Uber Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Uber Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Uber

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Highly unimpressed with the professionalism and preparedness of the recruiter. Bordering on disrespectful and condescending. Didn't seem genuinely interested in my experience or me as a person. Showed no evidence that he had reviewed my background or was attempting to find a fit during the call. If he represents the rest of the group, no thank you. If you value humility and decency, this company wouldn't be my first recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Uber?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through a couple of rounds of phone interviews, then 3 rounds of onsite interviews, 2 in San Francisco, one in Palo Alto. I have no major issue with the planning for the interview, but it seems like an inordinate amount of time, to eventually be told I do not have the experience they were looking for, after feedback from prior sessions was so positive. I mean "not enough software engineering experience", after an 11 year career? Give me a break!

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my client engagement tactics, sourcing techniques.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I interviewed for a Recruiter position at Uber. I got to a 4th round interview and I was told by HR that I was loved by other members of the interviewers and I was the only one who got this far for the position. 3 days later they told me they went with someone else. Why would the HR person make it seem like I had it in the bag when that was clearly not the case? disappointed with this company is an understatement. Do better Uber. Do. Better.

Interview Questions

• What is something you believe that others thin is crazy   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Recruiter talking to recruiter.. s/he seemed new and:

1. didn't have actual recruiting experience
    2. didn't try to sell me on Uber, very arrogant -- "why wouldn't anyone want to work here"
    3. R4R had no prior recruiting experience, how can someone evaluate another recruiter in this fashion?

Advice: don't ask someone/corp recruiter/R4R to interview a seasoned recruiter.. s/he seemed very intimidated by my background. Uber HR should be embarrassed.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was selected to attend a two day recruiting event where we completed a team building exercise, a case study, and table interviews. Jonathan was my main recruiter in addition to Chris from HR, and they both were beyond amazing. I had such an amazing experience meeting and greeting the team! Some started calling me the Michigander (totally a real thing)! I absolutely loved it and it truly brought light to the amazing culture that is Uber. Great job team!

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult hiring manager you have had to close and why?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber in January 2013.

Interview

It was a very casual and information conversation with the recruiter. It was easy to set up the initial call and then a very friendly and open discussion regarding the position and compensation.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The girl I spoke to on the phone seemed bored, asked follow up questions that didn't make sense, and overall was not friendly. I was disappointed because I felt very qualified for the position and get I wasn't given a real chance. After I answered each question she kept asking "but what was your role?" even after I described it.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email saying they were interested in speaking with me. You then picked out times on a calendar to speak with someone. Overall the process was described as 2 phone screens. then presumably an onsite

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested?
      Which clients have you worked with in the past?
      How do you source for particularly difficult roles?
      what would you manager say about you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Very long and arduous... Tough technical questions about engineering; must do a presentation in front of team
    ..….…
    People on interview panel were generally friendly and excited about Uber.

The offer extend process was a bit chaotic; there were three people I never met during the interview process who were now discussing and extending my offer.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I spoke to multiple recruiters on the phone throughout the interviews. Otherwise, it was a smooth process. Everyone I met with during the onsite was very passionate about the product, the company, and the company direction. They were all warm and welcoming, and you can tell they all love what they do. Overall, the onsite interview was an enjoyable process.

The piece that was difficult was the offer. From the start, no one spoke to me about current comp or expectations. They sourced me and I was passive, so I was somewhat shocked they never spoke to me about it. Once the offer came, I tried negotiating. They budged a little, but what made me ultimately reject it was once the recruiter called me back for the counter offer, she told me she didn't think my heart was in it. As a woman, I'm curious if that statement was because I was negotiating. I negotiate w/my candidates all the time, and I've never said that to someone that tried to get more money. I think it's expected for people to negotiate when you get to the offer stage, especially when it's never been discussed. I was shocked when she said that, and wondered if she would've said that to a male candidate.

Overall, the offer process could be improved upon, but the onsite interview was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• One part of the interview had some pretty technical questions that were somewhat difficult, but the rest of the questions were what you would expect at an interview for a recruiter.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.