TransferWise Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at TransferWise

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 341 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hungary
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransferWise (Hungary)

Interview

First round: Very easy 4 or 5 hackerrank tasks. If you invest a little time into going through hackerrank exercises, it won't be a problem. Second round: Talk with 3 devs from transferwise. It was not hard, they were just interested what I learnt so far. We talked about key concepts. Also they prepared with a little hackerrank exercise related to promises. What bothered me is that one of the interviewer disconnected for 5 minutes just after asking a question. Later on the feedback contained the question as flaged stating that I didn't answer the question correctly. (I did) Thrid round: Product interview. And here I failed. You have to be really really really careful what you answer to their question. If you can't come up with a good example for their question, they just flag it and include it in the improvement section. So if it takes time to come up with examples for: - what you had to solve for a user? - how you shaped the requirements for the user? - what app you like and know they are missing a feature? - what that feature is? - how would you start designing it and implementing it? - how would you measure its success? - what data would you check if you were the CEO? then practice it till it is second nature to you, otherwise they just reject you. (Also try to get information about how their teams work and how they ship a feature from end-to-end, because if you don't know, if you don't describe the same process then they will include it in the improvement section too)

Interview Questions
  • See above (describe section contains it)
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransferWise (Tallinn)

Interview

first a call with the recruiter asking questions like why you want to leave your current company and why transfer wise, then after that a technical call with the team members its a long interview which lasted about 120 mins and you get asked general tech questions including questions from your past experience, then at the end a system design problem.

Interview Questions
TransferWise
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estonia
Application

I interviewed at TransferWise (Estonia)

Interview

I had a video interview with the team lead directly and in the evening he sent an email rejecting me. The questions are easy, the kind of thing you would find in the internet but I didn't prepare well so I failed.

Interview Questions
TransferWise
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moldova
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransferWise (Moldova)

Interview

Nice, easy, straight to the point. But think the introduction took too long (who don't know about Transferwise :) ). I received feedback, about the strong and weak parts of the interview, which is great!

Interview Questions
  • 1. One question was to reveal your understanding of customer needs 2. The Second one was more analytical.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (Australia)

Interview

Saw the ad posted multiple times a few months before I finally applied. Application form asked a few essay type questions. “Tell me about.. how you handle... “. Finally had a preliminary round - getting to know you and explaining that there would be 3 rounds of interviews and would like to fill the role ASAP- company has big aspiration etc.. Another round organised with situational, behavioural questions-starting to feel like interviewers were picking brain for free ideas on how to solve their current problems and indeed told me they were having such problems. Then onto another around again similar thing with another person asking for solutions of challenges faced and market information. Was then told there would be the last round. Didn’t hear back for many moons. Suddenly a phone call to ask even more situational “tell me about, explain how you dealt with..” In the mean time saw they used an agency to hire again.. seems like 1) they dont know what they are looking for, hence keep asking similar situational questions in the multiple rounds AND 2) definitely looking for free consultation service disguised as interview: getting free input to solve problems at hand! NOT serious in hiring.

Interview Questions
TransferWise
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estonia
Application

I interviewed at TransferWise (Estonia)

Interview

It was a long series of interviews in about 3 stages. A recruiter will first contact you on phone, then you meet the team leader and members. The last person is the Hiring manager.

Interview Questions
TransferWise
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at TransferWise (United Kingdom)

Interview

1. Phone screen with talent recruiter covering previous experience, motivations and providing more clarity on the role. 2. First round of case study based questions with two PMs 3. Final round interview with VP of Product Growth

Interview Questions
  • Case study focused on analytical thinking and problem solving to a relevant product ops business challenge.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Japan
Application

I interviewed at TransferWise (Japan)

Interview

The interview process was smooth and welcoming. The interviewer was doing their best to make the experience as relaxing as possible. However, the whole selection criteria was not explained thoroughly beforehand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransferWise (Budapest) in Feb 2021

Interview

It was through HireVue, I got 7 pre-recorded questions, then I had to answer 3 questions from customers in writing. When I got a question I had 30 second to think, then I had to start answering. Between the questions I could take my time, and I could decise when to go on with the next question.

Interview Questions
  • What is about you that makes you the best person for this job?
  • Tell me about a time where you've gone above and beyond what's expected of you? What was the situation? What actions did you take and why?
  • I'd like to know about a time that you made a mistake. What happened? Why? And how did you fix things?
  • Tell me about a time where you received negative feedback. What happened? How did it make you feel? What did you learn from the situation?
  • Is there anything else that you'd like to tell us about yourself or anything that you may have missed in your previous answers?
  • Describe a situation where you've decided to step in and help where it wasn't your responsibility to do so.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransferWise (Budapest) in Feb 2021

Interview

45 Minute "Pair Programming Interview" It is not pair programming if I talk & code and you give uneeded tips and hints every time I stop or even explicitly ask for time to think and then make a negative feedback point for each tip/hint you gave me.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 341 Interviews