UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviews went great. The questions were thorough and the interviewers knowledgeable. I felt very qualified for the position and was left with the impression I was a favored candidate. After the second interview which as just as positive as the first, I never heard anything again. I followed up with the interviewers and the hiring manager but never received a decision or feedback.

Interview Questions

• How important is follow up to you in the sense of responding to emails?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

submit application online, few months later, get a call from HR to schedule half an hour interview. then few months after that get a call to schedule an interview with hiring manager, then another call for a second interview with team members. The main problem with their process that it's slow and may take several months (6 months) in may case!

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions.
      Main question: how do you see your experience and skills fit in this position?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially, I received an email to participate in a digital interview. This came approximately one week after submitting my application online. The digital interview is a strange format, if you're not familiar with it. Basically you log onto a website, you're prompted with a few high-level questions, and your answers are recorded via webcam.

About a week after the digital interview, I received a call from a corporate recruiter inviting me to participate in a phone screen. The phone screen was short--probably 10-15 minutes--and focused primarily on basic qualifications (i.e., education, experience). I was also asked what my salary expectations were. It concluded with the recruiter scheduling a phone interview between me and the hiring manager for the next day.

The phone interview was about 45 minutes and consisted primarily of technical and role-based questions. I was glad to have prepared beforehand, otherwise some of the harder questions would have caught me off guard. Within 24 hours, I was contacted by another corporate recruiter to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was conducted by the hiring manager and 5-6 other members of the cross-functional development team (developers, testers, BAs, PMs). Questions were less technical--more focused on my work patterns, communication methods, team approach, and general demeanor to determine whether I was a cultural fit.

I received an offer of employment three days later. The entire process (application-to-offer) took 22 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to work directly with an end user to resolve or mitigate an application defect?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later I got a call from a recruiter doing a basic screening. After that I got a call to set up a call with the hiring manager for the next day. I interviewed with the manager and then the next day received the job offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted for the job on May 5, 2016. I had a digital interview using HireVue on May 11, then had a phone interview on May 17 with the recruiter. I had a phone interview with the hiring managers on May 25. Everyone I talked to were really nice and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join UHG?
      Why do you think we should hire you?
      Everything related to previous jobs.
      Every item listed under job responsibilities in the posting.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The process started with an email I received from HR stating "Congratulations!" you have been invited to an online video interview (to be completed in 48 hours). This was a very strange process as there was no contact with a recruiter. The process took about 15 minutes, four questions. After I submitted the video I received a "Thank you" email. After a week I received an email from an HR representative inviting and congratulating me to the next step, which was to interview with a team member from the hiring department. The interview was conducted via phone four days after this contact. After this interview, the same HR representative sent me an email that I was invited to interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview I received a "Thanks but no thanks" email from a recruiter. No people contact what so ever. Very strange. Needless to say there was no job offer, however it would have been nice to speak to someone since I ultimately made it to the third interview. Feel like I was just a number.

Interview Questions

• General questions on current role and how it would translate into this role.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2012.

Interview

Applied for the job online. First call was from HR and the second from the hiring manager. It takes UHG months to get back to you after you apply for the job - literally months - don't expect a quick turn-around, this is a slow moving corporation.

Interview Questions

• They really were not interested in my past experience or the work I had done - I am not ever sure they ever contacted my references. Not so many questions as explaining the work they needed done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - bascially it was a take-it or leave-it offer - never had a job like this before.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process starts with answering a few questions related to job requirements online. Nowadays recruiters are using hirevue - which requires sending a video recording of answers. This is followed by a phone screen by the team, supervisor, client and sometimes a technical interview. The technical interview moves from easy to hard questions. The remaining phone screens are relatively generic questions.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Manchester, NH (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from Recruiter one day after I apply the position.
    Scheduled for interview during one week.
    It was right before the holiday, so the hiring manager did inform me no decision will make after beginning of the year.
    At the end of January, got an email to inform that I wasnt being selected

Interview Questions

• what kind of working environment you would like to work?
      what type of management you would like?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Denver, CO (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

This position was a telecommunicating position. I would have been working out of a home office. Co-workers would be located all over the US. I had 2 interviews, both of which were phone interviews. Both phone interviews were disconcerting for me. I prefer face to face in person interviews. Phone interviews seem so impersonal and do not allow me to get feedback from body language, facial expressions, etc. I did not get a job offer, and the employer did not demonstrate the common courtesy of notifying me when I had been eliminated from consideration.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.