UnitedHealth Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

2. What do you know about UnitedHealth Group?
3. What can you do for UnitedHealth Group?
4. Why do you want to work for UnitedHealth Group?
5. Tell me the latest UnitedHealth Group headline you read. What are your thoughts on how that will impact UnitedHealth Group?
6. If you were in a team involved in a secret UnitedHealth Group project, how would you refrain from telling your significant other, friends, family, etc?
7. Where do you see UnitedHealth Group's products?
8. How can you relate the goals you have for yourself to the goals of UnitedHealth Group?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2009.

Interview

The first step of the interview process is a phone interview with a recruiter. He was interested in just one thing. Are you willing to work for a very low wage?

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The entire panel of interviewers seemed inept.   1 Answer
    • Describe what you did during the Great Recession.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the worst part of the Great Bush recession, there wasn't much negotiation. Compared offer with contractor rates at that time. Requested a raise later.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is fairly standard. There were very few surprise questions, although it was still a comprehensive interview. Expect to spend an hour to explain your case. They do let you talk on your own. Don't expect the interviewer to draw the information out from you. If you are shy, then practice presenting your case and giving information.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any "difficult" or unexpected questions. There are lots of follow-up questions, so expect to be very detailed about your experiences and how they affected you, your employees, and your customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward. Little room for negotiation. It did take a while, quite drawn out for a position they needed to fill "right away".

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Typically there is an initial interview by telephone or in person with one manager to screen for basic compatibility. A second interview typically happens with several managers together or separately, and usually (but not always) face-to-face. There can be a third interview with team leads.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people or situations? Give an example.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They wanted to know how to keep me happy, given that salary increases tend to be small. The process was professional, straightforward, and easy.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (East Windsor, NJ (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Got an employee referral. About a month went by after my online application until I got a call from HR. HR asked about my employment history and salary requirements then she said she would forward my resume to the hiring manager. A few weeks later, the hiring manager's secretary called to set up the interview.
    First, I had to go to the secretary. She walked me to another part of the building and seated me in the conference room. The structure of the face-to-face interview was pretty basic. There were three of them; the hiring manager and his two associates. The hiring manager didn't ask me to tell me about myself first. He actually described the position for me first. Even though the job says "Business Analyst," you're not really analyzing business at all--it's a customer service job. You would handle member benefits and their question. Think of it as if you would call to a company to get help to log in the company website or to figure out how to access benefits, etc.--it's that type of job. Sure, there would be the pivots, macros, vlookups, and other Excel related stuff, but the gist of the job is customer service. This job entails using Access heavily. Thus, the title is somewhat misleading.
    The two other associates themselves even mentioned that they aren't that well seasoned with the programs there as well. The office seemed pretty laid back, somewhat boring. Your typical cubicles are there. It looked like another sit at your desk and be on the phone type of job. I was expecting true analytical work with this job; not handle customers who forgot how to log in to their computer. It should be renamed with a customer service named attached to it. They're willing to pay +40k.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

it started with an initial screeening from the HR followed by an interview with the hiring manager , then with the director and eneded by a face to face interviews with the product managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

START AT A HIGHER SALARY SO THAT U HAVE SPACE TO BARGAIN

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Brentwood, TN (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I submitted my application 2 days after it appeared on an online job board. I received a call 2 days later to set up an screening interview with HR via phone. Two weeks later I had the screening intervew. I was emailed several documents to look at and was told I would hear from them within 2 weeks for another phone interview. I had a total of 4 phone interviews and one 1:1 interview. I am an IT professional, and none of the people who interviewed me knew anything about IT and told me so. I received an offer about 6 weeks after I sent my application in and started working 2 weeks later. What a mistake that was! I have now found a company that will make an offer the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses. Wow - how original and unexpected!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got what I asked for so I didn't negotiate. I guess I should have

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baltimore, MD (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

1. Phone screen.
    2. In-person - I was there for several hours and met with 5 different people in the organization.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or gotcha questions during the interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be willing to negotiate during the hiring process. After you are hired it will be difficult for you to get a raise without a job title change and additional duties. There is little in the way of perks that the company can negotiate other than salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I did not hear back either way regarding whether or not I was hired. Not exactly professional.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is as in-depth as most with a company this size. You must know where you fit and how you will benefit the company as a whole to be successful in the interview.

Interview Questions

Accepted another offer at another nearby company

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.