Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Twitter Interview Questions

Interviews at Twitter

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Boulder, CO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Overall, really positive interview experience.

Had an initial call with the hiring manager, did a great job explaining the "why" of the project and team.

Technical phone interview on HackerRank, pretty typical coding exercise, medium to hard difficulty.

On-site interview had two more coding exercises, one was really challenging and the other was very simple, as well as a system design interview, and then lastly a leadership/behavioral interview. Throughout the interviews, everyone was very friendly and engaged, not combative like some other places I've interviewed. I also had lunch with a few folks not on the interview panel, food and conversation were both great.

Throughout the entire process, from the first call to the offer negotiation, my recruiters were exceptional. I felt valued, informed, and welcomed.

Suggestion: highly recommend reviewing Twitter's existing architecture in prep for the system design, lot of good videos and articles on the web that would through parts of it.

Only negative is that each team's interview process seems different, so YMMV, and my experience doesn't reflect the same as other people I know that have interviewed at Twitter.

Intern Interview

Interview

there were three, thirty minute interviews, different members of team-- kind of disorganized, hard to reach recruiters, not systematized

The first interviewer seemed much less prepared than the others

I wish the recruiters were more accessible and that the team was more streamlined and prepared to give me details of the specific role

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It started with a Recruiter Screen. Then i had a manger phone interview for fit. And then i had a coding phone interview. Failed and didn't move on. Poor experience considering i got offers from Facebook, Google, and others.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in March 2020.

Interview

This is the second time (out of 2) I've had a negative experience with Twitter. The first being ghosted by recruiter who contacted ME about an opportunity then had the nerve to ask me for a favor on LinkedIn.

Anyway, contacted by recruiter after submitting an application online. Was told the hiring manager was so excited to speak with me after reviewing my app. Spoke with hiring manager, explained my experience, all went well. Had initial phone screen. Complete waste of my time. The interviewer was unprepared (and even said this to me on the call, wasting 7 minutes) with his questions because apparently he was told I was applying for another role, I'm not sure. Anyway, answered ALL THREE of his coding questions, they ran, were efficient, etc. Only to be rejected because I didn't have the experience they were looking for??? How does one speak with the recruiter AND the hiring manager and they still allow you to get to the next stage only to go back and say actually your skills don't match??? Did they not read my resume???

Interview Questions

• Easy, classic "write a function that does this." Like so easy, I was concerned.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was friendly and conversational. Everything went as planned and articulated by email. Things were adequately spelt out. The interviewer was considerate and gave me time to articulate answers. It was a good opportunity to get to know more.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Recruiters were seemingly nice, however you could tell they were somewhat on a high horse. Most of them came from no technology background, yet were very judgmental about no straight tech industry experience. They harped on innovation and diverse backgrounds, however you could tell they only wanted someone from a competing tech company. Even though I am someone who has years of technical recruiting experience across different industries and frankly qualified, i felt belittled through 3 phone screens... “ so you don’t have any real tech experience.” I was very excited about this opportunity, but it turns out the company is a mirror image of every other Silicon Valley company as it does not welcome people with different industry knowledge that may actually propel the business forward. Additionally, I received no concrete feedback (although the utter cold tone in my last phone screen was enough) I was sent an email saying I’d be reached out to for other potential opportunities, which I have not.

Interview Questions

• What roles have you recruited for?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

A phone screen, followed by the option of a take home test or a technical interview. Then a group meet and interview panel. The hiring manager was friendly and accommodating however the HR reps were awful. They did not read emails or treat me as a person but instead sent canned emails asking for previously provided information in the email thread and ignoring any requests for additional information.

The interviewer for the technical interview was clearly not trained in interviewing. He was unable to articulate a question and when pushed on specifics deflected asking for a "solution". It was clear he had a specific answer in mind despite never giving a full problem statement.

Interview Questions

• Twitter uses a monorepo that has too many tests to be run on one machine. When the tests run the raw logs are sent to the Engineer. People have been complaining that it's too hard to know what's broken after the suite is run. How would you solve this?   Answer Question

QA Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Twitter HR phone screen panel has 2 people. One dropped out without saying why. the other person seems like a rookie. needless to say, it was a waste of time.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Twitter in February 2020.

Interview

This was a phonescreen which initially was rescheduled by the recruiter 30 minutes prior to the original start time. The recruiter was friendly, however, the recruiter didn’t seem to fully understand the role therefore I don’t think my questions about the role were understood.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter, was set up with a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. He wasn't impressed by my professional experience and after a single question ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the market size for a new product?   Answer Question

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Twitter (Remote, OR (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter e-mailed me to schedule a phone interview; after that, hiring manager contacted me for a follow up phone interview on a Friday. On Sunday, I received a "Thank you applying e-mail". I didn't have a good experience as the recruiter sounded condescending at times and hiring manager was extremely rude and arrogant. I also felt like I was being talked down to at times. When asking the hiring manager what her management style was, she initially told me that she did not have one and proceeded to talk about her management style. Her responses to my questions about the position sounded incoherent, and not fully thought through. In the end of the phone interview with the hiring manager, I asked her if she had any concerns about my ability to do the job to which she replied that I might have had similar positions in the past, but I haven't had face to face customer service experience and there were applicants that did. This is an e-mail based inbound customer service position... She also added she would connect with the other managers as my background was interesting. Needless to say that I was rejected right there and not told about it as rejection e-mail arrived on the following Sunday. A quick search about the hiring manager reveals that she has worked for Twitter for a year and opened a personal twitter account at about the same time, where she rumbles about politics and takes photos at work. Unfortunately, my experience is revealing about what is it like working at Twitter these days. This is very unfortunate as the mission statement was once positive and powerful. I don't understand why waste their time and my time if they're just going to reject a candidate for not having the very same position title before.

Interview Questions

• Why Twitter?
      Why the career change to customer service?
      Any concerns about the position?
      What motivates you?
      What would you say the value of twitter is to a company?
      Any questions for me?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.