UPS Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UPS Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS Freight

1.8

OTR Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS Freight in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy and fast. Interviewed over the phone with a recruiter who asked a few questions about my work history. The background check and drug screen was fast, the results came back within a few days. Overall, surprisingly fast and painless. I believe they said I was "fast tracked" because they needed someone immediately.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS Freight (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Ups truckload uses a staffing service in order to bypass the union and any ups perks or stock options.It actualy costs more to do this but if they loose a run they can just let you go instead of finding a place for you to.work within the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not at.all. It is steady work. It is good work. And the main dispatch is awsome.If you want to work somewhere that there is no chance for advancement ,then this is the place for you.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS Freight (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

When I first walked into the interview (Houston, TX) I was asked to wait about 15 minutes. I ended up waiting about 2 hours before I was face-to-face with the interviewer. I was asked about 3 questions (useless questions) which lead to nowhere and was prompted to call the interviewee on the following Monday.

I called for about 2 weeks and the manager would never get back to me. The managers there were so unorganized and lazy and could not even return a simple phone call.
    I was asked to be hired the day of the interview and the interviewer even gave me my salary options.

What I did not get was why would you ask someone to come in for an interview knowing that you were going to hire that person, but never return there phone call. I found out about 3 weeks later that the manager that wanted to hire me ended up getting laid off.

It was the most pointless interview I have gone to but yet their HR department located in some “square” state up north wanted me to go back and interview with them. I could not ever get a phone call back so I knew that would never happen.
    I am officially done with them and could care less about working for that particular branch of UPS!

Good luck to the rest of you!

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Unorganized and lazy managers!

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS Freight (Franklin Park, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an emailed from the hiring manager. I responded back letter her know I was interested in meeting with her. The hiring manager responded back same day and confirmed our appointment day and time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS Freight (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

simple just like any trucking job

Negotiation

none

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS Freight.

Interview

The interview is really fast last no more than 15 mins, they mostly tell you information about the company and the position you are applying for and ask one or two questions after that they will contact you a couple days after if you are hired

Operations Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS Freight in September 2014.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early to interview, the manager I was supposed to meet with was called into an emergency meeting (it happens) so I was interviewed by an on call supervisor. As far as interviews go, this one was very laid back and comfortable, he took a few moments to review my resume so he was up to speed with my experience. Once he was familiar with my work history he asked me to elaborate on my customer service experience, mainly on call volume and how I resolved issues with customers. When asked if I had any questions for him I inquired when the hiring decision was expected to be made and when they would like the new hire to start. The interview lasted about 10 minutes give or take.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer service experience do you have? (i.e. over the phone or face to face)   Answer Question

Operations Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS Freight (Reading, MA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied on line after seeing a part-time position posted on indeed.com. Five days later I received a call, inquiring if I was still interested and letting me know the job was now full time, a union position, and since the job merged 2 part-time positions of different shifts, the starting shift would be an odd 7 PM - 3 AM, at least for a few months. I could deal with that for a few months. As I had read what wonderful benefits the company had and as it was a union position, which I felt insured a good wage and working conditions, I intereviewed 3 days after the initial contact.
    I interviewed with a young man with HR, who traveled from site to site. He was pleasant and described the job function, reiterated it was a union position, and inquired about my work style, i.e., do I need to be supervised or can I work independently? He was upfront about the benefits, which would not begin until after a year, with the exception of healthcare which could kick in after 3 months (or 45 punches according to union rules). That is what surprised me: no accrued vacation time, no paid holidays, (no shift differential ever), for the first year. Having had a brief tour of the office, and this was an office position, I thought okay, maybe in addition to the odd shift and now delayed benefits, I could live with this, after all, it was a permanent position with UPS.
    Then I met the manager, an older gentleman, who pulled no punches about the job. It's union with a hefty initiation fee and monthy dues equivalent to 2.5 hours of pay. Five vacation days after 1 year and 3 discretionary days. From years 2-6, 10 vacation days. The pay went from $14/hr to $15/hr after 90 days and would cap at $18/hr after four years. Again, no shift differential. Then as if he really wanted to paint the job a misery, he explained I would work in a "Dock shack" on the loading dock (not the offices I was shown by the HR person), this shack had no heat or air conditioning or desk for that matter. It had a counter top and stool and in the winter, space heaters. He explained it wasn't efficient for the drivers to walk their paperwork into the office. I recall saying I would need a chair. I should have asked to see the "shack" but I really was convinced he just wanted to paint the worst picture possible. I also was floored that a union would consider the "shack" condtions acceptable. Additionally, he felt compelled to tell me I would be surrounded with 18-19 year olds as if to add to the chaotic atmosphere.
    I left the interview (about 45 minutes total) feeling this company was different than the one I read about, the one with great benefits and life/work balance. I felt the pay scale to be less than competitive, the culture to be male dominated and a bit condescending towards women, and the benefits, especially vacation time to be from the dark ages.
    Two days later I sent the HR person an e-mail asking to be withdrawn from consideration for the position because of the working conditions as described by the manager, not the odd shift which had limited the pool of candidates. HR did not respond to my e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Can I work in a "shack" on the loading dock with no heat or air conditioning?   1 Answer

Operations Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS Freight (Memphis, TN (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Apply online go in for interview take a quiz watch a couple of videos take a tour of the building and go home to wait for a call to come in to work

Interview Questions

• What can you offer this company   1 Answer

Operations Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS Freight (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed by an asst. terminal manager who looked at my application and said it looks pretty good. He looked extremely distracted and did not look like he was prepared.

Interview Questions

• The only thing I was asked is what hours could I work?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.