UnitedHealth Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people for the opening, most of whom would have been peers in the position. The questions asked were painfully cliche. "What is your greatest weakness". Seriously? What's yours!? This has to be one of the most worthless questions to ask someone. The rest of the questions were basically along those lines. They were all vague questions that someone could have printed off 5 minutes before the interview from a quick google search. I'm always amazed when I walk out of a 30-60 minute interview and little (if anything) about my specific skills are discussed. It's always worthless questions along the lines of "what would you do if the sky fell". It was obvious that no one in the process has an original thought as to conducting an interview. In hindsight I am very glad I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

Pre-screen call went through some basics including what my salary requirements were. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 telephone interview which lasted about 45 mins. During the call the interviewer spent a lot of time discussing what sounded like a chaotic environment and asking me how I responded to stress, if I worked well without supervision, how receptive I was to change. The conversation went well and I was invited to a face to face interview a week later at their Irvine location.

The interview was with a group. I think they wanted to get a feel for me and see how I would interact with the team. The interview lasted about an hour and since it was a group interview it can be a little exhausting because you are basically getting pinballed around the table from one interview question to the next. I guess I had a few misfires because I did not get called back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • If you were handed a project where the only information you were given was the project name and nothing else what would you do?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Ask my salary expectation.
    What's your strengths and weaknesses

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Entire process took about a month and a half

First step: Recruiter phone interview
    Second step: Phone interview w/ one of the hiring managers
    Third step: In-person one-on-one interviews w/ the team. Be prepared to complete a case study, presentation, and answer behavioral interview questions.

I received an offer a week after my in-person interviews. Spent another week in the HR negotiation phase then officially accepted a week later. Background check and drug screening will add another 1-2 weeks to the timeline.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

UnitedHealth Group Response

7 Aug 2018 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience! Sincerely, Natasha N. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

First phone call wasn't an interview - just a 5 minute call to confirm legal questions (eg: eligible to work in U.S., how many years of experience you have in analytics, etc.)
    Second phone interview was requested with someone not on the team - just a recruiter. I decline it because I accepted another role with a faster recruitment process

I was told by insiders in this company I was a top 2 candidate but the process took far too long to remain competitive - about 3 weeks just to get the initial call that wasn't even a phone interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

1st Round is generally a recorded video interview that can be completed at your convenience withing a 72 hour window.
    2nd Round is generally a general 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter
    3rd Round is with the actual team or someone from it.
    4th Beyond - depends...

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hartford, CT (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty normal interview process. first had to do a digital interview where there were preselected questions and you had to record yourself answering them. it was a little awkward but the questions were relitively straightforward. After you pass the digital interview, you are invited to meet in person. The first round of questions were all about your resume. Be sure that your resume is up-to-date and accurate because they will ask you everything you did. After they ask about your resume, they ask you a round of situational questions which are easy to answer if you have any previous work experience. Then They tell you more about the position, and after that, it is your turn to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• -Situational, tell me a time when...?
      -Can you tell me about a time when you had to manage multiple tasks and how you would prioritize them?
      -Is there anything that is not on your resume that you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied online, the whole process took about two months. First, they emailed me to invite me for a online video screening within 24 hours. The process took about 13 minutes, four questions. It was weird, felt like nonsense talk to yourself. Then the recruiter asked me for a short phone interview, very general questions. Then I was asked to do another phone interview with the hiring manager, it was semi-casual, took about 25-30 minutes, mainly introducing the company and the job along with answering questions you may have. Finally I had an onsite 3 hours interview with the hiring manager and other managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current job
      what is your current salary
      why you want to leave your current job   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2016.

Interview

Interviews are for both sides, Company and Applicant. United Health Group, in my experience, was a very poor candidate. They look good on paper, but they blew the interview. Five (5) interviews, spanning over 3 months total. 3 weeks after the "final" (5th) interview, after numerous unanswered attempts (via email and phone) to inquire on status, they tell me they chose an internal applicant. Very poor communication. I feel they had an opportunity to communicate the progress of their decision as a common courtesy, and they failed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with [X] software in your previous role   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

After having your resume selected via a recruiter, or a job that you targeted, you will be selected. This selections entails a phone call with the recruiter and some background information. If they find you to still be a good candidate they will pass on your name to a hiring manager. At that point the hiring manager will give you a call and do a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.