Travis Perkins Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

Recruitment Agency15%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Travis Perkins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Wickham, East of England, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (West Wickham, East of England, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Nice face to face interview, although they seemed unsure of when I would start as this was not decided yet then I never heard back at all. Interviewer seemed distracted and unsure about how definite the role was and for what contracted hours

Interview Questions
  • What's your experience for the role you're applying for? Why would you want to work for Travis Perkins?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

I had an initial call from their recruitment team which was really informative and friendly, was then asked to attend a face to face interview. The face to face interview was great, interviewers were friendly, relaxed and knowledgeable. Following that I received a call from the recruitment team explaining I would hear in a few days, then the communication because terrible. I rang a couple of times to be told they still hadn't made their decision, same via email. After 3 weeks of hearing nothing I then gave up and assumed I hadn't got the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Travis Perkins

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travis Perkins

Interview

Online application and interview. Contacted me via the phone, short discussion about what I wanted to do and how long I'd been driving and why I want to be hgv driver

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (London, England, England)

Interview

Was offered an interview within 2 hours of completing my online application with 2 days notice. Was interviewed in a room with the manager and assistant manager. I felt the manager was very closed minded and oddly unimpressed with the wealth of experience sat in front of him. The whole thing felt tense and uncomfortable, Iv withdrawn my application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (London, England, England) in Jun 2019

Interview

Very defined interview process and quick response. Numerous questions asked but the hiring manager made me very comfortable and gave feedback on improvement. Overall good experience and learning as this will help me prepare well for future ones. First interview done by recruiter on phone and then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Manchester, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

The process consisted of 3 parts: 1. Interview 2. Presentation (you have to prepare a presentation in advance on case they give you) 3. Group work - you are assigned a task with the rest of the interviewees and are being assessed during your work from the interviewers that monitor you.

Interview Questions
  • Why them, long-term goals, standard fit questions including teamwork

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England, England) in Apr 2018

Interview

A formal meet-and-greet with some scene-setting, role explanation and a principled walkthrough of my skills and experience. The interview itself was a very positive experience but I never heard back. A concern was that there was an ominous lack of clarity about the role and how they would measure its effectiveness (as it was essentially a new position). The recruiter never heard back (for any of the positions they had sent candidates over for). Travis Perkins went totally radio silent - no feedback of any kind (despite repeated requests for it). Very unprofessional and shows a company in a degree of disarray. I'd express caution with applying to their head office as it does seem disorganised.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Travis Perkins

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travis Perkins

Interview

I approached a TP recruiter for an informal chat when I was job hunting c.4 years ago and didn't even get an acknowledgement. This seemed very poor, particularly for a recruiter position. Since then, I've heard and seen mainly negative press - poor recruiters, no training, no respect from internal teams, workloads too large to manage resulting in heavy agency reliance. Recently, I was approached about an opportunity on LI by a researcher - agreed to listen to more (assumed it would be via the researcher) and was called directly by the hiring manager - who gave a pleasantly surprising view of a new era at TP. The researcher then sent me an interview slot via email and asked me to confirm. Despite the impersonal nature, I still wanted to meet the HM about the new vision, so accepted. On arrival at the interview, reception sent the researcher down to advise me to check my emails. An hour before I needed to leave work to attend the interview, I was sent an email cancelling the interview - unfortunately, this wasn't picked up, as I was busy working, not checking my personal emails. I received no phone call or text to try and advise me the interview was cancelled at such short notice, but the email said the researcher would reschedule. The researcher then advised the HM would call the next day to apologise. A month on, I've heard nothing from the researcher or HM. Sadly nothing seems to have changed at TP - clearly candidate engagement and experience is still a low priority. Needless to say, I would not re-consider TP again. There's clearly huge scope to drive change at TP, but it will need to come from the top down.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

Not great. I was approached by a TP recruiter for a vacancy I might be interested in. I progressed through to a 2nd stage interview. The 2nd stage interviewer didn't appear to know I had been approached by TP when asking why I wanted to work for them. At this stage I don't know if I want to work for a company who approached me first. Interviews are a 2 way thing. She also asked a number of questions which had been covered off in the telephone and 1st interview. The odd repeated question to dig deeper is expected but this felt entirely as if my previous responses hadn't been looked at or discussed. I wasn't getting a good feeling at this stage. I didn't feel like I performed well in the interview so wouldn't have been surprised to receive a rejection email. I was surprised to have to chase after 2 weeks for a response. I asked politely if there was any feedback from my recent interview explaining that I had not heard anything yet but do suspect that I wasn't what they were looking for. More silence. I have never heard back from them. This was about 2 months ago. It's such a shame to treat candidates so poorly. I had taken time out of my day on 3 occasions for a telephone, 1st and 2nd interview. It's probably for the best but I wouldn't consider a future vacancy with TP after this experience and wouldn't recommend them based on this experience. In contrast I regularly recommend companies who have provided a brilliant candidate experience, regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Some competency based questions, some closed questions, conversational questions.
3 people found this interview helpful

Travis Perkins

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travis Perkins in Mar 2018

Interview

interview with the regional manager then an interview with the branch manager. these were pretty straight forward and fairly layed back. just general questions asking what i can offer the company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews