TranSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 Apr 2019

2.4

Sort:

Corporate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TranSystems (Kansas City, MO (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Completed phone interview and in person interview with CFO and HR VP. I did not receive a second interview but I did receive wonderful feedback as to the reasons why I was not the best candidate. I have a position but I would give anything to work for this CFO. I would quit my job tomorrow in a heart beat to work with her. She clearly cares about Transystems and all that employees. I have been in the workplace a long time and have never had that type of experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you strategize about the future while fulfilling short-term and medium term demands.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Phone interview with the east coast, transferred to west coast interview with project team, waited 3 months for a phone interview with senior principal and then an in person with project team and senior principal. Expenses were reimbursed by the company.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TranSystems (Cleveland, OH (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was brought in and there were 3 or 4 people at the table interviewing me. Everyone was friendly and it was a pretty easy interview. Most of the interview was spent talking about the position, the company, and projects that were coming up. The entire interview felt comfortable and like more of a conversation then an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about relevant college courses and senior design projects.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranSystems (Paramus, NJ (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

Met with a project manager and went over my resume. He talked mostly about the compny and what they do. He then told me my job responsibilities and said he had many people to interview and he would call me next week. I was offered the job the next day and accepted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negociation

Structural Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online via their companies online application form. A few days later I was emailed asking me if I would be interested in an interview. I accepted, and the interview was four days later. I went in, was greeted by the individual that emailed me, and was invited into the conference room. Three other employees trickled in, and I distributed my resumes to all four of them. Basically the interview consisted of them asking me questions directly off of my resume, which I liked. The interview was relatively laid back and enjoyable. The only "tough question" that I was asked was "what do you think our company does?". My response was incomplete, and they clarified exactly what their company does, but besides that it was a very easy interview, and it took about 30 minutes. They also asked me for my references at the end of the interview, which I luckily had printed out before hand. They said that they would make a decision by the end of the week, and I got a phone call on Friday offering me the job.

Overall a very positive experience, nice office atmosphere, appears to be a great company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our company does?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a salary offer which was a little low on what I was expecting, but I was only required to work 40 hours a week, and any hours over 40 I would be paid overtime (not time and a half, but $20+ an hour). I accepted the offer because of this. They also will pay $100 a month for transportation fees.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview. Questions were related to course studies and personal interests. Gave some behavioral questions, and "What would you do?" questions. I had a representative from both construction management and design interview with me.

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TranSystems (Berkeley, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I was asked if I was meticulous by a random interviewer that was brought into the interview. I was not told in advance this person would be in attendance. I was told only three people, one of which hung up during the interview whom I would be working for and never said thank you or I will be in touch with the agency.

Interview Questions

• How do you check your work? Really?   1 Answer

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranSystems (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

I was brought in after meeting with the companies representatives at my University's job fair. The interview was fairly quick and straight forward. I met with about 3-4 individuals about the job, company, and hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Project Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TranSystems (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy going interview. It was a very relaxed conversion. The interviewer is very nice and informed me a lot about the position. Not a lot of questions.

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at TranSystems (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed for the a design position. I received a phone call less than 24 hours later asking to set up an interview in Houston. I drove to Houston for the first interview. After the first interview I was called back the next day for a second interview. On the second interview I was introduced to the office and taken out to lunch. They offered me the position later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• On the second interview the VP of the office gave me an engineering scenario and asked how I would solve the problem.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.