Uber UberX Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Uber UberX Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at Uber

1.3

UberX Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Applied online, once I was told that the service is coming to the area, I had to upload pictures of my vehicle, submit insurance and registration information, and consent to a background check. Once that all passed, I met with the Uber rep to get my iPhone and start driving.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

UberX Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Must have a newer model car
    Clean driving record and clean background
    You should have knowledge of the city and be personable.
    If you like driving, you won't be disappointed. There is plenty demand out there.

UberX Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

No interview process. Sign up with existing driver when sign up bonuses are available. Submit required documents (Driver's License, Insurance Info, Vehicle Registration and agree to a background check. Once the background check passes, you will be able to download driver's app, read how to be a driver on their website and you start driving. I was given no formal training and started to drive with no idea what I was doing. Now they provide more information but no training.

UberX Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uber (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

No interview at all everythings over the internet Great oppurtunity if you want money quick and fast kinda painful on your butt if your thinking full time though

Interview Questions

• Licence and registration information and bank account details for pay.   Answer Question

UberX Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uber (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

There is no interview. You'll have to submit your registration and insurance documents and they'll do a background check. That's it. Kind of creepy, actually. Just because you don't have an arrest record doesn't mean you'll be a good representative for the company. I suppose they just have too many people hiring on as drivers to do interviews. And the turn-over has got to be super-high, so the hire-rate probably won't let up any time soon.
    Also, no drug screen. Again, probably a cost issue, but scary. I may drive for Uber, but I'm unlikely to ride with them since I know more than one driver who's a user and the company doesn't check for that.

UberX Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber in February 2016.

Interview

No interview. Just fill out your info and agree to a background check.
    You'll need to make your car payments, insurance payments, smart phone data payments, gas payments, car washes and car maintenance in order to do this job. Also, maintain at least a 4.7 star rating by passengers. Also, accept a minimum of 80% of the ride requests they send to you. For an independent contractor, there's a lot of employee-style rules. They suggest YOU buy bottled water and offer it to your passengers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a 4-door car?
      Is your car somewhat new?
      Do you agree to submit to a background check?
      Pretty much, if you meet their basic criteria and can pass a background check, you can drive for them.   Answer Question

UberX Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Uber (Baltimore, MD (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted requested documents. Registration, proof of 1+ years of driving, basic information. Unfortunately, the MVA proof of driving history was too complicated for Uber to understand. I had been driving for 16 years when I applied for the job. My three year driving history only listed two events: March 2014 license renewal and previous license returned, and August 2013 new car title. Despite the license entry being a 'renewal', Uber stated there was no proof I had been driving for longer than a year. Most driver's licenses expire every 3-5 years. One might be able to assume if I was renewing my license then that meant my previous license was 3-5 years old. Because of the convoluted system Uber had in place at the time, it took months to rectify this issue in my application.

UberX Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

They checked my car's brakes, seat belts, windshield, head lamps, signals, tires, seats, body and taillights. Ask some question about my previous experience as a driver. Asked my insurance. Checked driver's licence. Took my photo for my profile. Gave me the Uber sticker for windshield.

UberX Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uber (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on line. Submitted docs: reg, insurance, CDL and car inspection form, back ground check. They were very slow in processing but have gotten better. Carry barf bags if you drive late nights. It would be a great job if there was compensation that reflected the markets willingness to pay. The service is undervalued to compete with Lyft and keep new companies out. It's a shame because its a great service but with a revolving door unless the driver is stuck in the role for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Would I give authorization for a background check.   1 Answer

UberX Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

you apply, and have a background check....sometimes you may meet with a local rep. They will give you paper work explaining more of what you should expect as a driver.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.