UnitedHealth Group Nurse Practitioner Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 3.8K interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in Jul 2020

Interview

First met with Recruiter whi asked a few questions. Then was sent email arranging phone interview with regional manager for LA area. Thought it was strange, as the position is in the Pacific NW. The Manager asked questions about dealing with difficult clients in their homes, was I afraid of dogs, ect. I asked how much time is given to commute between scheduled clients, how are client appointments given. Explained that traffic in this area could be reached slow. She said that you would give clients a fifteen minute window of time for arriving for their gome visit. When I pushed her for a more realistic clarification of what kind of scheduling info patients are told she said that when she was going to patient homes, ( before becoming a Manager, I guess) she would call patient the night before and tell them they are first:second/third on the mornings or afternoon visits scheduled. She didn’t seem to like my asking her for more real world explanations of their Home visit scheduling scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • Are you afraid of being in certain areas/neighborhoods?
    1 Answer

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

I received correspondence and an informal interview about my background the day after applying from the recruiter. It was several weeks before the hiring manager called me very early ~7:30am as a "screening." She only focused on the negative aspects of the job. She was concerned about me being a military spouse due to "longevity." She also seemed more concerned about my RN experience rather than my provider experience, which I felt odd. After correspondence with 3 recruiters trying to get an update, I was told by email SIX weeks after the "screening" that I was not selected. I suspected I was not chosen based upon my marital status. Despite this, I applied for another position for which I knew I lined up perfectly with my background and even spoke with the recruiter about submitting another application. I never received correspondence.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in Mar 2019

Interview

You are first contacted by a recruiter, then passed along to the initial interview with someone in HR. The next step is an interview with the clinical management team.

Interview Questions
  • Education and work experience and specifically how it relates to the job you applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Saint Louis, MO) in Nov 2018

Interview

The company responded quickly ,after the dates of availability were presented for the telephone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and make me feel relaxed. I always read the mission statement and researched the company , before applying for the company . This help me determine whether I was a fit for this company. I would advice anyone interviewing for this company to do the same.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for this company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richmond, VA) in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took 1 week. I received a phone call from HR recruiter to schedule an over the phone screening interview which lasted approximately 30 minutes. She was very professional. She was basically reviewing my resume and telling me information about the company along with the benefits of the position. At the end, she informed me that she would forward my resume on to the hiring manager and he would be in touch to schedule another interview. I received a phone call the next day from the Clinical Team Manager and set an interview for the following day. It was a phone interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. I was told that I was a strong candidate and that I would hear something from HR within 1 week regarding their decision. As he had stated, I received an email the following week from HR informing me that I did not receive the job. They were both very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?
  • Are you comfortable visiting people in their home? Community health?
  • Tell me about a time that you had a difficult patient and how you handled it.
  • What are some of your short/long-term goals?
  • Do you feel comfortable diagnosing conditions without diagnostic testing?
  • Tell me about a time that you witnessed something unethical in the workplace and what you did about it.
  • Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision without enough information. Explain your decision-making process.
  • How soon would you be able to start if offered the position?
  • Why did you become a nurse? A nurse practitioner?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in Aug 2018

Interview

the recruiter was super nice and our phone call went smoothly. I was comfortable answering basic interview questions asked by all potential employers. Try not to say umm? or ponder on a question for too long

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tampa, FL) in May 2018

Interview

Human Resource person was extremely helpful in providing the NP licensing information for Alabama. The Alabama Board of Nursing requires a collaborative physician be in place PRIOR to releasing an Alabama NP license, however, I was turned down for this particular position because I did not have an Alabama NP license. Catch-22 in place because of the Alabama NP licensing protocol. I have lost the opportunity to work at several organizations because I did not have an Alabama license. So instead of moving to Alabama next month as planned, I have had to move to Alabama immediately so I could try to find a collaborating MD so I could get my license. The UHG HR person reported she goes through this hundreds of times a month, being unable to hire highly qualified NPs because of the Catch-22. Her recommendation is that I obtain a PRN position anywhere at a smaller organization so I could get hired, obtain a collaborating MD, get my Alabama license then go get a full time job where I want. So I'm in Alabama jumping through the BON hoops.

Interview Questions
  • Are you currently licensed as an NP in Alabama.

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in Apr 2018

Interview

I received a email approximately one month after I applied. I agreed to a phone interview. I was interviewed by a recruiter. I was told the information with be sent to hiring manager. And if he is interested she will notify me in a week or two. After the interview she sent me the benefit package to review.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Columbia, MD) in Jun 2017

Interview

All phone interviews,you will be asked to elaborate about the info on your CV. I feel if you get a call, then you're most likely going to get the job. Managers are very busy, and don't have time to waste on folks who aren't UHG material.

Interview Questions
  • Typical type "so where do you see yourself in five years" type stuff. Nothing new or exciting.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in May 2017

Interview

2 stage process. First, received an email to schedule interview with HR. After interview with HR, they schedule a second interview with clinical manager at a location convenient for you. About 2 weeks after 2nd interview, received job offer.

Interview Questions
  • What are your past experiences? What do you think you be a good fit for our company? What would you do in certain scenarios
1 person found this interview helpful