at once and then following that I spoke with a group of three senior staff members at once. The interview was very comfortable and casual. They started by asking me generic questions about my resume and expanded with follow up questions after my responses. I was then given an offer two weeks after the office interview.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems (Schaumburg, IL (US)).

Interview

I contacted them through an alum from my school. I was called for an interview. The interview was for about an hour and a half. I met the Principal Engineer, Engineering Department Head and Management Head. Most questions were based on past experience, basically points from the resume.

Lot of emphasis of software used in the past and the ability to adapt.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked to draw a Bending Moment and Shear Force diagram.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.