Treasury Wine Estates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Treasury Wine Estates Interview Questions

Interviews at Treasury Wine Estates

2.8

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Oakland, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with the recruiter, she was very friendly and explained me everything about the role, process and company. She had a fluent communication with me through all the process which I really appreciated.
    Then I had an interview with marketing VP, she asked about my motivation to work at TWE, experience and behavioral questions. Very attentive and interested in my experience and passion for wine.
    The last interview was with Hiring Manager (BM) and HR VP. They also asked about my experience, behavioral questions and motivations to work at TWE. I did not receive an offer and I think it was because in the last interview I struggled with the behavioral questions, they asked really specific situations.

Overall I liked the process, the people I talked to and the company.

I was not in California, so the whole process was over the phone. I asked to have the interview on Skype, but they preferred to have a phone interview. I think it would have been better if it could be on skype.

Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why this company, why the wine industry   Answer Question

State Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Napa, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

It's a lengthy process including peer interviews but it gives you an opportunity to see if YOU'RE interested in the company too. You interact with finance, operations and your hiring manager and have the chance to evaluate the culture of the team you will be working on.

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Napa, CA (US)).

Interview

Face-face interview with a panel consisting of the project team occurred after one telephone screening. I drove to their USA headquarters in Napa in the afternoon. The interview was set for 4:30 pm so that the Australia team could attend at a reasonable hours. They were seated in a conference room with one individual on a screen from Adelaide.

From the start it was a bit stiff and we all tried to break the ice by talking about the recent earthquake. I was looking for opportunities to be friendly and make small talk, and everyone seemed to be calm and in a good mood. But the body language was not very lubricated.

They started by asking whether I had any questions based on what we had talked about the previous time, and I asked some project-specific questions, which they answered. It was challenging to pay attention and try to remember all of the information all four of them delivered, including them telling me their roles and responsibilities.

Some of their questions got somewhat formal (looking for specific knowhow and change management experience). My answers were good and accurate, but I sensed that they were seeking the warm and fuzzy from me.

Sometimes they talked about elements they had already mentioned to me, so I was concerned whether they thought I hadn't been listening the first time. I had taken notes so I tried to include some of the information that they'd already shared so they wouldn't feel as though they were repeating themselves.

Some of the formal questions they asked included:

Tell me about a project you've worked on that involved introducing new technology to people.
        Tell me the path that a person (employee) experiences through Change Management.
        Give me some examples from your experience when you received strong push back or resistance.
        Tell me about something you did to remediate a project.
        Why would you want to work on this particular gig?
        What is your work style?

Each of my answers received a probing follow up question, which I enjoyed.
    We talked about how we would work together as a team, weekly meetings and materials, and what they would need me to do right out of the gate. The whole interview was about an hour, maybe a little more.

The ending of the interview was a bit flat. After they told me they would be wrapping up...by interviewing other folks. Neither of us had any further questions and we thanked each other and I left. I did not make a "closing statement".

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. They would often ask for details based on my initial answer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Napa, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

HR phone interview if make it to next round, in person with HR and 1-4 managers from different areas

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about your experience with certain situations and how you handled them, really looking for details on being proactive and thinking outside the box.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Oakland, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

They have no ideas whom they are looking for. The interviewer or the hiring manager does not have the same expectation about the candidates. There are so many indicators that the company is NOT a sustainable business. There are so much in changing direction and turnover. I do not feel this is a place you should invest your career. There is no clear direction for the company and the company is struggling. I do not recommend this company to anyone else.

Interview Questions

Treasury Wine Estates Response

9 Apr 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your interview experience. If you are open to discussing your feedback in greater detail, please email us at feedback@tweglobal.com.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Napa, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview only. Interviewer was friendly and personable, but did not know much about the topic for the position, which is normal, but I get the idea that they didn't understand the importance of the role either. They indicated they would call me back, regardless of the decision, but never did. Many of the reviews of this company I see relate to issues with communication. I suspect this is probably a very valid assessment. I understand they likely have many interviewees to attend to, but even a quick form response would have been great. 'We have decided to go with another candidate.' ... anything. I would have rated the interview as a positive experience if not for that.

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Napa, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was good. Made me feel confortable and good personality from interviewer. 2nd interview felt very uncomfortable with the new Plant Manager. Seems to have a bad attitude and quiet. Most of the interview was driven from the other individuals on the panel.

Interview Questions

• Why should they offer me the job?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in January 2018.

Interview

Heard from a Talent Sourcer via cold call and was excited to hear more about the opportunity. The team did not have much to go over with me and I felt like I was doing more of the interviewing than the sourcer was. Treasury Wine Estates has a reputation to uphold, and a world of talent to recruit for in the area but their approach heavily lacked and did not get me excited. My level of interest severely dropped the second I was done with the call. That week, I was told that I would hear from their Recruiting Manager. No day, no time. I never heard, and they never followed up.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions I can recall, just asking if this would be something I am interested in. Kind of difficult if there was no job description or knowledge from the sourcer.   Answer Question

Treasury Wine Estates Response

21 Mar 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive interview process. Your feedback will be shared with the Talent Acquisition team so we can better improve our processes.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates (Napa, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the Talent Acquisition Manager. Heard back two weeks later and was invited to come in for an interview with the VP of HR. Heard back about a week or two later and was invited back for a second round interview with other HR individuals. Took two weeks to hear back with a final answer and job was offered to me. Process took a little longer due to reorg within the company but TA Manager stayed in contact with me the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Asked a variety of behavioral, culture, and situational questions during each interview   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in January 2011.

Interview

Took over 6 interviews before they decided

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected unexpected was when I got hired and they said-oh your also hired to run this team   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.