UnitedHealth Group Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Quick response, video interview due to covid, recruiter was responsive and answered all questions. still waiting on results of interview. the time from submission of application to the time for an interview was quick

Interview Questions

• explain a time you handled a difficult customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interviews were fine, nothing too difficult. Everyone was pleasant. My issue is with how long everything took. My background check took too long. I was told I couldn't start on 8/31, okay I assumed there would be a claims class starting after that, because they were doing interviews and the listing was still on the website. I wasn't called until 9/10, after reaching out to the recruiter listed, and was then informed I don't have a job and no one called me earlier because my recruiterwas "out" (even though I completed my onboarding with payroll and tax info and even got a "swag" box in the mail. I was told I could apply for something else as my background check was good for 8 weeks. Excuse me? I quit my previous job for this position!!! So now I don't have a job and the only positions I can see listed are above my level OR customer service which I don't want to do, that's why I applied for the claims job. I'm just so upset and literally have no recourse and I'm now not working during a pandemic when unemployment is skyrocketing. So just make sure you have enough time for everything to clear before quitting your current job. I knew I was cutting it close but like I said I just figured if they're cutting it close they must have at least 1 more class scheduled. But I guess not.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with a team to meet goals?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter from HR about 3 weeks after I applied, she asked me a few preliminary questions and verified information on my account online. I then heard back a few days later and was given a date for an in-person interview. I had a group interview with 3 people, both were managers in the department (one later became my supervisor) and one was from HR, but she was on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How did you come across UnitedHealth's job openings, and what made you want to apply here?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

A couple days after submitted resume I received a call back. A phone interview is done over the phone. If pass an inperson interview is given. Arrived early to interview. Noticed the atmosphere was not very pleasant because while waiting to be interviewed a couple of individuals came in and I smiled and said hi and they didnt smile back. They gave me this unpleasant look. Come to find out these were the individuals that would be interviewing. During the interview the job description was given with benefits but it was stressed how hard the job was and was asked did this job scare you off. I went through the interview anyway till the end. However, I could tell that I didnt stand a chance in being selected. Seems like to me this is the type of job where you will have to be buddies and the hangout gossip type. The atmosphere seems like it would be horrible to work in and you would be overworked and underappreciated and the pay is not even enough for the type of tasks you would be given. Every job has its challenges that is not a reason to not want to work in this position just because its hard. Just seems like I was pre-judged before I was even interviewed. This would be a company I would not want to work for and wouldn't have the confidence that you can grow.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

It's good too study for it because they'll ask you what you know about UHC and it's also good too know how Microsoft excel and word work. That's something they like.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2017.

Interview

After receiving a call to set up a phone interview, I received a call on morning at the time arranged to talk. Right off the bat I could tell the connection was bad but proceeded with the dialog, I had to continually ask for a repeat of the question or comment. Further it was impossible to establish any rapport with the interviewer. The total conversation ran about 35-40 minutes. As soon as I got off the phone I knew there was no 'connection.' And 48 hours later I received the Dear John email...
    One of the worst interview experiences I have ever had!

Interview Questions

• What is an additional task you have been asked to perform and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What has been a recent business success?   Answer Question
    • What were your job duties at (previous job)?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview kept being pushed back. When I finally had one I was told class was going to start in a certain month. The month came with no call or update so I had to call to be informed it was being pushed another two months. Isn’t something most people can sit around and wait for.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Completed two phone interviews for telecommute position. Standard interview questions. Past work experience, behavioral situations, etc. Hiring manager was pleasant and very informative of the position. Still pending a response, hopeful to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you helped make a customer happy   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Wausau, WI (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

They make you do a phone interview first asking a lot of behavioral questions and if they find you to be a good fit they will schedule an in person interview

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed over the phone with a manager. The company had just received a new contract and was looking to hire a lot of people. Therefore the interview process was really basic questions.

Interview Questions

• It was an behavioral interview but I honestly don't remember the exact interview questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.