Ultimate Software Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor.co.in

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Stage 1: HR phone screening; Stage 2: 4-person panel interview

- Overall unprofessional interview, panel did not read the resume judging by the questions asked, was rude....interview felt more like an interrogation (they asked for the names of the people I worked with from managers and colleagues).
    - They conducted a background check without consent (despite withdrawing candidacy).
    - Realized later that this panel consisted of acquisition folks (probably not trained in soft skills for interviewing for a large company).
    - HR was extremely professional and deserves the only star.

- DO NOT get fooled by the reviews on Glassdoor and the Careers page on the corporate website as this doesn't apply to the Toronto office.
    - Office seems to be less diverse (mostly new grads, apart from mgmt).
    - Location good and is a new open-concept office.

Interview Questions

• 1) Behavioral questions
      2) Intrusive data on work history (names of colleagues/managers, their roles, reporting structure)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took a month to start the interview process

The interview process consisted of 3 stages.
    1. Phone interview
    2. Hacker rank questions
    3. 2 onsite interviews

The first interview was technical and the interviewers seemed unhappy to be conducting the interviews and felt like they were disinterested from the get go.
    Simple questions and white boarding session included database normalization, OOP,
    Algorithm.

Interview with management was even worse, they also seemed to be disinterested and annoyed to be there, it almost felt like they were just going though the motions.

After the interviews I was told I would be hearing from them in a week, however, that week turned into a two months just to be told they have a hiring freeze and I never got a formal yes or no, needless to say we weren’t a good fit.

-Probably worst communication I’ve ever seen from HR.

-I’d be very sceptical of the company reviews, my personal experience does not reflect many of the reviews posted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

They provide you a link to Hackerank test which consisted of 12 questions.
    10 questions were multiple choice on javascript. The last 2 were programming questions that could be solved in any programming language.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

8 interviews. They really want to be sure they are hiring the right people. Once people get in here, they never want to leave. Process started over the phone with HR, then 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

Onsite interview. I could tell immediately that this company does not respect candidates' time. I had already completed an online coding test and received positive feedback from an on-campus recruiter. However, it took over 2 weeks to schedule the interview because the HR person-in-charge kept telling me her previously proposed times were actually not available (this happened 4 times). Obviously either this company did not care about candidates or they invited far too many candidates than reasonable for interviews (I believe the latter is true). Regardless, once I arrived onsite there was literally nobody to be seen - not at the front desk, not walking around, nowhere. I had to wait 20 minutes for an engineer to see me and even more time for the front desk person to come back and let me in. The interview was alright - the engineers were very friendly, but they asked exactly 1 technical question and talked mostly about how great the company is. I fail to see how this would prove any candidate's competency at all. I was told I would receive feedback but instead got an automated rejection letter. As an HR company, this place is pretty pathetic, and I will never apply here again and ensure others at my campus hear my experience.

Interview Questions

Ultimate Software Response

18 Dec 2018 – Talent Operations Specialist

We're really sorry to hear about your experience interviewing for our Toronto office. We value your feedback and look forward to continuously improving in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and contacted by internal recruiter. Scheduled a phone introduction. Was told I would be contacted within 1-2 business days for further steps. Followed up 1.5 business days later, no response. Followed up again an additional day later. No response. Still no response after a week. Emailed back the recruiter and withdrew my application.

18 Mar 2019 – Talent Operations Specialist

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to continuously improving in the future.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a telephone interview - the interviewer was 30 mins late, i did get a email that they would be late and could reschedule, but that was already 10 mins into the scheduled time, so I waited as I made arrangements to be out of office in my current role. .

The next steps were to have a call with the hiring manager the following week and I had heard nothing in a week. I reached out to the interviewer (HR) and three weeks later still nothing. Unfortunately, I would have expected a return email with a update either way. I booked time out of my schedule to meet. I understand that really experience with one person and not the whole, company, but it really questions the "people first" mission.

Interview Questions

• Asked me why I was applying for the Role and what I thought of the Role.   1 Answer

2 Jul 2018 – Talent Operations Specialist

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.