UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.4

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview with the company was great. However, the hiring service they use is invasive. Requested my w2's from the past 2 years. Prior salary has nothing to do with the present position. If you have a budget set why ask for someone's w2's?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Two managers ask you questions of scenario and must explain in details what you did in the situation. You get a phone interview and then move to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for United Health group?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied, took assessments, got a call with a potential start date along with training hours and salary info. 2 days later was a phone interview, I was told someone would contact me for an in person interview in a couple of days. 4 days later a recruiter calls me at 5 o'clock in the morning, obviously not realizing that I am on pacific time. I did not get to the phone in time and they did not leave a message. During business hours, I contacted UHG recruiters by phone, email, and chat. I repeated this every day for a week after that missed call... all to no avail. I found it nearly impossible to get a hold of any of the recruiters. Anyone I made contact with along the way, that took a message, spoke terrible English and was extremely difficult to understand. Finally, after a week of reaching out to them, waiting and wondering what's up, I get an email from UHG that says "we're sorry you have withdrawn your application". Funny thing is... I did NOT withdraw my application! Clearly there is a huge problem with communication at this company. I find it interesting how they say on their career website that they will keep you posted "every step of the way" as you advance through the hiring process, yet my experience was the exact opposite of that. The good news is, all the time I had to sit by the phone and wait for that call back, well it gave me the opportunity to research this company a little closer. I see now that they probably did me a favor by not returning the call. From the sound of things, I would be going from bad to worse in terms of an employer. After looking at all the comments from current and former customer service advocates who posted about their negative experiences on this and other sites ... it seems quite clear that they are miserable and disgusted with their position and the way UHG treats the staff. There is a video you can watch that portrays the position you are applying for. It was everything I was looking for in a job. But now that I had a chance to hear how others portray the job, I believe them! These are real people, who are in the trenches, doing the actual job everyday. I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time and effort preparing myself for employment with this place. First of all, a company that phones a person at 5 o'clock in the morning to talk business, is just plain wrong! A company where you need to leave a dozen follow up messages and no one knows or understands what your talking about makes matters even worse! Seems to me this company is one big unorganized mess that should exercise the core values that they brag about all over their website. From where I'm standing they breached every one of them! My suggestion to UHG would be to have more INTEGRITY and COMPASSION, and value RELATIONSHIPS with potential new employees that want to be part of your company. Get a handle on your INNOVATION and PERFORMANCE to improve on communication. In other words... WALK THE TALK! My suggestion to applicants is don't put all your eggs in the UHG basket, don't hold your breath waiting for them to answer you, and for further details simply refer to comments posted on several sites, from actual employees past and present, to realize that you're really not missing out on anything special. Do yourself a favor and don't waste a lot of time like I did. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Details regarding computer experience, previous positions held, some customer service examples   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There were screening test to make sure you can use the technology. Then an in person interview for the job. The screener tried to make the applicant at home prior to proceeding with the interview. The screening questions were asked and then they proceeded to explain the environment and expectations. The job seeker had a pretty good idea of what they were walking into once they finished the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a job that requires you to be on the phone all day.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews and then if passed each one, then personal interview. All phone interviews lasted a minimum of 45 min. Testing online prior to first phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a person was very upset and wanted several matters handled when calling in?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Quick friendly phone interview after my video interview. That was about a week ago. Was told to expect to hear back by Monday. It was a holiday so still waiting anxiously.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewis Center, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Lewis Center, OH (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy and the information about it is on the website for you to view prior to the interview. The person I spoke with was very nice and sounded very caring and compassionate. It was short and sweet.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Concord, NC (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. You go in and sit down with a recruiting agent. After the interview they ask for you to sit down and wait. If that is the case, then you got the job. They call you back for a drug test soon after

Interview Questions

Negotiation

acceptance letter. 12 an hour

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Centennial, CO (US)).

Interview

If you are breathing they will hire you. There is no interview process.

Interview Questions

• No question is hard. The recruiters are dumb and only want to make sure you can use a computer and talk at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on any thing.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Fast and not very personable. Did not answer any questions I asked. Did not give any insite to the job itself. Had no idea what I was doing until I went in on the first day

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.