UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Listen...I can't make this stuff up! To say the least I was a nightmare! I was an employee of UHG all of a week before my background came back and HR called to terminate my employment. HR told me that I'd have to call First Advantage (the background check company) to create a dispute. Well, when I called to find out what was the issue with my background check, they told me they couldn't verify my SSN because I had a fraud alert on my Social. I was told I would need to call and have the credit alert lifted with all 3 credit agencies and then they would be able to verify my SSN. Sounds simple enough right? No! So, I did as I was told and called the credit agencies had the fraud alert lifted. FADV also asked that I send in a SSN-89 form so that they had an authorization on file to gain access to my SSN. I sent the SSN in several times to no avail. After I called back to check the status with FADV, they told me I hadn't sent the form back. Unreal. They sent a "Decisional" result to United which means nonfavorable. So because of this stupid hiccup, I'm out of a job. You all at United have got to do better. After reading complaints with the BBB, people have been denied a job for small reasons such as this from FADV. Do better! Beware with you apply!

Interview Questions

• Fair questions about my background   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. From application to job offer was only 1 week. I was an internal candidate. I first met with the hiring manager and then a manager that report to the hiring manager. The next day I met with 2 other senior business analysts. Both interviews were pretty casual just getting to know me and really understand my experience. I tried to really highlight how my current role and the skills I have will prepare me for this new role. The only downside is that recruiting CLEARLY had not discussed my start date with my hiring manager. Recruiting at this company in general is a mess.

Interview Questions

• When you get a new smartphone, how do you go about learning its features?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a full afternoon of on-site interviews at their corporate office (3 hours) with multiple other candidates. Upon arrival, the candidates split up into groups for a tour of the building and then proceeded to individual interviews. There were 3 back-to-back 30 minute interviews total, which were mostly behavioral. Each interviewer left time at the end of each interview for you to ask them questions. The afternoon concluded with a panel discussion with current employees in the Consulting Development Program (CDP) to hear about their experiences and ask any other questions you might have about the role and the company!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Three part Interview consisting of introduction at a job fair, next day interview on site at Job fair and final round interview at Optum campus 2 weeks later. 2 round Interview was a tour of building, 2 interviews and a meet and greet with current employees.

Interview Questions

• Why health insurance?
      Why Optum?
      Walk me through the process of making a cup of tea   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2017.

Interview

I received an E-mail inviting me to complete a digital interview a few days after applying. This was a completely new experience for me. They allow you to do a "practice round" before completing the actual interview - I recommend taking advantage of this for someone who has never completed a digital interview before. It is a little awkward at first. Anyway, I guess I did okay, because about a week later I received an E-mail from the recruiter stating that the Hiring Manger would be in touch.

This is for a telecommute role, so all of my interviews were via phone. My first one was with the hiring manager. After this interview, the hiring manager then coordinated 3 additional interviews for me, one with his boss and the other 2 with his counterparts. One interview was via WebEx, where I was asked to present some of my work. The interview process went extremely quick and everyone was very accommodating to my scheduling needs.

After I went through all of the interviews, the hiring manager very quickly (on the same day of my last interview) reached out and let me know that they would be proceeding with an offer for me. It took about 2 weeks from there to actually get the finalized details of the offer in writing.

Although the time in-between getting a verbal offer and a finalized written offer took a bit longer than what I would have liked, I will say that there was never a lack of communication. If I asked for an update, I was given one. This made me feel confident that I was someone they were serious about pursuing and it was truly just a lag in the system approval process that was holding us up.

Great experience so far and am excited to get started in my new role!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my total compensation successfully with the recruiter and hiring manager. I explained my case as to why I felt I deserved what I was asking for and was awarded my request. Very pleased with this process.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Video interview, phone interview, then interview with director, manager, and potential co workers. I was probably 5-10 years older than said co workers and they were a little insulting in that they assumed you didn't know certain things critical to the job, such as what user acceptance testing was. Seems very target like culture, director admitted they are very picky on who they hire which kind of felt like a dig to me.

Interview Questions

• What would I need if I wanted to paint this room black?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the job by an internal employee. I started with a recorded video interview. You receive a link and then record yourself (i used my iPhone) answering the questions. You do get a practice run, which I strongly suggest you use, before your actual response is recorded. After the web interview, I received phone interview, then the in person interview. The process went really smooth and fairly quickly.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy, first did video interview where a screen prompted you with questions. very weird, didn't get phone interview. I think they were looking for more experience, even though it was stated as an entry level position

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The process started with an email I received from HR stating "Congratulations!" you have been invited to an online video interview (to be completed in 48 hours). This was a very strange process as there was no contact with a recruiter. The process took about 15 minutes, four questions. After I submitted the video I received a "Thank you" email. After a week I received an email from an HR representative inviting and congratulating me to the next step, which was to interview with a team member from the hiring department. The interview was conducted via phone four days after this contact. After this interview, the same HR representative sent me an email that I was invited to interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview I received a "Thanks but no thanks" email from a recruiter. No people contact what so ever. Very strange. Needless to say there was no job offer, however it would have been nice to speak to someone since I ultimately made it to the third interview. Feel like I was just a number.

Interview Questions

• General questions on current role and how it would translate into this role.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Received an email off to complete a digital interview. I have never participated in such an interview so prepare yourself with your webcam and lighting in your home. They ask 5 questions and give you 30 seconds to think before your response are recorded.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.