Find jobs for Consultant

UnitedHealth Group Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 3 Sep 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 3.7K interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

It was a three round interview process plus lunch with current employee. It was well organized and I interviewed with 2 other people. The interviews lasted about 30 minutes each plus a written and timed assessment section.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have that is relevant?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA)

Interview

The interview process consisted of one over the phone interview with a recruiter, which was followed by several online applications/screens. An in-person interview was set about a week or two later, however HR did not give preference to the times I had requested. Furthermore, of the 4 interviews scheduled for the in-person, two were held over the phone. So, not really conducive to the interview process of taking a whole day off to really meet with two people.

Interview Questions
  • What is your understanding of what a consultant is? How do you conduct a lit review?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baltimore, MD) in Mar 2018

Interview

Learned a lot about the company. Complex structure, employees are confused about it too. Interviewer was an employee working remotely. She was enthusiastic and helpful. There's nothing much else to say, but I need 30 words.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Chicago, WI) in Jul 2017

Interview

Easy Process if you've practiced a few times and put the time in. I would study recent news from our industry. Be prepared to share actual thoughts on current industry related topics, as well as, your own experiences with similar topics. Be able to tell your story well, know where you've been and where you're going.

Interview Questions
  • At this level you can forget about the odd questions, like "what type of animal would you be"? More specific to the industry and ones accomplishments.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in Feb 2017

Interview

Convoluted. Arrogant phone interview followed by several rounds of interrogating me about why I chose to major in philosophy as opposed to a more "well-rounded" business subject. I was horrified that the HR rep was so obnoxious. No way in hell I'd ever work at UHG!

Interview Questions
  • Why did you major in philosophy?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in Jan 2017

Interview

I applied for this position as an internal applicant. The process took about a little over a month from when I applied to when I received the official offer. The first thing that happened was about a week after I applied, I received an email inviting me to complete an interview using HireVue. It consisted of some pretty basic background questions, "why are you looking to change roles"..."what strengths would you bring to this role"...etc. I completed this and about a week after this, the Hiring Manager reached out to me by email and set up a date and time for a phone interview where more of the specifics of the position were discussed and I was asked some more in depth questions about my background and experience (I.e. " tell me about a time when you...."). The questions were not terribly hard and I felt comfortable during the whole process as it just seemed more like I was having a conversation with someone who wanted to get to know me. About a week after this I was notified that I would be completing a 2nd phone interview with another manager, who asked very similar questions. A little over a week went by and I was notified by the first interviewer that the Director of the department wanted to interview me by phone. Again, the questions were fairly similar to my first 2 phone interviews I had but with some more in depth discussion about my experiences as related to this role. All of my phone interviews went really well and I felt great after each one. This was a telecommute position so there was not a face-to-face interview in this process. I spoke the Director on a Wednesday, mid morning, and by that same Friday afternoon I received a verbal offer from HR and a written offer the Monday after.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience with starting a program from scratch.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hanover, NH) in Apr 2016

Interview

3 levels within the interview process. after each one, there is a review period before you move to the next one -first send in application 1. interview video 2. phone interview 3. in person interview

Interview Questions
  • 1. behavioral interview 2. why optum 3. why healthcare looking mainly for personality fit and willingness to be challenged and learn

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter interviewed me. It's very friendly and comfortable conversation. Professional recruiter and excellent company culture. Great interview experience. But after two weeks, the position is canceled, which is really sad.

Interview Questions
  • pretty basic, such as introduction of background and experience, your knowledge about this company, and what kind of opportunity to grow and develop.

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA) in Nov 2015

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we set up a time to talk about my background. She described what the position would entail and asked about my salary requirements, experience with quantitative research, large data sets, etc. She had me fill out a profile online so she could match it to the job opening. 2 weeks went by before I heard anything back. I heard back from another recruiter who set up 2 phone interviews. The first phone interview was very technical -- he asked about specific SAS code and various analysis techniques with SAS. He asked what I wanted Lewin to know about me. The conversation was easy-going -- and the interviewer was easy to talk to. The 2nd phone interview was a discussion about my research experience. A week later the recruiter set up an on-site interview. It was a long day of interviews with 5 people. 2 were over the phone. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I think it pays to be confident and comfortable. I asked lots of questions. There were no difficult questions. They asked about my experience with SAS and how comfortable I am with large datasets. They spent some time talking about the types of projects I would be working on.

Interview Questions
  • What type of analyses have you done in SAS? Have you used SAS macros? Tell me about a research project that you worked on? Why are you interested in Lewin?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX) in Apr 2015

Interview

Have an interview with the hiring manager, then a panel interview, and if you are selected for the position there is several layers of on boarding. It is easy, but it definitely tedious & there are some items that are time sensitive (drug test).

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews