UnitedHealth Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Asked for documents that were over 30 years old. They asked questions not revelant to the position. Recruiter was not informed on any of the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Where I wanted to be career wise in 5 years but did not understand the position at ll.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

Online application. Recruiter through Texas contacted me for phone screening. Passed my information onto the hiring manager in NV. Phone interview with hiring manager. Several weeks went by and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. I answered several questions and then was asked to sit in the HM's chair and perform some technical tasks while HM sat next to me. It was a very good experience for me and challenging. I enjoyed the interaction and the practical approach to skills assessment. I even learned something! I did not hear for several weeks over the holidays but then was contacted by HM. He stated he was starting the process for a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• In person skills assessment. I gave myself a C-, but was offered the job because of my personality and my potential.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had done my research and felt comfortable countering. UHG held firm on base wage for the pay grade, but accepted start date I needed and pre approved vacation time. Ultimately my C- is why I think they held firm at base.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Two interviewers were interviewing me. Both were very friendly and very personable - you could tell they cared for something that they worked for, which really highlights the overall culture of the company. Both interviewers were in high level positions, one being a leader of project manager while another working at the company for more than 15 years. Essentially the interview process was just to get a better see of how the interviewee is and how he or she coincides with the company's values and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were in a team setting and had to manage conflicting ideas/opinions/people.

Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Interview

Only had one phone interview for this position it was very informal. The manager was very down to earth and didn't ask the typical HR questions. Once I was hired the manager had a laptop, printer and phone shipped to my house.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation needed for this position

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Elkridge, MD (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied Online. Initial phone screening, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. I was brought in for face-to-face interview with other business analysts first, then the hiring manager and an IT manager. Was supposed to meet another senior manager like VP but never did.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

The initial communication was via email. Phone calls followed for pre-interview questions. Drug tests were then administered. The interview was granted, scheduled and re-scheduled. Interviewer was running late. The interview was informal with only one supervisor. Follow up phone calls and email with offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you distressed by frequent change?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and after a short chat she set up a phone interview for me. After the initial interview I was asked in for a final interview with the Director of the business unit I was applying for. He sat me down and asked a series of basic interview questions, none that were surprising. He seemed more interested in my character and personality than having me display my skills.

Interview Questions

• There were none that were unexpected. A lot about my previous work and problem solving. He also told me a lot about the job and guaged my willingness to do the work in the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted iniital offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Received an email that I was selected for the online interview. If you are selected, then you will have an inperson interview. Thereafter, you will receive an offer if you are selected.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process that is illustrated on their website was not followed. Contacted by hiring manager who conducted brief interview over the phone. Manager was looking for a very specific technical skill and when I didn't have it, the interview ended abruptly. I rearranged my day to answer one question that could have been answered in an email. His style was not someone I would have wanted to work for so when I went into my on-line profile to indicate I was no longer interested but he had already updated the profile to indicate that I was no longer being considered. Overall, I was quite frustrated by the whole process as the digital interview that they promote on-line seems very efficient such that multiple people can review your interview for future reference. This is not the case.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with database administration?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Carlsbad, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiters were easy to contact, great prep, and timely interview process. Team worked well together and I felt supported the entire time. Recruiter helped me understand the company before the interview and was very responsive.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.